Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JMV Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default JMV Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

From Mike Wells Twitter Page

JMV1070 My prediction: JOB coaches season (he should'nt) Bird won't coach Simon stays out of it Mike Brown next coach LB quits after year about 9 hours ago via web Retweeted by MikeWellsNBA and 2 others
    Wells, like him or not, is more connected than any of us

I could really see it play out like this
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Banned

Default Re: Wells Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

That is JMV's prediction

Default Re: Wells Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

Seems very logical and almost a bit obvious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As was said earlier that is JMV's prediction, but Wells is about to be on 1070 the fan with Joe and MG.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it will be O'Brien is out after the season, but I think Bird will sign a two year deal to get the team "over the hump" before he retires. Like he said, he has a great gig. he gets paid a lot to stick around the game. His wife seems to really enjoy the games as well. I think Simon will ask Bird to stick around for two more years to ensure the direction of the team before he hands it off. I think Bird and Simon have a great relationship and that will be more of the basis for him to return on a fairly short-term basis. I would want to ensure we kept Morway as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As was said earlier that is JMV's prediction, but Wells is about to be on 1070 the fan with Joe and MG.
    Anyone listening, can you give updates/summary?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Anyone listening, can you give updates/summary?
    He didn't say anything that we don't know, that they are trying to trade Ford and that Jeff could be a nice trade piece for a playoff team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I was listening until my boss came over and wanted to talk. What I heard was:

We have a quite a few "must win" games coming up.

Troy doesn't play in NJ b/c Avery loves defense. Also, said a lot of Troy's rebounds weren't "true." However, a double double is a double double. Upset he won't get to see Troy tonight.

and then I was interrupted. Sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    That is JMV's prediction
    LMAO

Funkin Twitter

Im not a member so I always funk that up!!

Thx VnZl

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    From Mike Wells Twitter Page

Wells, like him or not, is more connected than any of us

I could really see it play out like this

I hope that's how it plays out.

Next Front Office guy will probably want to hire his own coach though?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    Next Front Office guy will probably want to hire his own coach though?
    That would be the biggest reason JOB stays on for the rest of the season.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I like the idea Mike Brown will get a shot with the Ps. Players coach that stresses defense and he should be able to find an assistant to do the offensive Xs and Os.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

I'm surprised the thread title hasn't been changed. I'll do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    That would be the biggest reason JOB stays on for the rest of the season.
    I think they are going to also try to let the expiring contracts expire and leave that for the new guy, reason why I don't see much happening in the trade deadline.

Default Re: JMV Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

If they keep Jim till the end of they year, I will survive that.

What I absolutely DON'T want is the same ending scenario as the last couple years.

You know the one we love so much , the one where the team is clearly out of the playoff picture, yet Jim plays the Vets big minutes and we end up on a wining streak that has us finish 9th in the conference.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Default Re: JMV Predicts: Jim finishes season, Bird retires, Mike Brown next coach!

Some of my predictions: Morway gets promoted to Bird's position, Pritchard steps in as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Some of my predictions: Morway gets promoted to Bird's position, Pritchard steps in as GM.
    Nice!

I could definitely see it play out like that

Simon reportedly likes Morway, Bird is probably stepping down, and Pritchard steps in

Personally I think Bird is screwing the situation here. His non-committal to coming back to next season essentially stalls anything we can do.
    Should Bird be making a trade with the expiring contracts if he isn't going to be here next year? Should Bird fire JOB and hire a new coach if he isn't going to be here next year?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Don't particularly know if I like this. I have no knowledge or proof but in my gut I feel like a lot of the recent personnel foofoorahs over people not following company line or not getting along with management were Morway.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I don't know what I want to happen with Bird and Morway. I wanted to wait to judge them both until after the summer of 2011 because I think everything they did was to make sure they had those expirings contracts and now to think they may not see it through it is like they never were able to get to complete their job.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Don't particularly know if I like this. I have no knowledge or proof but in my gut I feel like a lot of the recent personnel foofoorahs over people not following company line or not getting along with management were Morway.
    Good point,

I would love to see Simony have a heart to heart with Mel Daniels

Either Bird or Morway was not liked much, or both

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I can say with a decent amount of certainty that Pritchard will have a role with the organization next year.

What that means for Bird or Morway I do not know.

But knowing quite a but about KP, my guess is that his ego wouldn't do well working for or with Bird/Morway.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

IMHO, if there is a time for regime change ( as in when Bird leaves and is replaced ), I think it should be right after the season ends. Assuming that there will be no major change in the roster ( as in we make a major trade that will adversely affect the 2011-2012 Salary cap ), then I'd prefer to bring in a totally new FO and allow him to rebuild the Team with his own vision with the most resources and assets that he can have......specifically with a huge warchest of Salarycap space and a young core in place for the future and the Coach to implement his vision. To me, Bird either stays for the next 2 or 3 more seasons and rebuild the Team the way that he wants with a Coach that he wants or he should simply leave and let someone else do the same. Bird shouldn't IMHO stay for 1 more season, implement changes that he wants ( ie, sign a whole bunch of Players that fit what he wants to do and hire a new Coach with a long term contract ) then leave a year later and hand it over to a new FO. It's like having a Chef sprepare the Main dish for a huge dinner party, then tells another chef to come in 1/3 of the way through and having the New Chef finish off the rest of the menu.

Bird should either stay for the long-term to complete his vision ( which can't be properly implemented in less then 2-3 seasons ) or he leaves now and allows whoever that replaces him to fully realize whatever vision/goals that the new FO wants to implement with a totally clean slate with the most resources as his disposal. To me, it's one or the other.

Personally, I ( and IMHO, the Players ) am ready for major change ( especially if it's Pritchard ) in Team culture. This would send a major signal from the Owners to the fanbase and the NBA itself that they are ready to "wipe the slate clean" and start all over. However, i have little problem if Bird does stay.....as long as it is for the long term so that we can see what he can do with vast resources at his disposal and ( hopefully ) a new Coach.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I can say with a decent amount of certainty that Pritchard will have a role with the organization next year.

What that means for Bird or Morway I do not know.

But knowing quite a but about KP, my guess is that his ego wouldn't do well working for or with Bird/Morway.
    Strange, the whole Pritchard thing. Is Bird opening up the door to his replacement, maybe Morways.

Didn't Pritchard have the reputation that other GMs got tired of him constantly calling them. I mean I like it, if he's a bulldog, but is he a pain that other teams don't like to deal with? I could be wrong on this and thinking of someone else.

I guess draft time would be pretty fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Is this just a personal feeling or is it source based?