Thread: LeBron a Father?

sweabs

Default LeBron a Father?

g
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: LeBron a Father?

I wouldn't put it past him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A special rite of passage for any NBA player before too long is to have a child out of wedlock.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A special rite of passage for any NBA player before too long is to have a child out of wedlock.
    You know, it may be his girlfriend, we don't know any facts.

I don't think its any of our buisness if he's going to be a father or not.

If you're willing to be a father, I don't think it should matter wether it was out of wedlock or not. This isn't the 1700's.
    [edit=64=1094938065][/edit]

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

I guess you didn't read the last sentence. "The NBA's reigning Rookie of the Year, James is single."

If you're willing to be a father, I don't think it should matter wether it was out of wedlock or not. This isn't the 1700's.
    If you were willing to be a father would you keep it hush-hush and not have some connection with the mother?

Anyway I was just pointing out a trend that seems to be getting bigger, plus I forgot a or .

* Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I guess you didn't read the last sentence. "The NBA's reigning Rookie of the Year, James is single."
    "single," for all we know, simply means NOT MARRIED....you think he updates his girlfriend status with the media?

If you were willing to be a father would you keep it hush-hush and not have some connection with the mother?
    If I were a major public figure like Lebron, you're damn right I would keep it hush-hush.

You also have ZERO clue as to how close he is with the mother. Thats incredibly ignorant to just assume what his relation to her is.

[edit=64=1094939398][/edit]
    [edit=64=1094939550][/edit]

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I am assuming that they had sex. So I guess they were fairly close.

Having a child at 18 or 19 isn't a great thing. It doesn't make him a bad person just another 18 yr.old who had sex which isn't that rare. But being an unwed father isn't the kind of publicity that his sponsers want. It also isn't what parents of teenages want for their children's role models.

While, yes, it really isn't our buisness he is in the public eye. While it can be unfair he makes a lot of money because he is and has to take the bad with the good.

It doesn't change my opinion of him I still won't root for a Cavalier.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Jordan had a kid out of wedlock, didn't hurt him any.....

I think Shaq did, too.

Makes you think, doesn't it.
    [edit=53=1094948893][/edit]

I doubt that it will hurt LeBron either.

That wasn't really my point. Having a child so young is viewed by society as a negative. Parents and sponsers will have opinions about it. That's part of being in the public eye.
    [edit=75=1094949605][/edit]
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Having a child at an age like 18 is usually a negative for most couples cause there not ready financially, emotionally etc. Lebron is a multi millionaire so im sure he wont have too many problems.

Many people in society view having a child young as a positive.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleLip
    Having a child at an age like 18 is usually a negative for most couples cause there not ready financially, emotionally etc. Lebron is a multi millionaire so im sure he wont have too many problems.
    Being a multi-millionaire has nothing to do with be emotionally able to have a kid. Heck even age has nothing to do with it. If this is true, I hope he does right by the kid and is a father.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned

I would imagine that 9 out of 10 kids born out of wedlock are not planned, thus stand a larger chance of not growing up in a 2 parent home. While some think this is not important, it really is.

If this wasn't planned, then it does show signs of someone that is irresponsible.

I am all for not being judgemental but let's not go around saying having a kid that young out of wedlock is an ideal situation. It is what it is.

I am happy for LeBron and hope he is a great father.

I'm still not going to pull for the Cavs or drink Sprite.

the point is who cares, do u any of u know personally whether he is ready or not? no.

Boy . . . training camp needs to open in a hurry.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

PacerStud

Yeah - 5 years from now, some kid will be watching TV (a stolen one) in the 'hood with his coked up Mom saying 'You see #23 there ?? He you Daddy.' The kid will reply 'He's cool. Maybe someday he'll stop by.' Mom will reply 'No - he don't even remember you.'

Typical stuff.

This is the same guy that said that the world would be better off if "all the street people killed each other," what do you expect......

Mood

This is the same guy that said that the world would be better off if "all the street people killed each other," what do you expect......
    That's right, he is. I thought he was gone after that, but maybe we left it as a warning. No need for warnings now. If he comes back anymore, it's against our wishes.

Yes, training camp does need to open soon! (but that won't stop me from commenting on this)

There is a good chance that its not an ideal situation for James and whoever the mother is to be having a child but that doesn't spell disaster and plenty of responsible people have had unexpected pregnancy (only abstinence is 100% reliable), if these two were 30 would they be less irresponsible and even if not, would you still have said "man thats irresponsible" about two 30 year olds?

There are generally two concerns when young people have a child. One is financial which is clearly not a case in this situation unless James refuses to care for the child financially which would seem out of the character he has shown so far. The second is whether the two young people are mature enough to handle having a a child. So far James has been mature enough to handle a rookie season where he was depended on to perform like a veteran all-star, a HUGE media that was and is looking to him to be the next MJ in terms of playing and fame, and an Olympic team where he was used as a utility player (something that is almost always hard for phenoms to swallow). So, as of yet, James hasn't shown he is not mature enough for something like this and as far as these things can measure maturity, he has looked pretty good.

As for "are they ready", ask any parent in America after they have had their child for a while and almost no one will tell you "Yeah, we were ready." Its more a question of "can they do it".

I wouldn't try to say that two unmarried kids having a child is the best situation but there was a time when people feared that not having at least some extened family (grandparents/uncles/aunts) living in the same house was detrimental to children. There was also a time when it was frowned upon for a girl not to have at least on child by the age of 20. You know what is detrimental to children? Not having adults who love them and take responsibility for raising them and keeping them safe. You know what is not detrimental to kids? The number of people who sleep under the same roof as they do. Whether its 1 or 15, children have grown up healthy and happy in all manner of households.