Thread: JO Highlight Video

Default JO Highlight Video

I found this over at that Lakers Forum

http://www.nbaevolution.com/videos/j...-cjtheman.mpeg

It seems pretty cool. I've only managed to download half of it so far, but I like it so far. Except the music.

Some of JO's moves in this are insane, I had forgotten how nice they were.

I can't wait for the season to start.

Also, sorry if this video has been posted before, I don't know if it's an old one or what.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

Default Re: JO Highlight Video

After watching that video, I really hope that Carlisle makes this years offense more "up-tempo".

Man, that's freaking insane.

Two things it brings to mind.

1. I'm really glad Jermaine had the summer off. Last year (2003) he played in the Olympic qualifiers, the year before (2002) he played in the World Basketball Championships, the year before (2001) he played in the Goodwill games. The man has represented the country for three straight years (and would have again this year if he hadn't been injured), and his NBA game has suffered for it. He's said we'll be surprised this year, and I believe it.

2. It seems like Jermaine uses a much smaller variety of moves now. He's found ones that he likes, and he uses them. I think he's poorer for this. Some of those were incredible... some of the best were from when he was skinnier. I can't tell if he's really that much less mobile or if he just doesn't think that way any more... seems like he's gone more of the power route.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

One other thing.... anybody notice how many of those incredible plays started with Tinsley?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Man, one other thing, sorry. Notice how often he used the baby hook from both hands in the old clips. He doesn't do that nearly as often now... that's a move you don't lose. We should see more of that.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NewType

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, one other thing, sorry. Notice how often he used the baby hook from both hands in the old clips. He doesn't do that nearly as often now... that's a move you don't lose. We should see more of that.
    Agree 100%. Also, he stops using his spin move to go towards the rim. Instead, he follows it with a fade away jumper. I remember back in 2002, people started giving him props for having a spin move as quick as Moses Malone's.

[edit=509=1095013456][/edit]
    [edit=509=1095013498][/edit]

I agree, JO should go back to some of those moves. The hook is nice.

Jermaine doesn't seem to "freelance" as much anymore, if you want to call it that. I'm talking about where he would use a series of head fakes, stutter steps, etc. to get by his man. I used to really like that. Is he not as mobile as then because of the bulk he added, or what happened?

I love the one where JO blocks the shot to start the break, and then finishes it with a dunk.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Great video. Now we just need some Reggie videos like this. If you got any upload them somewhere or any post some links if u know any.

It's been a while since Reggie put out this kind of impressive moves. That video could be a career tribute video, but of a current player it would just be depressing to realize how much he's declined.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

ok the website won't load at all... anywhere else I can see this video?

I can't see it either

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

I downloaded it earlier. I'll host it on the site, and post the link when it's ready.

I also made a quick edit-- I agreed with the idea that I'd like to try it with different music, so I slapped in a different song. Unlike Pacer videos that were created by me, this doesn't have hardly any moments where the music peaks on a dunk or anything, but in general I kind of like it.

I'm uploading that one too.

I had to open it in Quicktime to get it to work...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Mood

finally got it to transfer, had to grab it from my temp folder... yes PLEASE put different music in there

Mood

Here's the one w/ diff. music. Remember that I did this quickly. Also, the music doesn't kick in for 11 seconds.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/jo.wmv

Mood

Mood

I would have put momma said knock you out by LL cool J.. anything is better than the original version though

I'd really like to see more Pacers videos like that. I tried to find some earlier, but all I came up with was Yao Ming dunking on Chris Kaman... over... and.. over...

canyoufeelit

Once again Hicks is the man