Thread: Is it too early for Mock Drafts? SI doesn't think so.

Default Is it too early for Mock Drafts? SI doesn't think so.

Well unfortunately a lot of our concerns last year are the same this year. We need upgrades at RT,LT,RG,LG, a replacement for Addai if he isn't retained and more depth at cornerback.

Last year I was hoping that the Colts would draft a decent offensive tackle late in the first round (Roger Saffold). Unfortunately we took a DE who bearly saw any action as a rookie.

Even though Jerry Hughes could be a very solid pick I would be very disappointed if Polain doesn't address the line with our first or second round picks. Last year we passed on Roger Saffold because in he didn't warrant our pick, one of Polains favorite words. Unfortunately for us he did and proved that the colts are not very good ar evaluating offensive linemen on a consistent basis.

Sportillustrated today has us taking Wisconsin's OT Gabe Carimi. A four year starter who has anchored the Badgers line for 49 games taking over the position when first round, 3rd selection overall, Joe Thomas left in 2007. He is a 6'7 327 lb LT man child who won the Outland Trophy (an award that goes to the best lineman in the country) this year.

Polain for the love of everything that is good and right please draft a OT this year. If your not going to draft one then please trade for one that is proven in the NFL. Enough is enough.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is it too early for Mock Drafts? SI doesn't think so.

That has the wrong pick for the Colts. We will probably go WR in the first round.

Like the guy said everyone and their mother thinks the Colts will go OL with their first pick. So that means Polian will go in the opposite direction.

Mood

f we wanted OL in the draft, Polian missed his golden opportunity to draft Roger Saffold last year. He will be the St. Louis version of Tarik Glenn for the next 10 years.

woman without a team

Considering there's going to be a long lock out hell yes it's too early for this.

I have a really hard time saying what should be done in the draft. It's very hard to predict.

All I know is I want to see the Colts take an offensive lineman or defensive player (not DE end). I really don't care what they decide to go with out of that group as long as the player can come in and play right away.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering there's going to be a long lock out hell yes it's too early for this.
    Lockout or not, there is still going to be a draft...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Someone's gotta ban Polian from drafting skill players. Otherwise he's going to use our first round pick this year to draft Dallas Clark's eventual replacement. . . .
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Chances are Polian will draft us another crappy RB, ANOTHER back up DE, or a WR.

On the off chance he actually drafts an OL, chances are they'll bust just like Ugoh and Pollak.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Chances are Polian will draft us another crappy RB, ANOTHER back up DE, or a WR.

On the off chance he actually drafts an OL, chances are they'll bust just like Ugoh and Pollak.
    Aren't we a little down on the GM?

Personally I think Polain won't draft a RB in the first round simply because we can normally find a solid back in the later rounds. Also RB's seem to be rated a little low this year.

I really hope he doesn't draft a defensive player in rounds 1-2. I am not saying we don't need help on the defense but it seems like Polain's has a knack for drafting CB's and safties in the later rounds.

Give me 2 OT's in the first 2 rounds. Maybe a good versatile run blocker in the second round (DeMarcus Love, Arkansas OT) to take over Diems spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Someone's gotta ban Polian from drafting skill players. Otherwise he's going to use our first round pick this year to draft Dallas Clark's eventual replacement. . . .
    That was the 2008 draft when they took Tom Santi and Jacob Tamme. I seriously hope they don't take a TE with our first pick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Here is the latest SI Mock draft. We are now selecting Nate Solder ahead of Gabe Carimi. I would be happy if both are still on the board but I think one will be gone before we draft.

Nate posted the fastest 40ty time among OT's but he doesn't bench as much as other OT's like Gabe. One fun fact of Nate is that he has only given up 5 sacks in 3 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

I just think this has to be the year to take an OT in the first round.

There's easily 5 first round OT talents this year.

I don't claim to know more than Polian. However, with that many OT's available that are all first round talents, one of them (if not more than one) will be there when we pick #22. He has to have lost his mind if he doesn't take one of them.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!