Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

  1. #1
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=679jzd8

    Pacers Get:
    Iguodala
    Nocioni

    76ers Get:
    Dunleavy
    Ford
    2011 1st Draft pick (Optional I guess)

    Looks pretty fair in my opinion... we get Iggy who supports both our offense and defense
    76ers get 19,000,000$ off this summer, maybe a draft pick
    Nocioni will kinda be an anchor for us but if you look ahead we'd have that cap space later when both he and posey end their contracts

  2. #2
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Al Davis wouldn't even make this trade.

  3. #3
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    I like this Idea. Maybe give them Rush and we take back Speights. So

    Pacers Give: Dun, Ford, Rush +1st

    Pacers Get: Iggy, Nocioni, Speights.

    DC/AJ/Lance
    Iggy/PG/Lance
    Danny/PG/
    Speights/Tyler/Mcbob
    Roy/Speights/

    Jeff and Solo expire, Nocioni, Posey and Dahntay fill out our bench.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 02-01-2011 at 12:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    I doubt we'd get Iggy and Speights from them without giving away one of our big four assets (Danny/DC/Roy/PG24).

  5. #5
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    I'm not very much into Speights, i value him as a player but I don't think the 76ers would give up on him
    the trade i suggested just seems fair for both sides
    I don't really have plans for Nocioni to be honest, I see him as a bench warmer. The only reason I added him is to help 76ers with cap

  6. #6
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we'd get Iggy and Speights from them without giving away one of our big four assets (Danny/DC/Roy/PG24).
    If the Sixers decide to go into full on rebuild, then this would be fair. ie cap relief a young talent in Rush and another 1st.

  7. #7
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not very much into Speights, i value him as a player but I don't think the 76ers would give up on him
    the trade i suggested just seems fair for both sides
    I don't really have plans for Nocioni to be honest, I see him as a bench warmer. The only reason I added him is to help 76ers with cap
    Speights is wasted talent in Philly. He'd definitely be put to good use here.

    Nocioni would be used to fill out the bench with Posey and Dahntay. But all three could serve as valuable come playoff time.

  8. #8
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Sixers decide to go into full on rebuild, then this would be fair. ie cap relief a young talent in Rush and another 1st.

    I guess that's the biggest hurdle here. The Sixers have been playing pretty well over the past 4 or 5 weeks, and are currently sitting at 8th. If we were to trade with them this season, I feel like we would be the ones shedding long-term salary (i.e. Danny, Posey). And considering how far Rush's play/stock has plummeted since his hot start, I doubt he'd be considered much of an asset for a team unless they were interested in his expiring deal for 2012.

    In this trade, we'd be getting the two best players by far, and giving them almost nothing to build on expect a mid-teens draft pick (assuming we made this deal tomorrow and the Pacers improved as much as they should).

  9. #9
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this trade, we'd be getting the two best players by far, and giving them almost nothing to build on expect a mid-teens draft pick (assuming we made this deal tomorrow and the Pacers improved as much as they should).
    While i do agree with you about getting the best players out of the deal, I disagree with this this statement. Philly is strapped for cash now and in the future and even with their recent push they are mediocre.

    They would have a ton of financial flexibility in this upcoming offseason along with two 1st rounders to build on the Holiday/Turner/Young Trio.

    The kicker is do they go into rebuild mode or do they believe they could sustain their position even without Iggy. I guess we'll see.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speights is wasted talent in Philly. He'd definitely be put to good use here.

    Nocioni would be used to fill out the bench with Posey and Dahntay. But all three could serve as valuable come playoff time.
    These three on the pacer bench for another year is just depressing.

  11. #11
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These three on the pacer bench for another year is just depressing.
    They expire just in time for the summer of 2012. More encouraging than depressing.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They expire just in time for the summer of 2012. More encouraging than depressing.
    We don't need to wait for the summer of 2012 because the summer of 2011 is where we will have a decent pick and let three expirings leave.
    We can't just keep waiting for next season.
    If somehow we can unload Posey or Dahntay that would be the grand sweep.

  13. #13
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    About Speights:
    I'm pretty sure they're counting on him for the future and it's not like his salary is huge.
    and also...

    Collison / Price
    Iggy / George / Lance
    Granger / Posey
    Tyler / Mc / Speights
    Hibbert / Foster / Nocioni

    OR

    Collison / Price
    Iggy / Rush / Lance
    Granger / George
    Tyler / Mc / Nocioni
    Hibbert / Foster / Nocioni

    2nd one looks better imo

    BTW.
    Posey and Nocioni expire @ 2012. which is GOOD. it gives us the boost we need now (iggy) and salary for later

  14. #14
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't need to wait for the summer of 2012 because the summer of 2011 is where we will have a decent pick and let three expirings leave.
    We can't just keep waiting for next season.
    If somehow we can unload Posey or Dahntay that would be the grand sweep.
    Only reason I said that was with the thought of having Iggy on the team. Nocioni and Posey would expire in the 2012 summer giving us more cap space to extend Roy and add another piece.

  15. #15
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About Speights:
    I'm pretty sure they're counting on him for the future and it's not like his salary is huge.
    and also...

    Collison / Price
    Iggy / George / Lance
    Granger / Posey
    Tyler / Mc / Speights
    Hibbert / Foster / Nocioni

    OR

    Collison / Price
    Iggy / Rush / Lance
    Granger / George
    Tyler / Mc / Nocioni
    Hibbert / Foster / Nocioni

    2nd one looks better imo

    BTW.
    Posey and Nocioni expire @ 2012. which is GOOD. it gives us the boost we need now (iggy) and salary for later
    If we trade for Iggy and Speights they would both be starters here. Oh yeah, Nocioni is in no way, shape, form or fashion a center.

  16. #16
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we trade for Iggy and Speights they would both be starters here. Oh yeah, Nocioni is in no way, shape, form or fashion a center.
    Indeed.
    Sorry, My bad. dunno why i thought he's a center/PF.
    Well anyway he'd still be a bench warmer if you ask me

  17. #17
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed.
    Sorry, My bad. dunno why i thought he's a center/PF.
    Well anyway he'd still be a bench warmer if you ask me
    That would be Speights job.

  18. #18
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    I think maye this could be a compromise:

    Pacers get:
    1.Iggy-star next to granger
    2.Speights-future PF
    3.Morris Petterson-Expiring

    Philly gets:
    1. 1st rounder-from Indy
    2. Dunleavy-productive expiring
    3. Ford-expiring
    4. Rush- great backup/ borderline starter
    5. Daquen Cook- young player/expiring/great shooter

    Thunders get:
    1. D. Jones- Veteran defender
    3. Nocioni - Brings veteran leadership and more productive than petterson

    Morris Peterrson and cook are bench warmers for OKC. nocioni and D. jones are at least productive.

    Collison/AJ/Lance
    Iggy/Petterson
    Granger/George
    Speights/Tyler/Jmac
    Hibbert/ JMac/Foster

    Bench: solo, Posey,petterson

    That looks capable of a good playoff push but i would prefer a 3 wing rotation of Iggy, Granger, and George
    Also speights is really wasted talent there. He averages 6 ppg and 4 rpg in only 12 min. a game! that's 18 and 12 per 36. They even play spencer hawes ahead of him.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 02-01-2011 at 08:26 PM.

  19. #19
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / 76ers.. Just like everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think maye this could be a compromise:

    Pacers get:
    1.Iggy-star next to granger
    2.Speights-future PF
    3.Morris Petterson-Expiring

    Philly gets:
    1. 1st rounder-from Indy
    2. Dunleavy-productive expiring
    3. Ford-expiring
    4. Rush- great backup/ borderline starter
    5. Daquen Cook- young player/expiring/great shooter

    Thunders get:
    1. D. Jones- Veteran defender
    3. Nocioni - Brings veteran leadership and more productive than petterson

    Morris Peterrson and cook are bench warmers for OKC. nocioni and D. jones are at least productive.

    Collison/AJ/Lance
    Iggy/Petterson
    Granger/George
    Speights/Tyler/Jmac
    Hibbert/ JMac/Foster

    Bench: solo, Posey,petterson

    That looks capable of a good playoff push but i would prefer a 3 wing rotation of Iggy, Granger, and George
    Also speights is really wasted talent there. He averages 6 ppg and 4 rpg in only 12 min. a game! that's 18 and 12 per 36. They even play spencer hawes ahead of him.
    Here's a link to make it more simple
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=46hc2xv

    and it actually works... looks pretty much OK for pacers and 76ers, but doesn't look too good for OKC. unless they want to get cap for 2012

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  3. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  4. Good explanation of the Pacers lease situation...
    By Iceman1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
  5. Replies: 234
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •