Thread: Overall I think we had good effort tonight

Default Overall I think we had good effort tonight

Brady is a stud.... no denying it. The dude made some incredible passes tonight. The Pats are going to be tough for anybody to beat.

I'm dissappointed in the loss but I think the Colts played a decent game. Can't argue that the turnovers killed us though..... but still, we don't cough it up TWICE in the RZ and we win that game by 7+.

We were AT NE, IN THE RAIN, ON OPENING NIGHT, and we had a chance to WIN and a chance to TIE in the final 3 minutes.....

We took the best team in the NFL down to the wire and we actually beat ourselves..... The Colts will be tough to beat and I expect it to be an entertaining season.

Go Colts!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Overall I think we had good effort tonight

Agree 100% , We lost and it hurt alot , but that was one hell of a game , couldn't ask for much more from a season opener.

Once again so close , but yet still just 1 less turnover away from winning

geekman

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brady is a stud.... no denying it. The dude made some incredible passes tonight. The Pats are going to be tough for anybody to beat.

I'm dissappointed in the loss but I think the Colts played a decent game. Can't argue that the turnovers killed us though..... but still, we don't cough it up TWICE in the RZ and we win that game by 7+.

We were AT NE, IN THE RAIN, ON OPENING NIGHT, and we had a chance to WIN and a chance to TIE in the final 3 minutes.....

We took the best team in the NFL down to the wire and we actually beat ourselves..... The Colts will be tough to beat and I expect it to be an entertaining season.

Go Colts!

Well said FTC. The Colts looked great minus the mistakes. Too many mistakes, the other fumble was on the NE 22. We had three turnovers when we had opportunities to score. It was just the first game of the season, though.

I loved watching Edge and Dom run the ball tonight. They ran for 200 yards! Was anyone else chanting, "just f***ing run it" during this drive?

1st-10, IND33 12:14 E. James rushed to the right for 5 yard gain
    2nd-5, IND39 12:14 E. James rushed up the middle for 7 yard gain
    1st-10, IND46 11:21 E. James rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain
    2nd-1, NE45 10:44 D. Rhodes rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
    1st-10, NE43 10:14 D. Rhodes rushed to the right for 13 yard gain
    1st-10, NE30 9:44 E. James rushed to the right for 8 yard gain
    2nd-2, NE22 9:16 E. James rushed to the left for 16 yard gain
    1st-6, NE6 8:29 D. Rhodes rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
    2nd-3, NE3 8:11 D. Rhodes rushed up the middle for 3 yard touchdown. M. Vanderjagt made PAT

I loved that drive. Peyton showed great patience tonight. 42 Rushes to 30 passes. If Edge and Dom keep running like they did last night, then all we have to do is keep the mistakes down and we win this game or any other.

Zesty

Great game, it's unfortunate that we had to lose. One less fumble from Edge and we win the game. I'm not at all mad at Vandy for shanking the FG since he was due to miss one anyway -- better to get it out of the way early.

Fumbles aside, Edge and the OL looked fantastic last night. Even though we lost, I'm feeling more confident about this season after last night's game.

Mood

Yep Edge looked great , the best he's looked since his injury , I was just really impressed that we ran so well , I think if we can keep Edge and Rhodes healthy that will only help Peyton and Marvin out alot this year.

I really can't say I am mad at anyone those guys after the game looked exhausted , it was a battle royal out there and too be so close even with the mistakes we made was a sure miracle.

Hats off to NE for coming up with a crucial sack at the end , Overall the season looks very bright and I think we got a great chance this year.

Unfortunately, at least to me, our defense looks like it could be equal to or worse than last years.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately, at least to me, our defense looks like it could be equal to or worse than last years.
    Yep I would agree , I really don't see an improvement and Doss getting hurt just might have made it worse , It's early so I will watch the next few games close Offense Looks great as usual and it's too bad we couldnt have did more on Defense..