View Poll Results: Who is the Darksider of the Year on Pacers Digest?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • able

    7 9.33%
  • BrushWithDeath

    2 2.67%
  • croz24

    6 8.00%
  • Mackey_Rose

    12 16.00%
  • vnzla81

    48 64.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

  1. #1
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Darksider of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was least optimistic about the team and its players.

    able, BRushWithDeath, croz24, Mackey_Rose, vnzla81

    In a category historically dominated by two posters, Bball and ChicagoJ, the 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards will crown a new champion skeptic. Perhaps hardened by the Coach O'Brien era, these five posters have continually expressed doubts about the Pacers' play and potential. Whether taking issue with particular players or questioning the team as a whole, which poster best captured the glass half-empty attitude this awards season?

    Past Winners:
    2004 - indytoad
    2005 - ChicagoJ
    2006 - Bball
    2007 - Bball
    2008 - Bball
    2009 - ChicagoJ
    2010 - Bball

    This poll will close on Sunday at 7 p.m.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Was tempted to go with able when I learned he's seriously worried about Hibbert leaving in free agency this summer, but I can't deny vnzla81's persistence; he gets the vote.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Darksider ?? IF that happens I will go PFFL for sure, you will all see what a true darksider looks like IF that happens
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  5. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Heh. I think we're gonna have a clear winner here.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #5
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    This should be renamed as the "Poster who hates Darren Collison" award

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Its ok vnz IMO you're more of a realist than anything.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    First of all, these are some of the most realistic posters on here.


    Also, I think three of them mainly just think Hansbrough's overrated.

  11. #8
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,333

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, these are some of the most realistic posters on here.


    Also, I think three of them mainly just think Hansbrough's overrated.
    And I'm not convinced two of them aren't the same person.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm not convinced two of them aren't the same person.
    who?

  14. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its ok vnz IMO you're more of a realist than anything.
    That's certainly his justification of it. I'll say he's the most pessimistic "realist" I have ever encountered.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Vzlna has been really slacking in this department ever since the old coach got canned.

  17. #12
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vzlna has been really slacking in this department ever since the old coach got canned.
    Nah, he just shifted his venom from JOB/Dunleavy to Collison/Danny.

  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's certainly his justification of it. I'll say he's the most pessimistic "realist" I have ever encountered.
    Pessimist and yet accurate, hate all you want but I've been right must of the time

  19. #14
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pessimist and yet accurate, hate all you want but I've been right must of the time
    If you say so man.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, he just shifted his venom from JOB/Dunleavy to Collison/Danny.
    Few weeks ago I was consider a hater because I knew that we neened a PG, I was also a hater for suggesting to play Hill over DC, now look a few weeks after that and almost everybody is on that bandwagon.

    Regarding Danny, it's just a matter of time .

  22. #16
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Vnzla isn't a darksider, he's cynical beyond repair for attention. I'll go with able.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,139

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    anybody can be cynical, but vnzla does it with style.

  25. #18
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Not sure if it would help anyone else, but if the first post had the avatar next to poster's name, it would help me identify them. For example, Mackey to me is just that guy that's making a "duh" face. Vznla is Stewie near a man-boob (not be confused with MBoyle Stewie).

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Few weeks ago I was consider a hater because I knew that we neened a PG, I was also a hater for suggesting to play Hill over DC, now look a few weeks after that and almost everybody is on that bandwagon.

    Regarding Danny, it's just a matter of time .

    I am sure you would even admit that JOB brought out a monster of pure rage . I also am betting the use of the word puke on this board has drastically declined since the coaching switch.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.

  28. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pessimist and yet accurate, hate all you want but I've been right must of the time
    Your accuracy is unparalleled.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  30. #21
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if it would help anyone else, but if the first post had the avatar next to poster's name, it would help me identify them. For example, Mackey to me is just that guy that's making a "duh" face. Vznla is Stewie near a man-boob (not be confused with MBoyle Stewie).
    Mackey is Matt Painter with his head about to explode. I actually find the facial expression to be quite fitting.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  32. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure you would even admit that JOB brought out a monster of pure rage . I also am betting the use of the word puke on this board has drastically declined since the coaching switch.
    Yep getting rid of Posey, JOB and Mike Dunleavy helps in that department

  33. #23

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    With the exception of vnzla, I actually think the three I'm competing against are some of the better members on the board, and without their contrasting views, this message board would be a bore.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Able to me is the real darksider, there is nobody in PD who is more negative than him, including me

  36. #25
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,144

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Darksider of the Year - 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the exception of vnzla, I actually think the three I'm competing against are some of the better members on the board, and without their contrasting views, this message board would be a bore.
    Of course, you do. Darksiders are like a cult. A strange, close-knit community of people who share similar ideas and often pat themselves in the back. They are ready to defend their comrades against the big, evil sunshiners.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. PD Forum Awards 2010: Darksider of the Year - Bball
    By Pig Nash in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
  2. 2009 PD Forum Awards - Pacers Thread of the Year
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
  3. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 12:19 AM
  4. Which is better for the Pacers, high draft pick or playoffs?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •