Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warriors after Granger: Old and dead rumor

Default Re: Warriors after Granger

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we realistically get Monta? I don't really think so. I have backed off on Iguodala, but I'd rather have him than Monta.
    Iggy is a good choice, but I feel our offense is worse because I think a lot of times we don't have shot creation, and out of the three (granger iggy monta), I'd have monta for his shot creation ability alone. It would help our our offense a lot.

As for if we could get Monta..I don't see how Granger for Monta wouldn't work.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Iggy is a good choice, but I feel our offense is worse because I think a lot of times we don't have shot creation, and out of the three (granger iggy monta), I'd have monta for his shot creation ability alone. It would help our our offense a lot.

As for if we could get Monta..I don't see how Granger for Monta wouldn't work.
    I agree with that, and share those concerns. I just prefer Iguodala's size, defensive abilities, and all around game. He's a very good and willing passer and he doesn't turn into a black hole on offense like Monta has the tendency to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Not me. I'm that high on PG. Who would play Small Forward?
    A free agent we sign in the summer. Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler, Tayshaun Prince, Thad Young, AK 47, even Grant Hill. Neither Granger nor George will be as good as Curry is and will be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George will be far better than curry . No way I would give up on him already for curry when we already have our future pg. Trading Ellis for granger is only a lateral move if not below lateral.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Ellis is a bit overrated, IMO.

Yeah racks up a bunch of points every game, but he's not a team player.
    That sounds more like Danny Granger than Monta Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Paul George will be far better than curry . No way I would give up on him already for curry when we already have our future pg. Trading Ellis for granger is only a lateral move if not below lateral.
    How do you know this? Look what Curry did his rookie year when everyone doubted him. Cant tell me PG hasnt gotten the PT, the first 5 games he got his chance but was not able to do anything with it and the month of Jan. he has played every game and getting 25 + minutes the last 5 games.

Curry is used wrong at GS, he is a 2 not a point even though he is a bit undersized for the 2 spot he still has a sweet shot and quick release which gives him a major advantage.

If Ellis was not on GS then he would be a much bigger star than what he currently is. I would bet that if you polled all the NBA GMs they would rather have Ellis than Granger right now based on on court production. The guy has more talent than most in the league. Problem with Ellis on our team is that he would make our back court tiny and we would get eaten alive. He is just not a good fit at the 2 for us. But he would be gangbusters on a team liek Chicago or playing alongside Jason kidd in Dallas.
    JOB is a silly man

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    How do you know this? Look what Curry did his rookie year when everyone doubted him. Cant tell me PG hasnt gotten the PT, the first 5 games he got his chance but was not able to do anything with it and the month of Jan. he has played every game and getting 25 + minutes the last 5 games.

Curry is used wrong at GS, he is a 2 not a point even though he is a bit undersized for the 2 spot he still has a sweet shot and quick release which gives him a major advantage.
    ...who doubted him?

...who doubted him?
    A lot of the experts, most memorably Jay Bilas on draft night. Basically saying he was a great college player but didnt see him transitioning into the NBA.

A lot of the experts, most memorably Jay Bilas on draft night. Basically saying he was a great college player but didnt see him transitioning into the NBA.
    I never understood why they had Jay Bilas at the draft. That dude doesn't know **** about the NBA.

I thought most people had come around on him by that point.

what do you expect from the first five games of a players career??? Curry didn't do that good in his first five games either. And he has averaged 11 point per game in the last five games. Curry would be a good offensive SG but would killed killed on the defensive end. He can read defences for steals ( PG can do that as well) but he can't go one on one vs a 6'8 shooting guard. but George can. Paul George given experience will be an exellent scorer AND defensive player. It's not all about offense. George is already a better SG than curry. Curry is a pure point guard. we have a point guard and i don't see why Collison for curry would work either. Just another lateral move just like ellis for granger.

As I've said over and over. Monta Ellis = offensive black hole. He's been a little better this year, but that's still his game. Same reason AI was never a winner.

And again, before people start saying Ellis = Granger. Volume shooting does not = offensive black hole.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man I am a loyal fan and I like loyal players. I like Granger a lot and I like that he has been loyal to us, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I don't know why it seems like a lot of people on this board are eager to trade Danny when he's done so many good things for us, our team's image, and has been such a good influence on our players.

I'd rather get Curry than Ellis.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I never understood why they had Jay Bilas at the draft. That dude doesn't know **** about the NBA.

I thought most people had come around on him by that point.
    Well I tend to agree

but he did nail it when he was on ESPN on draft night saying how he couldnt believe all the teams passing up Brook Lopez
    Sittin on top of the world!

Well with that 30 million Bird thinks you can get two quality players. That could make a difference.

What I don't get is, unless they DO use the expirings before the deadline, I don't think they do have all this money they are talking about.

One, they aren't getting 30 million under the Salary Cap, they are losing existing salary to get further below the LUXURY Tax threshold.

Two, who knows how the new Salary alignments will work under the new CBA.

So '30 million this summer' always looks really, really wrong to me.

Maybe, count55 will do an updated article on this whole idea to supplement his work on the Salary cap sticky thread.
    They are less than $1 million above the cap right now with the current salary cap. With dunleavy, foster, solo, ford and tinsleys 45 million all coming off the books this summer we will be $30 mil below the cap if they keep the current cap and salary cap restrictions and such.

I agree though who knows what could happen with the CBA this summer.

I would pull off this 3 way trade and be done with it all, and definitely play Curry at the 2, he did it that first year in college and balled, and Eric Gordon isnt that much bigger and gets things done.

Pacers get: Favors, Curry, Outlaw, Biedrins, Brandan Wright, Morrow, Lakers 2011 1st round pick through the nets

Collison, Price,
    Curry, Morrow, Dahntay
    George, Outlaw, Posey
    Favors, Hansbrough, Wright
    Roy, Biedrins, Foster

Why?? Because it get us young, real young, gives us a great 2nd unit also, we move to the end of the 1st round, but we are still in it.

Nets get: Granger, Ekpe Udoh, Radmanovic(expirer), Gadzuric(expirer), Rush, and Lance.

Harris, Farmar, Uzoh
    Rush, Lance, Sasha
    Granger, James, Radmanovic
    Udoh, Humphries,
    Lopez, Gadz, Petro

why? They keep GSW #1 pick from this years draft and 2012 1st and 2 round picks, while getting Granger, Udoh, and Rush, making them relevant again.

Warriors get: Murphy, Ford, Dunleavy, McBob, the Nets 2011 1st round pick from the nets, Pacers 2011 1st round pick, Rockets 2012 1st rounder through the nets..

Ellis, Ford, Law, Lin
    Dunleavy, Bell,
    Wright, Williams,
    Murphy, McBob,
    Lee, Admunson

Why?? This move puts the Warriors to build whatever kind of team they want this offseason, and the picks, and money to make it happen. With a base of all stars Ellis and Lee, 2 1st round picks this year and next year, and a decent free agent class this year, and an excellent one next year, the warriors could be true contenders, and not just maverick pretenders.Then in the offseason, draft Kanter with the Nets pick, and Jordan Hamilton with the Pacers pick and Keith Benson in the 2nd round. Then they sign Wilson Chandler, Thad Young, Big Baby and bring back Azuibuke and Li to help develop Hamilton the first couple years. Then you have a good young lineup, 2 first rounders in 2012 to use or trade, and money to work with in 2012 free agency.

Ellis, Li
    Chandler, Azubuike
    Young, Hamilton
    Lee, Baby
    Kanter, Benson

I know its a lot, but I think it works, and I like it.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    If the title aggravates anyone feel free to change it

I didnt put that much thought into it
    we know
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Well with that 30 million Bird thinks you can get two quality players. That could make a difference.

What I don't get is, unless they DO use the expirings before the deadline, I don't think they do have all this money they are talking about.

One, they aren't getting 30 million under the Salary Cap, they are losing existing salary to get further below the LUXURY Tax threshold.

Two, who knows how the new Salary alignments will work under the new CBA.

So '30 million this summer' always looks really, really wrong to me.

Maybe, count55 will do an updated article on this whole idea to supplement his work on the Salary cap sticky thread.
    So our currently salary is 65,098,045, and the current salary cap is 58,044,000 million. We have roughly 30 million dollars coming off of the books, giving us 36,340,157 million in committed salaries next year. You can subtract 800,000 if we cut AJ Price from this, however.

If we do not renounce rights on Josh McRoberts, his cap hold, or "amount of salary held from the Cap Space if we choose to resign him and keep his rights otherwise, we can get rid of that if we renounce rights", is 884,293. Add that to our salary to get us around 37 million. The same with foster, expect the price is around 9.9 million. I'm assuming Foster won't be back and we'll renounce our rights.

Assuming we renounce McRoberts, cut AJ, and Renounce everyone else, we'll have 35 million in committed salaries. Our cap space will be cap - committed salary.

Its definitely not 30 million. It's one of the big reasons why I'd rather trade. Especially with the cap probably expected to shrink under the new CBA. Assuming this year's salary cap stays constant, we'll have 21 million to sign X players. But I certainly don't expect it to stay the same. You are dead right on this Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    we know
    oh your sooo cool

kid

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

90'sNBA is boss.

Wow lmao you definitely are the definition of "loose cannon" around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Wow lmao you definitely are the definition of "loose cannon" around here.
    yep

at least I can admit I am a definite work, or lack thereof, in progress

Im just fired up about tonight

Maybe I will pick on a homeless man tonight so I can feel real tough

/green

For what its worth man, in this economy, the fact I am sane enough to type is impressive

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So first I'm agreeing with UB and now in this thread I'm agreeing with Flox?
    You know what that means:
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Yeah I really can't wait for tonight either

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post: