Thread: Sign and Trade Idea

Default Sign and Trade Idea

Courtney Alexander get re-signed by the Hornets and traded to the Indiana Pacers for Jonathan Bender.

Alexander will be healed hopefully later on in the season, playoffs would be enough the Pacers need perimeter strength. Plus next year when Reggie retires(hopefully with a ring) the Pacers will have a strong SG position. And aren't the Hornets needing a SF right now. And hey maybe they think the hype about Bender is true.

Default Re: Sign and Trade Idea

Oh yeah forgot to mention. That Alexanders says he is not hurt and the team is just trying to get rid of him, so if thats true, OH YEAH.

eh...

Alexander is ok, but we really need forwards right now and I think Bender's hype outweights Alexander's worth...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eh...

Alexander is ok, but we really need forwards right now and I think Bender's hype outweights Alexander's worth...
    We need forwards, hmm.

I don't agree with that. We have strong backups for both Forwards, excluding Bender. And this is an oppurtunity to fill the void that will develop at SG beforehand. For frankly somebody who has never impressed me. Plus we are not going to beat Detroit in the front court, we need a strong perimeter.

BTW the only good Bender(look at avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    eh...

We need forwards, hmm.

I don't agree with that. We have strong backups for both Forwards, excluding Bender. And this is an oppurtunity to fill the void that will develop at SG beforehand. For frankly somebody who has never impressed me. Plus we are not going to beat Detroit in the front court, we need a strong perimeter.

BTW the only good Bender(look at avatar)
    Hahah... That is the better Bender right now!

I'm not overly concerned with trading Bender and am not convinced of his potential either, but... I trust that Walsh and the rest of the Pacers know what he is saying when he says that Bender has the most talent on the team.

I am just worried that without Harrington, our primary backup at both forward positions, combined with the frontcourt dominace of the Pistons and the Heat (at least at Center), we will be a little short there.

I suppose we could have Jackson play most of his minutes as a backup SF, but I don't really see the point when he can dominate the 2.
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Oh yeah forgot to mention. That Alexanders says he is not hurt and the team is just trying to get rid of him, so if thats true, OH YEAH.
    no thanks.
    im with this ^^guy^^.... no

We have at least 2 backup shooting guards better than Alexander.

On that deal, we lose both on talent and on balance.

No thank you very much.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way do we do this.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Courtney Alexander get re-signed by the Hornets and traded to the Indiana Pacers for Jonathan Bender.

Alexander will be healed hopefully later on in the season, playoffs would be enough the Pacers need perimeter strength. Plus next year when Reggie retires(hopefully with a ring) the Pacers will have a strong SG position. And aren't the Hornets needing a SF right now. And hey maybe they think the hype about Bender is true.

Oh wait... you were serious?

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Whats with all the hate check out his 2000 season and tell me he doesn't have skills. Checks his %'s.

Whats with all the hate check out his 2000 season and tell me he doesn't have skills. Checks his %'s.

Why the hate on Bender didn't you see his Christmas game?.

But seriously 2000 was 4 years ago. 4 years ago people thought Cro would be a starter in this league.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Larry Bird has a stiffy for Bender so I don't see him being moved any time in the future.

hmmmmm, i'm going to pass on this one haha. i thought you were joking at first.

courtney alexander is attempting to come back from torn ligaments in his knee. look at penny, mcdyess, etc.....he will not be the same player.....even if he was, i still wouldn't trade him for bender. JB has more raw potential than any player in this league. he's a bigger version of t-mac when he was in toronto....if healthy, he will be an all-star in 2-3 yrs. every person in the organization has said that he flat out dominates the first team in practice. he just needs the time and experience in a real game.

there are only a handful of players out there that i would hands down trade bender for.....garnett, duncan, kobe, etc. a scrub SG with a bum knee who just got let go by a NO team that badly needs a SG is not one of them.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101
    there are only a handful of players out there that i would hands down trade bender for.....garnett, duncan, kobe, etc.
    Well...that may be going over the top man...

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101
    there are only a handful of players out there that i would hands down trade bender for.....garnett, duncan, kobe, etc. a scrub SG with a bum knee who just got let go by a NO team that badly needs a SG is not one of them.

And you think this is realistic. Bender has done less in 5 years than Alexander has in 4 years. And Maybe Alexander is right when he says he is 100%.

Even if he is, we don't need a SG anymore.

We will nect year though. And we have Stephen Jackson to be a back-up at SF Bender isn't going to get much PT this next year so I don't see how we lose much.

But as I have said I don't like Bender so maybe I am just being biased.

I don't agree that we'll need one next year. Reggie will retire, but Stephen Jackson will start and Fred Jones will back him up. I'm comfortable with that pair.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I don't agree that we'll need one next year. Reggie will retire, but Stephen Jackson will start and Fred Jones will back him up. I'm comfortable with that pair.
    I'm happy with those two.But who said Reg will retire?Say we don't win it this year I am almost 95% sure Reg would give it one more shot.Or have I missed something saying Reg will retire after this season?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

You'd pay Courtney Alexander 6 million and give him a long term contract? Yuk!