Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: can someone tell me

  1. #1
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default can someone tell me

    what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.
    The one where we had a reborn Brandon?

    Why was it changed in the first place ??

    I really can't remember what happened to change it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  2. #2
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Mostly Roy's scoring. Don't know whats wrong with Brandon but its disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.
    The one where we had a reborn Brandon?

    Why was it changed in the first place ??

    I really can't remember what happened to change it.

  3. #3
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,193
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    I'm blaming this on the coach also. For not sticking with those guys. Just like last season. Stop tinkering and give the players time to gel and be a cohesive group.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    We stopped playing defense, Danny quit on his 1st team all-defense attempt, Brandon started playing bad, Roy started playing terri-bad, Josh got pulled for no reason at all, we have quit running in transition, the players have quit on the coach and tuned him out, and most importantly teams are out coaching us while Jim is making horrid mistakes during games..

    ..Like last night we played a zone to pack the paint against Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, and Gilbert Arenas and they hit somewhere in the area code of 50% on threes... While Dwight Howard still had 19 points on 50% shooting.

    The game before that, we left Melo WIDE open and he hit six threes on us. Then, during the Golden State game, we left Rush on Monta Ellis and he had no business guarding him because he was too quick.. George should have guarded him. During the Clippers game when Blake dropped 47 on us, we didn't double him a single time the whole game.

    The coaching gameplan has become THAT bad.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 01-27-2011 at 06:09 AM.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,106

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mostly Roy's scoring. Don't know whats wrong with Brandon but its disappointing.
    Roy's scoring evaporated at the same time we made the lineup change.

    Now if the lineup change was the cause or the effect has been debated, but there is no question that it certainly was coincidental.

    Why we haven't gone back to what worked, in an effort to get Roy back on track, is beyond me.

  8. #6
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,102

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what happened to the line-up we started the season with and won all thos games with ?
    The one where guys were happy to play together, where Josh and Roy were patrolling the paint like it was their own frontyard?
    The one where we won games and where players comforted each other if they made a mistake.
    The one where we had a reborn Brandon?

    Why was it changed in the first place ??

    I really can't remember what happened to change it.
    No particular point was the change made. It was "the frog in the kettle" effect.

    The team is the frog. The zillions of wacky substitutions is the kettle.

    The cook is a book smart chef with a good pedigree who cooks exotic items that look like squiggly eyeballed creatures and taste like three day old socks. He serves it, charges a lot for it, and says: "You'll like it! If you don't it's because you're too dumb to understand."
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,451

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The change that stands out to me is McRoberts.
    I agree, McRoberts started to jack up 3s at a more consistent level which took him away from rebounding and playing to his athleticism.

    I think when your PF is a threat to drop an alley oop at anytime during the game it makes it hard for the defense to leave him to double Roy. JOB did it for them though by bringing McRoberts away from the basket.

    There is also something to be said for the mentality of where you are at on the floor. When McRoberts was banging down low and rebounding he also played pretty good defense, blocking shots, boxing out, getting rebounds. Once JOB moved him away from the basket he got soft and careless on D. started fouling too much.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  14. #9

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.

  15. #10
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,102

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    other teams adjusted to stop what the pacers were doing. other teams figured out how to attack the pacer defense. and the team has not been able to find something else that works.
    This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

    Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a somewhat prevalent opinion among the JOB apologists. But I'm not so into it.

    Taking a golf analogy, it's like a player who's won 15 tournaments switching putters after two bad tournaments. Bad idea. Stick with what brought you success and work through difficulties.
    sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.

  18. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,148

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sorry i disagree. i think this is poor analogy. because the golf putter and course do not make active changes to defend the golfer. the NBA coaches and scouts do. teams have adjusted to roy. brad miller was the first to discover that you can shove roy out of position. as soon as that tape hit the rest of the league, roy stopped being effective. he needs to figure out what to do next. or become a backup big. and the pacers need to sign marc gasol. or al jefferson. or someone that can play the 5.
    Yes teams adjusted, but they didn't completely revamp their rotation or style. Adjusting is usually something small, minor, and barely noticeable to the untrained eye. Making sweeping changes to your whole strategy is not simply just adjusting, they might as well had a coaching change.

  19. #13
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    So will Hibbert ever get it back?

  20. #14
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm blaming this on the coach also. For not sticking with those guys. Just like last season. Stop tinkering and give the players time to gel and be a cohesive group.
    Collison, Granger, and Hibbert have been the starters all year. Rush and Dunleavy shared the sg position the entire first half of the season(and alot of people don't like either of them). What I am asking is if there something other than Josh that you are referring to?

  21. #15
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So will Hibbert ever get it back?
    I hope so.

  22. #16
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope so.
    Me too

  23. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    The defense didn't start going downhill until the most recent road trip or maybe a few games before that. It was still good through December. Just speaking of the defense, what has happended is what I feared. As the team started losing more often the defense would fall apart and it has.

    Maybe I misunderstood able's question, but isn't he asking why we started 9-7 and then fell off a cliff?

  24. #18

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    Sure has all the symptoms of a team quitting on their coach.

  25. #19
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: can someone tell me

    We started off giving Tyler and Paul consistent minutes with Josh still in the rotation and starting.

    Everyone and mostly the younger guys were playing well with each other and then every began to slip and no one was passing the ball or moving without it as much and then Tyler and Paul were benched and the team started slacking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •