Thread: Al Jefferson?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Al Jefferson?

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...127/daily-dime

Signed for $13 mill for each of the next 3 seasons.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Al Jefferson?

The knock on Jefferson is that he's slow and doesn't protect the basket all that well. Doesn't sound all that dissimilar to who we currently have starting at C.
    Grown Man Ball

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Personally, I don't know what Utah expected. They're 8 games over .500, Okur missed a ton of time so far.

Do they really think they should be competing with the Spurs, Lakers, etc.?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I don't know what Utah expected. They're 8 games over .500, Okur missed a ton of time so far.

Do they really think they should be competing with the Spurs, Lakers, etc.?
    Spurs, Lakers - maybe no. But in the last 6 games they've been worse than the Pacers, and that was hard to do. Look at us, we've dropped last 6 against some very good teams and GS, and most here are going crazy. Utah also lost last 6, but it includes NJ, Washington and Philly.

Is there any surprise there's panic in Utah? Their expections are 'slightly' higher than here. Besides, they've got Deron to please.

As for Al Jefferson, I wouldnt want that. That contract is ugly. Also, as said before, slow and below average on defense - not really enticing. I won't even say he's the worst possible fit with Hibbert - that's true, but I don't think we should build around Hibbert at this point. Either way, I don't want one more similar player on the team, esp overpayed.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Jefferson/Milsap/Okur/Fes/Elson isn't going to get it done. Jefferson is fine, but he needs a big, intimidating player to help him out. Mehmet Okur/Fes/Elson is Troy Murphy. They need a banger inside, not a softie.

That's why I'm saying they really need to push hard for Kendrick Perkins or even DeAndre Jordan. They need a guy to suit Jefferson, just like they needed for Boozer but never got. Hell they should push for Varejao while their window is open.

They also don't get enough from the wing positions. DWill and Sloan do a good job of masking their weaknesses but eventually they're going to have to take a risk and go after a Hamilton or JR Smith because Miles/Bell/Hayward is just downright bad.

Their wings, their bigs, and their defense has taken a hit the past couple of games because outside of Williams, Jefferson, Millsap, and maybe Miles are pretty terrible for a top team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Jefferson/Milsap/Okur/Fes/Elson isn't going to get it done. Jefferson is fine, but he needs a big, intimidating player to help him out. Mehmet Okur/Fes/Elson is Troy Murphy. They need a banger inside, not a softie.

That's why I'm saying they really need to push hard for Kendrick Perkins or even DeAndre Jordan. They need a guy to suit Jefferson, just like they needed for Boozer but never got. Hell they should push for Varejao while their window is open.

They also don't get enough from the wing positions. DWill and Sloan do a good job of masking their weaknesses but eventually they're going to have to take a risk and go after a Hamilton or JR Smith because Miles/Bell/Hayward is just downright bad.

Their wings, their bigs, and their defense has taken a hit the past couple of games because outside of Williams, Jefferson, Millsap, and maybe Miles are pretty terrible for a top team in the league.
    Don't you dare insinuate that Gordon Heyward isn't a God among men in the NBA, or else you might have a certain member of PD knocking down your figurative door trying to prove to you otherwise.
    Grown Man Ball

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Don't you dare insinuate that Gordon Heyward isn't a God among men in the NBA, or else you might have a certain member of PD knocking down your figurative door trying to prove to you otherwise.
    He's got me on ignore.

He's got me on ignore.
    That seriously just made me laugh.
    Grown Man Ball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd kill for Al Jefferson. Not because I think he's great, but because he would maximize what Monroe does well.

I agree with you. The only small point of correction I would make is in your categorization of Fesenko as a softie. The guy is a bruising 300 pound 7 footer who lacks the skill to play anything like softly. He's a wrecking ball. He's just not very good.

Defense, from what I understand, would be problematic with Al, but you'd absolutely have a quality low-post scoring option. We could do a lot worse in the front court.

To those who wouldn't want Jefferson on the team, which rotation sounds better:
    Hibbert, McBob, Tyler or
    Hibbert, Jefferson, Tyler
    Bottom line is the Pacers aren't going to win more games until they get more talent. Jefferson is a huge upgrade over the talent we currently have. Al probably isn't even an option but for some to not want him is just beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'd kill for Al Jefferson. Not because I think he's great, but because he would maximize what Monroe does well.
    Ironic considering I'd kill for Monroe.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CircleCity3318 View Post
    To those who wouldn't want Jefferson on the team, which rotation sounds better:
    Hibbert, McBob, Tyler or
    Hibbert, Jefferson, Tyler
    Bottom line is the Pacers aren't going to win more games until they get more talent. Jefferson is a huge upgrade over the talent we currently have. Al probably isn't even an option but for some to not want him is just beyond me.
    Most people are simply thinking a step further. You'd have to pay dearly to get him, and you wouldn't have space for a free agent. We can do better.