Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 & 2012 Free Agent list (espn)

Default Re: 2011 & 2012 Free Agent list (espn)

Is there anyone else here that thinks it might be best just for the team to sit pat with what they got and not overpay for a FA that will only make it difficult to re-sign the younger players?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there anyone else here that thinks it might be best just for the team to sit pat with what they got and not overpay for a FA that will only make it difficult to re-sign the younger players?
    I agree with this to a point. You don't have to get a player just to spend the money and say you made use of it.

There are some decent free agents though that the Pacers should go after. I mentioned Tyson Chandler before and I still hope the Pacers make a run at him. I also mentioned Shelden Williams too. Another guy I really like but doesn't get any talk is Chuck Hayes of the Rockets. He is undersized but very effective. Reggie Evans is another blue collar big man who would be a good addition.

That is the direction I want the Pacers to go in...blue collar. I was torn on guys like Jeff Green and Josh Smith but I really like the blue collar approach the Pacers have taken with Hands and Josh at the PF spot. Stick with the blue collar guys even if they don't have the big name.

Other free agents i'd love to see in Indiana include Shane Battier but I think he wants to stay in Houston.

I would like to see a veteran point guard added to. Just a third stringer to help Darren, AJ, and even Lance. The problem is you can't find the veteran point guards like you could a few years ago. I don't think wing players are a need of the Pacers. Even if (hopefully) you subtract Mike Dunleavy they still have Danny, Paul, Brandon, and Dahntay plus Lance. Signing a guy like Quinton Ross would be good enough.

I don't think the Pacers need to go after big names. Save most of the money because they have a roster full of players that can be special.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    The free agent's list is very underwhelming. I like Jason Richardson, Glen Davis, David West, Tayshaun Prince, and Tyson Chandler but I'm not sure that they will be worth their contract 3 years from now. Jeff Green might fit in well here considering that he an Roy are friends and former Georgetown teammates but he's a PF in a SF's body and I don't think the Pacers need another SF.

I think the Pacers should instead upgrade their bench with serviceable players like Leandro Barbosa, Mickael Pietrus, and Kelenna Azubuike with a 2 year deal type of contract and then go fishing again in the summer of 2012 when some of the big name FAs like Howard, DWill, and CP3 might be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

History beckons. Jared Sullinger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hall O'Point View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Do you have any legitimate new sources which have stated that Yao's injury is likely a career killer? A Yao at, say, 80% and playing limited minutes (20-24 mpg) would still be one of the best players in the upcoming draft class.
    "If God had wanted women to play ball, he would've made them men."
    --Al Bundy

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Problem is that he likely becomes a Murphleavy contract. If we throw 3 years/30 mil at him we are ****ed for three years with a guy who plays five-ten games a year for 24 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    The free agent's list is very underwhelming. I like Jason Richardson, Glen Davis, David West, Tayshaun Prince, and Tyson Chandler but I'm not sure that they will be worth their contract 3 years from now. Jeff Green might fit in well here considering that he an Roy are friends and former Georgetown teammates but he's a PF in a SF's body and I don't think the Pacers need another SF.

I think the Pacers should instead upgrade their bench with serviceable players like Leandro Barbosa, Mickael Pietrus, and Kelenna Azubuike with a 2 year deal type of contract and then go fishing again in the summer of 2012 when some of the big name FAs like Howard, DWill, and CP3 might be available.
    All of those guys will probably be in the same situation Melo is in right now. None of them (Howard, Dwill and CP3) will want to give up the big money to become a FA. Of course thats under the current CBA but the only guy I think we might have a shot at is Dwill and even that is a very long one.

I would much rather trade for West now and sign him before he gets to the FA market where his price could increase.

Man.. Just imagine DWill on this team..

Back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post

Back to reality.
    Well the only way we sign a guy like him is if we are a top 5 team in the East and the only way we are a top 5 team in the East is if we sign another guy like West and develop our young core of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post

Back to reality.
    whats with the ?

im happy with what we have
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I apologize.. I should have made myself more clear. The shudder was meant as a "shake" as if I'm waking up from a dream.

I am, as well, happy with what we have.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    whats with the ?

im happy with what we have
    WTF? you cant be serious if we could get D will we better be all over it. How can you be satifyed with the current roster?? We need to improve it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    WTF? you cant be serious if we could get D will we better be all over it. How can you be satifyed with the current roster?? We need to improve it.
    alright alright

maybe we'll pull off a deal and bring in a decent big man

i like the team we have

lets go down the list

pg - check
    sg - check (trade someone not paul george)
    sf - check (trade someone not danny granger)
    pf - can use another good defender
    c - roy can use a backup (most likely josh in the future)
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 02-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    alright alright

maybe we'll pull off a deal and bring in a decent big man

i like the team we have

lets go down the list

pg - check
    sg - check (trade someone not paul george)
    sf - check (trade someone not danny granger)
    pf - can use another good defender
    c - roy can use a backup (most likely josh in the future)
    Ok now how does that compare to the contenders??? We wont be contenders for a few years. Really the only way we ever get to be at contender status if both Paul and Lance become elite players.

Ok now how does that compare to the contenders??? We wont be contenders for a few years. Really the only way we ever get to be at contender status if both Paul and Lance become elite players.
    they probably will and we're going to be a top team competing in the east in 3-4 years

if a good deal comes along and a team will take an expiring by all means we do it

i like brandon rush but i dont know if hes going to have a place with this team

we really need a solid starting pf because both josh and tyler do well coming off the bench with their energy

roy is going to be a top center someday and dc is going to improve at the point and get recognition to make this a better team

we're in good shape
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 02-17-2011 at 11:08 PM.

It is a very underwelming list. I would use the cap space in a trade if the CBA is similiar to what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    As for free agents, the only realistic option i like is David West. Zach Randolph and J-Rich are the other two I like, but given their history I don't think they are realistic for a franchise so self-conscious about its image.

Nene won't be a free agent, makes no sense to opt out of 11.6 mil without new CBA. Besides, I don't like him next to Hibbert untill Hibbert find that range he missplaced since the Bogut game. Right now that frontline would be so limited offensively, not to mention no answer to Dirks and Wests of the league on defense. I wouldn't mind a February trade of Nene for Hibbert though, makes Denver younger, and we could still go for West in offseason. Granger-West-Nene on paper seem to be a great fit and might be the best 3-4-5 combo in the league.
    Couldn't agree more with this. I think West is easily the best (and most realistic) choice if we are going to sign a free agent. He's not a slam dunk, but he would upgrade this team in a big way. That's coming from someone who enjoys the Tyler McRoberts two headed monster too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    I have thought for some time that Bird might be eyeing AK47 to put between Hibbert and Granger.
    I wouldn't mind AK47....but he's injury prone.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

History beckons. Jared Sullinger's Avatar

I see Kirilenko as being too redundant with McRoberts at this point in time. I'd rather keep the 23-year-old up-and-comer than sign the 30-year-old has-been, which I'm assuming it'd take at least $6-7M per-year for Andrei.

Thad Young is a good young (22) player who hasn't been talked about much. He's good enough to be a starting SF if Granger ever gets moved or would make an excellent combo-forward off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some 6th Man of the Year votes at the end of the season. He's been one of the biggest reasons why Philly has become one of the league's surprise teams. As an added bonus, we'd be taking a good young player away from a rival Eastern Conference team. Personally, I like Young better than Jeff Green.
    Last edited by Jared Sullinger; 02-18-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    "If God had wanted women to play ball, he would've made them men."
    --Al Bundy

Mood

what about ronny turiaf? he could back up roy blocks shots perfect back up center imo

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by oz_pacer View Post
    what about ronny turiaf? he could back up roy blocks shots perfect back up center imo
    Knicks need him

Mood

Knicks need him
    so that means we cant get him?

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by oz_pacer View Post
    so that means we cant get him?
    if you want to overpay proably we could get him. But i dont see the knicks letting him go. He is a great defender and rebounder and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    I agree with this to a point. You don't have to get a player just to spend the money and say you made use of it.

There are some decent free agents though that the Pacers should go after. I mentioned Tyson Chandler before and I still hope the Pacers make a run at him. I also mentioned Shelden Williams too. Another guy I really like but doesn't get any talk is Chuck Hayes of the Rockets. He is undersized but very effective. Reggie Evans is another blue collar big man who would be a good addition.

That is the direction I want the Pacers to go in...blue collar. I was torn on guys like Jeff Green and Josh Smith but I really like the blue collar approach the Pacers have taken with Hands and Josh at the PF spot. Stick with the blue collar guys even if they don't have the big name.

Other free agents i'd love to see in Indiana include Shane Battier but I think he wants to stay in Houston.

I would like to see a veteran point guard added to. Just a third stringer to help Darren, AJ, and even Lance. The problem is you can't find the veteran point guards like you could a few years ago. I don't think wing players are a need of the Pacers. Even if (hopefully) you subtract Mike Dunleavy they still have Danny, Paul, Brandon, and Dahntay plus Lance. Signing a guy like Quinton Ross would be good enough.

I don't think the Pacers need to go after big names. Save most of the money because they have a roster full of players that can be special.
    Haha, this post and your avatar go perfectly together. What exactly is this "blue collar" nonsense you folks keep talking about? These dudes aren't tig welding for 18 bucks an hour. Which players do you consider white collar? Kyle Korver maybe? Anyway...

Man, I love this team, love watching them play, love their personalities, but I'm really not opposed to shaking up our front court a bit like an earlier poster said. We could feasibly get both Nene AND Jeff Green which would give us one of the toughest, most diverse big men rotations in the league. With Roy's attitude, I don't think he'd be opposed to taking a slightly reduced role if it meant the team being successful. Minutes would be slim, but we really need more talent.

I mean, you've also got Zach Randolf, Deandre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, David West, Carl Landry. ALL interesting and seemingly attainable.

I just don't think we can stand pat on our current bigs. Roy just seems so flimsy out there, I think he's more suited to be a heavy role player, 18-20 minutes a night. And Tyler's exciting, but I don't know, I think teams are going to figure him out. He's also more of a role player, spark off the bench type of guy in my opinion.

The guard pool isn't nearly as deep but I'd love to see Shannon Brown, Jamal Crawford, or Marcus Thornton here. I think they can all be combo guard types and fill a "6th man" role really nicely.

Just for fun:

Nene/Roy/McRob
    Green/Hans/Mcrob
    Danny/Green/Paul
    Paul/Thornton/Rush/Lance
    DC/Thornton/AJ/Lance

I'm just excited to be excited about the Pacers again really man. Nowhere to go but up now.

Free agents? You act like Bird isn't stashing this money to give the All Star from Mostar Stanko Barac a max contract in the offseason.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Green sucks. we dont want him.