Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Or at least in my mind that is what I want to believe.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...-now-s-defense

    Written by
    Mike Wells

    If there was one thing the Indiana Pacers could rely on early in the season, it was their scrappy defense.

    They took charges, communicated on the court and denied passing lanes. In the process, they became one of the league's leaders in field goal percentage defense.

    Times have changed, though. During their current six-game losing streak, the Pacers have reverted to what they did defensively in previous seasons.

    "We come in with a game plan, but we seem to do everything except execute it these days," veteran Jeff Foster said. "If guys aren't focused in on what we have to do, then the defense will suffer."

    Opponents have shot at least 50 percent from the field against the Pacers in four of the past five games. It took the first 24 games for four foes to shoot at least 50 percent from the field. The Pacers have dropped to seventh in the league in field goal defense (44.2 percent).

    Things began to change on defense when players started worrying about the underachieving offense. In previous seasons, offense had been a strength.

    With New Jersey in town tonight, the Pacers find themselves struggling on both ends.

    "It's like we're overly concerned with our offense because it's been a struggling point for us, that we're slipping on defense," swingman Mike Dunleavy said. "We need to get back to defending the way we're capable of.

    "We just need to worry about the offense secondarily, because I think we've tried so hard to solve that, we've neglected the defense and now we're not doing either one well."

    Center Roy Hibbert has not been a factor defensively. He is averaging 1.1 blocked shots a game this month after averaging 2.1 during the first two months of the season.

    "Roy hasn't been playing a lot lately," forward Danny Granger said. "Roy used to give us a back line of defense when teams would drive on us. We've also had so many different lineup changes, too. That plays a part in messing up our schemes."
    Jim O'Brien, an offensive-minded coach, has replaced Josh McRoberts in the starting lineup with Tyler Hansbrough. McRoberts is more of a blue-collar worker, while Hansbrough is the team's best scoring threat in the frontcourt.

    O'Brien also recently took T.J. Ford -- the Pacers' best defensive point guard, according to O'Brien -- out of the rotation. A.J. Price has moved into his spot.

    "Anytime you go from a guy that has been in the league for a little bit to a (second-year player), rotations and the understanding of the defense is not there," O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."

    Etc.
    Swingman Brandon Rush will be out about two weeks with a sprained right ankle. Rush, who is wearing a walking boot, injured his ankle in the third quarter against Orlando on Wednesday. Price will get some of Rush's minutes at shooting guard. . . . Ford will be at Dick's Sporting Goods at Castleton Mall to take part in a coat drive from 4:30-6 p.m. Sunday. Fans donating gently used or new coats will receive two tickets to either the Feb. 9 game against Charlotte or the Feb. 11 game against Minnesota.


    ************************************************** ********************

    Also I think Mike is pointing out that Josh being out of the lineup may be hurting the defense as well.

    Again that is not a bash at Tyler at all, he has done fine in his position. It is however a slap at JOB for once again deciding that Josh should go from starter to inactive and come hell or high water James Posey will be active and most likely play or we must by law have 4 wing players in the game.

    It's so dang simple to me that I just don't get it other than Jim's absolute love of the stretch four (which doesn't work) and his fascination with wing players.

    Roy & Tyler start, first one goes to the bench (doesn't matter who) in come Josh, then Jeff can replace the other and then they replace each other. But nooooooooooooooooooo.....

    Oh well why waste my time thinking or complaining about this.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    This is one of those statements that people can really read a lot into, and most of it is bad. Irrespective of whether it is a shot at Jim, it also puts the spotlight on the guys who have worked their way on to the court. I don't care for that, but I don't think that is what he's going for.

    At any rate, none of it explains his unimpressive individual defensive efforts lately.

  4. #3
    Member Cancel_2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Anytime you go from a guy that has been in the league for a little bit to a (second-year player), rotations and the understanding of the defense is not there," O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."
    I'm not sure about Granger's quote. This is the line that surprised me.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel_2002 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,806

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or at least in my mind that is what I want to believe.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...-now-s-defense

    Written by
    Mike Wells

    If there was one thing the Indiana Pacers could rely on early in the season, it was their scrappy defense.

    They took charges, communicated on the court and denied passing lanes. In the process, they became one of the league's leaders in field goal percentage defense.

    Times have changed, though. During their current six-game losing streak, the Pacers have reverted to what they did defensively in previous seasons.

    "We come in with a game plan, but we seem to do everything except execute it these days," veteran Jeff Foster said. "If guys aren't focused in on what we have to do, then the defense will suffer."

    Opponents have shot at least 50 percent from the field against the Pacers in four of the past five games. It took the first 24 games for four foes to shoot at least 50 percent from the field. The Pacers have dropped to seventh in the league in field goal defense (44.2 percent).

    Things began to change on defense when players started worrying about the underachieving offense. In previous seasons, offense had been a strength.

    With New Jersey in town tonight, the Pacers find themselves struggling on both ends.

    "It's like we're overly concerned with our offense because it's been a struggling point for us, that we're slipping on defense," swingman Mike Dunleavy said. "We need to get back to defending the way we're capable of.

    "We just need to worry about the offense secondarily, because I think we've tried so hard to solve that, we've neglected the defense and now we're not doing either one well."

    Center Roy Hibbert has not been a factor defensively. He is averaging 1.1 blocked shots a game this month after averaging 2.1 during the first two months of the season.

    "Roy hasn't been playing a lot lately," forward Danny Granger said. "Roy used to give us a back line of defense when teams would drive on us. We've also had so many different lineup changes, too. That plays a part in messing up our schemes."
    Jim O'Brien, an offensive-minded coach, has replaced Josh McRoberts in the starting lineup with Tyler Hansbrough. McRoberts is more of a blue-collar worker, while Hansbrough is the team's best scoring threat in the frontcourt.

    O'Brien also recently took T.J. Ford -- the Pacers' best defensive point guard, according to O'Brien -- out of the rotation. A.J. Price has moved into his spot.

    "Anytime you go from a guy that has been in the league for a little bit to a (second-year player), rotations and the understanding of the defense is not there," O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."

    Etc.
    Swingman Brandon Rush will be out about two weeks with a sprained right ankle. Rush, who is wearing a walking boot, injured his ankle in the third quarter against Orlando on Wednesday. Price will get some of Rush's minutes at shooting guard. . . . Ford will be at Dick's Sporting Goods at Castleton Mall to take part in a coat drive from 4:30-6 p.m. Sunday. Fans donating gently used or new coats will receive two tickets to either the Feb. 9 game against Charlotte or the Feb. 11 game against Minnesota.


    ************************************************** ********************

    Also I think Mike is pointing out that Josh being out of the lineup may be hurting the defense as well.

    Again that is not a bash at Tyler at all, he has done fine in his position. It is however a slap at JOB for once again deciding that Josh should go from starter to inactive and come hell or high water James Posey will be active and most likely play or we must by law have 4 wing players in the game.

    It's so dang simple to me that I just don't get it other than Jim's absolute love of the stretch four (which doesn't work) and his fascination with wing players.

    Roy & Tyler start, first one goes to the bench (doesn't matter who) in come Josh, then Jeff can replace the other and then they replace each other. But nooooooooooooooooooo.....

    Oh well why waste my time thinking or complaining about this.

    While you may not agree with it, I am sure you at least understand where a person could decide playing Josh and Foster together isn't going to help our offense. We have seen very little of this combination, however its rather obvious that neither of them are much of a scoring option.

    Also, aside from Josh, the recent lineup makeover Danny was complaining about has been mostly changes people have been asking for(play the young guys). Danny has also recently said that its frustrating playing with inexperienced players.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."

    So you knew this s*** all this time and you keep playing old a$$ players?

  9. #6
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    I give Danny and the others a ton of credit for not letting their frustrations with the coaching boil over much publically. If I had had to endure 3 and a half years of his idiocy daily, I would have probably gone Latrell Spreewell on him by now.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    You know there's gotta be something that definitely goes wrong when Dun-Dun expresses his concerns with our defense

  12. #8
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    889

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Tell me again : why Josh went from starter to inactive overnight?

  13. #9
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me again : why Josh went from starter to inactive overnight?
    Because we won a lot of games in November.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. #10
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Peck, actually to your way of thinking he isn't taking a swipe at O'Brien but at the person who told O'Brien that he had to start playing George, Tyler and AJ.

  15. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me again : why Josh went from starter to inactive overnight?
    You didn't hear, Jim is being told what to do, so once we find out who is telling Jim what to do we can start blaming that person for benching Josh

  16. #12
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,174
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    UncleBuck to the rescue........ Buck really all joking aside do u HAVE to defend this coach ALL the time?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  17. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UncleBuck to the rescue........ Buck really all joking aside do u HAVE to defend this coach ALL the time?
    Did you not see my thread from yesterday asking if a realistic scernerio could be worked out to bring in a new coach? How is that defending the current coach. Name anyone else who has been more steadfast in saying that there is a zero % chance that JOB will be back next season - how is that defending the current coach.

    I will continue to do what I have always done, defend the defendable and defend against statements I think are wrong. Like when someone suggests that poor coaching is the only reason why we lose so many close games.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-28-2011 at 09:02 AM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't hear, Jim is being told what to do, so once we find out who is telling Jim what to do we can start blaming that person for benching Josh
    So somebody is telling Jim to play Posey at power forward and making him guard players like Amare and Griffing?................ F it let's fire everybody then.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.

  20. #15
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had had to endure 3 and a half years of his idiocy daily, I would have probably gone Latrell Spreewell on him by now.
    2.5 months to go.

  21. #16
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or at least in my mind that is what I want to believe.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...-now-s-defense

    Written by
    Mike Wells

    If there was one thing the Indiana Pacers could rely on early in the season, it was their scrappy defense.

    They took charges, communicated on the court and denied passing lanes. In the process, they became one of the league's leaders in field goal percentage defense.

    Times have changed, though. During their current six-game losing streak, the Pacers have reverted to what they did defensively in previous seasons.

    "We come in with a game plan, but we seem to do everything except execute it these days," veteran Jeff Foster said. "If guys aren't focused in on what we have to do, then the defense will suffer."

    Opponents have shot at least 50 percent from the field against the Pacers in four of the past five games. It took the first 24 games for four foes to shoot at least 50 percent from the field. The Pacers have dropped to seventh in the league in field goal defense (44.2 percent).

    Things began to change on defense when players started worrying about the underachieving offense. In previous seasons, offense had been a strength.

    With New Jersey in town tonight, the Pacers find themselves struggling on both ends.

    "It's like we're overly concerned with our offense because it's been a struggling point for us, that we're slipping on defense," swingman Mike Dunleavy said. "We need to get back to defending the way we're capable of.

    "We just need to worry about the offense secondarily, because I think we've tried so hard to solve that, we've neglected the defense and now we're not doing either one well."

    Center Roy Hibbert has not been a factor defensively. He is averaging 1.1 blocked shots a game this month after averaging 2.1 during the first two months of the season.

    "Roy hasn't been playing a lot lately," forward Danny Granger said. "Roy used to give us a back line of defense when teams would drive on us. We've also had so many different lineup changes, too. That plays a part in messing up our schemes."
    Jim O'Brien, an offensive-minded coach, has replaced Josh McRoberts in the starting lineup with Tyler Hansbrough. McRoberts is more of a blue-collar worker, while Hansbrough is the team's best scoring threat in the frontcourt.

    O'Brien also recently took T.J. Ford -- the Pacers' best defensive point guard, according to O'Brien -- out of the rotation. A.J. Price has moved into his spot.

    "Anytime you go from a guy that has been in the league for a little bit to a (second-year player), rotations and the understanding of the defense is not there," O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."

    Etc.
    Swingman Brandon Rush will be out about two weeks with a sprained right ankle. Rush, who is wearing a walking boot, injured his ankle in the third quarter against Orlando on Wednesday. Price will get some of Rush's minutes at shooting guard. . . . Ford will be at Dick's Sporting Goods at Castleton Mall to take part in a coat drive from 4:30-6 p.m. Sunday. Fans donating gently used or new coats will receive two tickets to either the Feb. 9 game against Charlotte or the Feb. 11 game against Minnesota.


    ************************************************** ********************

    Also I think Mike is pointing out that Josh being out of the lineup may be hurting the defense as well.

    Again that is not a bash at Tyler at all, he has done fine in his position. It is however a slap at JOB for once again deciding that Josh should go from starter to inactive and come hell or high water James Posey will be active and most likely play or we must by law have 4 wing players in the game.

    It's so dang simple to me that I just don't get it other than Jim's absolute love of the stretch four (which doesn't work) and his fascination with wing players.

    Roy & Tyler start, first one goes to the bench (doesn't matter who) in come Josh, then Jeff can replace the other and then they replace each other. But nooooooooooooooooooo.....

    Oh well why waste my time thinking or complaining about this.

    LOL

    I read that article just no, and that was the first thing I saw. I was like whoa.

    Dont hold back DG
    Sittin on top of the world!

  22. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So somebody is telling Jim to play Posey at power forward and making him guard players like Amare and Griffing?................ F it let's fire everybody then.
    calm down, it is not my theory that he is being told - take it up with those who think he is being told.

    My point obviously is you can't have it both ways. If Jim is being told who to play then you cannot criticize Jim for who he plays.

  23. #18
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you not see my thread from yesterday asking if a realistic scernerio could be worked out to bring in a new coach? How is that defending the current coach. Name anyone else who has been more steadfast in saying that there is a zero % chance that JOB will be back next season - how is that defending the current coach.

    I will continue to do what I have always done, defend the defendable and defend against statements I think are wrong. Like when someone suggests that poor coaching is the only reason why we lose so many close games.
    UB, I agree with you quite often. I think the problem is that people see your defense in the coach as being pro-O'Brien. I began to understand a while back that you have this mean reversion thing going on where you lean toward rationality and often times add a touch of devil's advocate, because of the "herd" mentality that this board has. I felt like I was watching PD live this morning on the television when I was actually watching the protests in Egypt. I appreciate your opinions. Keep it up.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    calm down, it is not my theory that he is being told - take it up with those who think he is being told.

    My point obviously is you can't have it both ways. If Jim is being told who to play then you cannot criticize Jim for who he plays.
    I was been sarcastic(like always) I think he is been told to give more playing time to the young guys but he is still giving the majority of the minutes to his guys and they are also finishing games. I think he plays the young guys to calm whoever is telling him to do this down and then he does whatever he wants in the second half.

  26. #20
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    calm down, it is not my theory that he is being told - take it up with those who think he is being told.

    My point obviously is you can't have it both ways. If Jim is being told who to play then you cannot criticize Jim for who he plays.
    Don't get into a sarcasm battle with vznla81. You won't win. I think it is the same thing. Bird is hands off for the most part, but he sits down with Jim and discusses some of the issues amongst the team. It is the same thing I do with my managers. Their discussions lead to suggestions or ideas, but I don't think Bird would give Jim an ultimatum over how to do his job. I am sure Jim sees what he sees and understands the team's downfalls. He just makes adjustments that many times the people on here won't agree with. We all want the young guys to play, but the turnovers, the volatile play, the defensive lapses, and inconsistency in rapport will all happen with those young guys. You also get unbelievably talented plays, extra athleticism, durability, and sparks of great play that have more potential than the older guys. We need more talent in the old guys and more consistency in the young guys. And that's a formula for failure. Bird's plan should have been about five years, but that is a tougher sell than three. We all want Jim to make decisions on the long-term, but he and the Pacers organization want wins now to make a playoff push and sell tickets. It is not nearly as easy as we want to think it is. I think the only way Bird is willing to control Jim's lineups would be to shape the roster different. And in doing so, it makes this team a new product. Bird still has to show patience in making deals. We are in a great position to to improve this team. To take the first deal right now would be a mistake just to change the coach's rotations.

  27. #21
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Son of a frakin bytch!

    "Price will see time at the shooting guard"

    Get ready for a DC/AJ back court

    and no Lance
    Sittin on top of the world!

  28. #22
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Son of a frakin bytch!

    "Price will see time at the shooting guard"

    Get ready for a DC/AJ back court

    and no Lance
    And unfortunately, it sounds like it means that Dunleavy will get more minutes now with Brandon out. I think I would like to see AJ play more than Dunleavy, but I would ensure George at 30+ minutes every night. Period. Then fill in with AJ and Dun.

  29. #23
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    I'm glad Danny spoke up on behalf of his teammates. Too many different line ups, not enough experience together = terrible defense. Now Jim is talking about playing AJ at the 2 spot more....how do you think that will help the defense? We gonna have a short fry backcourt. Why does JOB think this will work?

    I struggle to even understand why he made a change at the end of November. I mean we lost a few games, but shouldn't you try to fix it before change the line up all willy nilly?

  30. #24
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Brien said. "The only way they're going to learn is by getting a lot of game experience."

    So you knew this s*** all this time and you keep playing old a$$ players?
    I hope anyone who previously argued that a young guy sitting, watching, and practicing was as good as a young guy playing in games is reading this.

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  32. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: In today's article Danny takes a backhanded swipe at JOB

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope anyone who previously argued that a young guy sitting, watching, and practicing was as good as a young guy playing in games is reading this.
    You should make a thread with this comments so all those guys get to see this.

Similar Threads

  1. Really long ESPN Article on Danny
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
  2. Danny Article in Washington Post
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 08:36 AM
  3. NBA.com Article on All-Star Danny
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
  4. Simmons annual post draft article - always a classic
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
  5. Who has espn insider? Pacer article in today's blurb
    By Dukins in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •