Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potential Trades before the Deadline

Default Potential Trades before the Deadline

Anyone have insider for ESPN? On the NBA page right now there's the headline of "Rumor Has It" with a picture of Granger, Nash, and ZBO. Anyone have insider?

I realize it is just rumors, but there still could be merit. Yesterday Chad Ford had a chat on ESPN where he stated that we were open to trading Granger and rumor has it that if we got 2 starters back then we would pull the trigger.

Seems to be some speculation going around.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Potential Trades before the Deadline

What is Indiana looking for? Ideally it'd get a power forward and a 2-guard who can create his own shot off the dribble. It would take a pretty big package for Indiana to let go of Granger, but it sounds like, for the first time, he's no longer untouchable. ESPN.com

Randolph is playing very well in defense right now for the Knicks, and Mozgov to

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Indiana looking for? Ideally it'd get a power forward and a 2-guard who can create his own shot off the dribble. It would take a pretty big package for Indiana to let go of Granger, but it sounds like, for the first time, he's no longer untouchable. ESPN.com
    Larry found him at #10

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    Larry found him at #10
    ya that was just an article on espn insider i posted here.

I hope Paul plays 35mins 2mrw and run more plays for him

ya that was just an article on espn insider i posted here.

I hope Paul plays 35mins 2mrw and run more plays for him
    Gotcha.... I can't wait for tomorrow. I hope Area55 and Conseco in general show up like their supposed too. Everybody wanted this, everybody got it... it's Playoff Time

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers want a wing that can defend and create his own shot (other than Paul George)

I think they would like to add a big who can score the basketball down low aside from Hibbert. I think Hansbrough well get some looks in the post, but they would like a veteran who could do so as well.

It will depend on who's available, unfortunately none of us really know, but as Bird said, the phones are starting to heat up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

who is most likely to be traded. i think Rush is available and i would be okay with him being moved. lost faith in Rush, but now with a new coach may be willing to give him one more chance to prove he was worth a first round pick. sucks he is injured right now.

sounds like Bird is wanting to deal the expirings, and the most valuable expiring has to be Dunleavy. not really sure what Dun gets in return, okay with dealing out pick if its top 3 protected.

here is where many of you will probably disagree, but i want to see us keep foster, but i bet his value is very high right now for teams competing for the playoffs and need a big.

ford would not surprise any of us.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling that we are going to be trading away a lottery pic in this years draft if we make any trades.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I have a feeling that we are going to be trading away a lottery pic in this years draft if we make any trades.
    unless its top 5, sounds like the draft is below average. where is jared sullinger projected ?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    who is most likely to be traded. i think Rush is available and i would be okay with him being moved. lost faith in Rush, but now with a new coach may be willing to give him one more chance to prove he was worth a first round pick. sucks he is injured right now.

sounds like Bird is wanting to deal the expirings, and the most valuable expiring has to be Dunleavy. not really sure what Dun gets in return, okay with dealing out pick if its top 3 protected.

here is where many of you will probably disagree, but i want to see us keep foster, but i bet his value is very high right now for teams competing for the playoffs and need a big.

ford would not surprise any of us.
    Foster to me could be our most valeable expiring. He could possibly start in Miami guys like him are very valueable to good teams

I saw Anthony Randolph was getting minutes tonight for the Knicks.

He only played 8 minutes, but got 5 rebounds and blocked a shot.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

I can't find any "fits" out there, except for smaller pieces (Randolph).

If Houston want to "dump players" (Martin &/or Scola - both "needs" for us), then I'm not sure what is available, but that would leave them with almost nothing!

Don't see much else. Anyone?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Foster to me could be our most valeable expiring. He could possibly start in Miami guys like him are very valueable to good teams
    i think its one of those things where we are not going to get equal value in return for foster, it would have to be a package type trade. nvrtheless, i do not want to see foster traded.

the guy has 2-3 seasons left, and is valuable. what playoff team is going to give up anything of value to acquire him, we dont want their 1st, and which of them has young talent..

dunleavy is expendable, and i am a fun of dunleavy as a SF at a reasonable salary.

at this point we should keep rush, his value is low, if he gets his value up, then consider. minutes go to george.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post

If Houston want to "dump players" (Martin &/or Scola - both "needs" for us), then I'm not sure what is available, but that would leave them with almost nothing!

not much, to be honest not interested in the Iggy deal anymore. his contract seems to be too much, i guess if philly would take only expirings and a first then maybe..

all im sayin is, the cap space is worth keeping, or so it would seem, in order to make sure we get the right fit.

weve waited 4 years for cap space.. why be impatient now. however, Bird sounds like he will make a move if its right.. but not much is really available that i know of either.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    i think its one of those things where we are not going to get equal value in return for foster, it would have to be a package type trade. nvrtheless, i do not want to see foster traded.

the guy has 2-3 seasons left, and is valuable. what playoff team is going to give up anything of value to acquire him, we dont want their 1st, and which of them has young talent..

dunleavy is expendable, and i am a fun of dunleavy as a SF at a reasonable salary.

at this point we should keep rush, his value is low, if he gets his value up, then consider. minutes go to george.
    I would take a 1st for Foster in a heartbeat.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

it would have to be a lottery pick, otherwise would not deal foster. and a team competing is selecting in the 20's. foster is valuable as a mentor to the younger players.

no doubt foster is a fan favorite, and fiesty has his own bobblehead, and if your privy to the bobblehead theory, than you are aware foster is not avaialble.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd have no idea how we'd put together a package for them, but Scola and Martin and guys I'd love to have here.

Might cost a few bananas tho, maybe just try for Luis.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gremz For This Useful Post:

Then resign him at a bargain for next season. Really won't happen, but a 1st for losing Jeff for 2.5 months, is a pretty good deal, no matter how you stack it.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think we need to be patient with this situation. There is plenty of time for negotiating possible trades. Maybe a good way to get a closer look at potential players to trade for is at the all star weekend. If we can pull off some wins before the break maybe tptb would have some more motivation to pull a trade, as long as it is a good trade on our side with no albatros contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post

I honestly don't think it takes much more than a good coach who knows what he's doing and not trying to fit square pegs in round holes, like JOB. That being the scenario, in my mind, it may be a "smaller pieces" fit that goes a long way.

I think there are some potentially explosive players sitting on other team's benches who could have an impact for us at low cost. A few of my pet favs I've been keeping an eye on:

Dominique Jones: This guy has all around game, although he needs to work on his three point shot. He's an aggressive slasher on O and actually puts in work on D. It's a shame he's buried behind a gluts on the Mav's bench, cause I think the kid will explode when he gets some regular PT.

Trevor Booker: I think his skill set could really compliment Hibbert's game. I should say, the way Hibbert's game SHOULD be, with proper coaching.

Glen Davis: His name has been rumored for trades and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Okay, I have some more, but I gotta run for now.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I know we need a PF, but I would like to see how Hansbrough and McRoberts hold down that position. You obviously don't pass on a deal for a good player, that will help you out, but I would like to see how they fare leading up to the deadline.

I still think a dominant wing is at the top of my list even with Paul George and Granger. Even though George is coming into his own, I would like to get another good wing and athletic wing to add to them.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Heres my stance on SG/SF issue; We need George and Granger to play 30-36 minutes a game (George off the bench though). We should get a starting SG and start him and primarily go with a three wing tandem. Here's an example:

X (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)
    Granger (30-36 minutes)/George (12-18 minutes)

Give or take a couple of minutes from whatever player due to matchups/shooting streaks and that sounds good to me. Unfortunately, on most nights, that leaves no room for Rush/Jones/Stephenson/Mike though depending on who's still here or not.

Onto the PF/C spot; I'm fine riding the season out with our four bigs, but eventually down the road we are going to need to upgrade the PF position and get an All-Star caliber type guy down there to help Hibbert out. Hans/Josh is a very good stop-gap solution (Even though I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a Big Baby Davis or Carl Landry to take care of that with more effectiveness) to get the job done until we get the power forward of our dreams though.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 02-01-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

I still think a dominant wing is at the top of my list even with Paul George and Granger.

The dominant part left Rush out rather quickly.

I feel the PF is still the primary position of need. The Pacers need a good quality starting PF. One that could give Hibbert b/u minutes would be just what the doctor ordered.