Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 & 2012 Free Agent list (espn)

Banned

Default Re: 2011 & 2012 Free Agent list (espn)

Sources: Nuggets seek Nene extension - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Stein
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have our first surprise of the final 2 ½ days of trade fun that the NBA’s long-running Melo Drama did not consume:

The Denver Nuggets, according to sources close to the situation, are already pitching a contract extension to Nene.

It had been widely assumed around the league that Denver’s center would shoot to the front of the trade line as soon as a Carmelo Anthony deal finally got done … and assuming there was enough time before the deadline for the Nuggets to work on follow-up deals.

But teams that have been calling for Nene -- and I’m told that more than half the league has rung Denver in recent weeks to register interest in the Brazilian big man -- are gradually being informed that a key element of the Nuggets’ post-Melo plan is trying to convince Nene to stay.

Although his love for the city is unquestioned, Nene has the right to opt out of his contract at season’s end and is poised to walk away from the $11.6 million he’s scheduled to make in 2011-12 to become a free agent. One source briefed on the state of negotiations told ESPN.com on Monday night not to completely rule out a trade, but confirmed that A) Denver’s immediate intent now that six-plus months of Melo-induced limbo is over is to try to reach terms with Nene on an extension before the June 30 deadline and B) a trade closer to the draft is the more likely escape route for Nene if talks don’t go anywhere.

The short-term impact is that a clutch of teams that planned to be lobbing in trade bids for Nene up to Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET trade buzzer, headlined by Houston and Miami, have become increasingly resigned to the fact that he won’t be made available this week as so widely presumed.

The Nuggets, meanwhile, are confident that they can quickly acquire at least one future first-round pick for newly acquired Raymond Felton if they want to move him before this week’s deadline, but sources say there is some sentiment within the organization to wait until closer to the draft before rushing into such moves, even though Ty Lawson is already in place as Denver’s point guard of the future.

The thinking there: It might be better to wait until June, in a year when the draft is seen as very weak some four months out, to allow for more time a better handle on the value of the picks that the Nuggets are being offered.

Wow could be had for pretty much a first round draft pick. I'd take him. Price and Felton are pretty much the same kind of player though.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Wow could be had for pretty much a first round draft pick. I'd take him. Price and Felton are pretty much the same kind of player though.
    Except one is better at this point and also more proven. At 7 million a year I would take Felton as a starter and tell Collsion that he will have to split time and improve his defense.

Edit: We actually could have a decent shot at getting him for our first. There is not many teams that could offer a lower pick that need a pg.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 02-22-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Banned

Adrian Wojnarowski (WojYahooNBA) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Wojnarowski
    Nene wants extension in Denver - in 5 year, $50M-plus range - but sources say he's intrigued with how he'd fit into OKC. Feeling's mutual.
    5/$50M+ for Nene. Is he worth it?

Banned

Does anyone know much about Reggie Williams?

From what I can gather:

He went undrafted in '08 coming out of Virginia Military Institute, where he led the NCAA in scoring in back-to-back years. He ended up playing in France for a year before joining the D-League, where he demolished people. He got called up by Golden State late last season where, in 24 games as a rookie, he put up an impressive 15/5/3. He's back this year, and while his minutes, he's putting up basically the same per-minute production. He's also sixth in the league in 3%, shooting .438. Oh, he's also a lefty. Everyone loves a lefty.

Anyways, he'll be a free agent in the offseason. He looks to me like a potential "super sleeper."

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post

I know he destroyed Indy this season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eric Gordon is the FA that matters most. If the Clipps sign DeAndre Jordan to a big contract, our chances should improve on Gordon.

Anybody else with me when I say this list sucks? We would finally get a whole bunch of money and then the free agents turn out to be garbanzo.

Look at the Hornets team right now, I know they are in the west, but they have a better team than the Pacers do right now. If you throw all your money at David West we basically become the Hornets but still not as good. If you keep the team we have this season and add David West next year, we might be win 38 games. Yippe!

Plus I heard David West is very intrigued by the New Jersey Nets.
    Here we come lottery?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Adrian Wojnarowski (WojYahooNBA) on Twitter

5/$50M+ for Nene. Is he worth it?
    He's worth a lot more than that in my opinion.. Woah.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

From what I can gather:

He went undrafted in '08 coming out of Virginia Military Institute, where he led the NCAA in scoring in back-to-back years. He ended up playing in France for a year before joining the D-League, where he demolished people. He got called up by Golden State late last season where, in 24 games as a rookie, he put up an impressive 15/5/3. He's back this year, and while his minutes, he's putting up basically the same per-minute production. He's also sixth in the league in 3%, shooting .438. Oh, he's also a lefty. Everyone loves a lefty.

Anyways, he'll be a free agent in the offseason. He looks to me like a potential "super sleeper."
    Reggie Williams is a scorer.....but not good enough to be the type of Starting SG that I am looking for. He's a solid backup SG that can fill in as a Starter on occasion. The Pacers have the $$$ to spend, I want a "Batman" to Granger's "Robin".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Anybody else with me when I say this list sucks? We would finally get a whole bunch of money and then the free agents turn out to be garbanzo.

Look at the Hornets team right now, I know they are in the west, but they have a better team than the Pacers do right now. If you throw all your money at David West we basically become the Hornets but still not as good. If you keep the team we have this season and add David West next year, we might be win 38 games. Yippe!

Plus I heard David West is very intrigued by the New Jersey Nets.
    IMHO....if TPTB are satisfied with PG being our Starting SF....I think that we should offer Granger to the Hornets for David West.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Eric Gordon is the FA that matters most. If the Clipps sign DeAndre Jordan to a big contract, our chances should improve on Gordon.
    Why?

Gordon will be a RFA....the Clippers will have the $$ to spend and can match anything that any Team can offer. Also....I thought that one of the reasons why the Clips decided to trade BDiddy for MoWill is because they want to clear Capspace and a roster spot to try to lure one of the Top Tier FAs in 2012 to go play in Sunny ClipperLand alongside the BlakeShow and EJ....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Why?

Gordon will be a RFA....the Clippers will have the $$ to spend and can match anything that any Team can offer. Also....I thought that one of the reasons why the Clips decided to trade BDiddy for MoWill is because they want to clear Capspace and a roster spot to try to lure one of the Top Tier FAs in 2012 to go play in Sunny ClipperLand alongside the BlakeShow and EJ....
    i think it was p4e who said it but it basically comes down to where Gordon wants to play. your correct, clipps can match any offer and offer the most. if Gordon wants to play for Indiana, Pacers offer him a 1 year max deal, and if the clipps match it then Gordon is a FA the following season. none of the above is likely, but if Gordon wanted to play here, and i see that as a real possibility, then you make the Clippers an offer they cannot refuse.

alot of it will depend on the new cba. im not annoiting Gordon the savior, he will need talent around him.. but he fills a position this team lacks, will hopefully boost attendance, and its the closest the Pacers are going to come to signing a superstar.

build it around Gordon, George, Hansbrough, Hibbert. im not certain DC is the pg of the future or not, same goes for lance. not trying to derail the thread here, Gordon and George would be strong sg/sf combo.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Banned

J.R. Smith, Zach Randolph, GRANT HILL! ( Don't hate ), and JJ Barea would be great pick-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Speaking strictly of free agents (or players than may opt out), considering each position, I like the following:

PF -
    West (starter), Landry (backup), McRoberts (backup only) Glen Davis (backup), Humphries (backup). Randolph is a fine offensive player, but I wouldn't touch him.

C -
    Perkins (backup/part time starter)

SG / PG-
    Jamal Crawford (combo guard), Daniels (can still guard PG, SG, SF)

SF -
    Wilson Chandler

I would definitely go after West first. If West cannot be signed, then I would try to work a trade to acquire a good PF. If that does not progress, I would sign both of Landry and McRoberts, depending on dollars.

Secondly, I would go after Perkins as a backup center, or a heavy minutes player on those occassions that Hibbert is missing in action. Perkins is not the greatest offensive player in the world, but he can guard virtually any center in the league straight up

If Hibbert can't get it turned around before the end of this season, I would consider picking up a stronger scoring SG like Jamal Crawford. If we feel as though we need an SG/PG that can score from the perimeter but cannot get our hands on Crawford, I would look into acquiring Kirk Hinrich through a trade. He has only one year left at 8M, thus would be an expiring contract that is viewed as a very good player by most other teams in the league. He could traded next season, allowed to expire, used in a sign and trade or even re-signed for less money. That's not to move away from the youth movement at SG or PG either one, it's just that Hinrich is a great backcourt utility player to have around to fill almost any need you would have.
    Perkins will not be a free agent......He already signed a three year extension with the Thunder.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Future_NBA_Player View Post
    Perkins will not be a free agent......He already signed a three year extension with the Thunder.
    Yes, I am aware of that. My post was made well before the trade.

My list may also be irrelevant. At this time, I would be surprised if the Pacers were able to attract even the mediocre free agents. Due to our dysfunctional state, I think most FAs would not willingly come to Indy.

So, we have just a few short weeks to reprove ourselves as the hard-competing team we once were. If we can do that, maybe we can land a decent free agent or two.

If we can't accomplish a re-make, then the only way we improve is through trades and we will probably have to give up much more than we get back.

It's looking kind of grim, if you ask me.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers need to get tougher, and bring in more talent. The 2011 class isn't really that strong, but there are players that would make us tougher or a more talented team. I think the Pacers will need to use the trade market for a major upgrade, but there are a few players that I think would help this team take another step forward, that may not be the major upgrade we all are hoping for.

Jamaal Crawford
    Glen Davis
    Tyson Chandler
    Arron Afflalo
    Wilson Chandler
    Nene
    J.R Smith (Nuggets can't keep them all)
    DeAndre Jordan
    Zach Randolph
    Marc Gasol
    Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
    Kris Humphries
    Marco Bellinelli
    Carl Landry
    David West
    Jason Richardson
    Thaddeus Young
    Spencer Hawes
    Mickael Pietrus
    Marcus Thornton
    Samuel Dalembert
    Reggie Evans
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Yi Jianlian
    Nick Young
    Josh Howard

Injury risks:
    Caron Butler
    Yao Ming
    Greg Oden
    Michael Redd

Obviously they won't all be available, nor would all of them be a starter, but depending on the price and interest players are getting from around the league, there's a solid list of players that improve our team. How much? Not sure, but we'll have opportunities to get better, or at least add depth with talent and guys that will play hard on a regular basis

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I think the Pacers need to get tougher, and bring in more talent. The 2011 class isn't really that strong, but there are players that would make us tougher or a more talented team. I think the Pacers will need to use the trade market for a major upgrade, but there are a few players that I think would help this team take another step forward, that may not be the major upgrade we all are hoping for.

Jamaal Crawford
    Glen Davis
    Tyson Chandler
    Arron Afflalo
    Wilson Chandler
    Nene
    J.R Smith (Nuggets can't keep them all)
    DeAndre Jordan
    Zach Randolph
    Marc Gasol
    Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
    Kris Humphries
    Marco Bellinelli
    Carl Landry
    David West
    Jason Richardson
    Thaddeus Young
    Spencer Hawes
    Mickael Pietrus
    Marcus Thornton
    Samuel Dalembert
    Reggie Evans
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Yi Jianlian
    Nick Young
    Josh Howard

Injury risks:
    Caron Butler
    Yao Ming
    Greg Oden
    Michael Redd

Obviously they won't all be available, nor would all of them be a starter, but depending on the price and interest players are getting from around the league, there's a solid list of players that improve our team. How much? Not sure, but we'll have opportunities to get better, or at least add depth with talent and guys that will play hard on a regular basis
    Luc Richard Mbah a Moute he can defend all 5 postions and would be a very good garbage man

It looks like Randolph may get his extension after all.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-nearing-deal/
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-21-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys are sorely mistaken and will be highly disappointed when we don't sign anyone major as a free agent.

We have ten guys under contract plus two draft picks. The most likely scenario where we significantly upgrade the roster would be to make a trade bringing back unwanted salary and sending out draft picks. I think we will probably see us go after a couple of back up bigs and use our cap space when the right deal comes along.

PG - Collison, Price, Stephenson
    SG - George, Rush, DJones
    SF - Granger, Posey
    PF - Hansborough
    C - Hibbert

Our front court has no depth going into next year. I could see us filling the last three roster spots with Foster, McRoberts, and a player like Kwame Brown on a one or two year deal. I see a chance that we bring back Dunleavy as well, leaving our team exactly as it is now, but with two more rookies.

Bird will continue to look for upgrades, but they will come through trade. Not through Free Agency, unless the CBA changes dramatically and we are one of the only attractive destination because of cap space limitations.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh... my girlfriend grew up with Reggie Williams and they are good friends. The guy has a sweet stroke and a versatile offensive game. I think he would be a good addition, but I don't see him coming here because he wouldn't have an icreased role on our roster from what he has in GS. If a team can open up more playing time for him, I would think he would go there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    With what he'd done in Yao's absence, I don't think Houston would let him get away, but I'd be interested in Chuck Hayes. Not a lot of offense, but can play 4 & 5 despite his size and is a quintessential blue collar rebounder/defender type.
    Chuck Hayes is one of my favorite players because he's as physical as Foster but is isn't the detriment on the offensive end of the court that Foster is. Chuck is one of the best post defenders in the NBA.

IMO, what the Pacers need the most is a SG that can shoot and a Center that can come in and contribute a little offense when Roy is having one of his craptacular games like he has from time to time. Stanko would be great to bring in for that role but if not, I think the Pacers should make a run at Tyson Chandler (doubt he'll want to leave Dallas), Marc Gasol, and Chuck Hayes.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and/or Glen Davis would be a great energy guy to have. He's a lot like Hansbrough in that he has a motor that never stops and is very strong for an undersized PF.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!