Thread: Will Ferrell to help in Steve Carell's exit from The Office

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Will Ferrell to help in Steve Carell's exit from The Office

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/will...om-the-office/

EXCLUSIVE: Will Ferrell has committed to a four-episode arc on NBC's comedy The Office. He will play a branch manager who comes from the home office and is just as inappropriate as Steve Carell's Michael Scott character. NBC is still figuring out exactly when the episodes will air, but Ferrell has committed to one episode beyond Carell’s finale, to help create a bridge.

Ferrell called the producers, offering his services because he's a fan and wanted to commemorate Carell’s swan song by taking part in The Office star's seventh and final season on the show. Ferrell and Carell are close friends who co-starred in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. The stint brings Ferrell back to NBC, where he launched his career on Saturday Night Live. Additionally, he has done arcs on such series as NBC's 30 Rock and HBO's Eastbound & Down, which he also produces.

“We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star,” said The Office exec producer Paul Lieberstein (who doubles as the annoying Dunder Mifflin HR executive Toby Flenderson, Michael Scott’s arch-nemesis. “We are proud to continue The Office’s tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they’ll see what we see, tremendous raw sexuality.”
    While it is very sad the Michael Scott will be leaving Scranton, I am extremely excited to see what the do with Will Ferrell on the show.

Mood

Default Re: Will Ferrell to help in Steve Carell's exit from The Office

I'd rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails than watch that show, I don't care who's on it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Ok...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I read about this on my phone last night while I was at the Pacers game. Sadly, that was the most excitement I felt the entire game. Can't wait to see what they do to send Michael off and how they incorporate Will Ferrell into that.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

You know he'll have to end up with Holly. I love the show, but I must admit that it's not been the same since Jim and Pam got married.

Parks and Rec, on the other hand, has been hilarious. Would not be surprised if it becomes the big ticket show on Thursday nights once the Office eventually fades away.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok...
    Yeah, I know I'm in the minority. I don't care. Just not my brand of humor. Don't like Parks and Rec either, or any of the other shows that try to pull off the same camera style, mock doc vibe.

I love Parks & Rec now. I didn't really care for the first season too much (though I admittedly didn't catch every episode), but since the start of the 2nd season that show has really grown on me.
    Grown Man Ball

I think this season of The Office has been nothing short of hilarious. The Christmas special, which Rainn Wilson directed, was great. He finally got his revenge on Jim. Plus the one last week was so funny. It seemed like they didn't give a **** and are just going back to what they used to do. They did focus around Jim and Pam a bit too much in past seasons, but thats something they kind of had to do and they have gotten away from it now I think.

I am still waiting for a Creed-centric episode, but might have to be satisfied that his screen time has increased a bit the last two weeks.

Check his entry on wikipedia if you want to learn something about the guy who plays him (real name is Creed)---this guy's had an amazing journey.

The Office isn't as funny as it used to be - see seasons 2-4 - but I still watch it every week

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Been watching Season 5 on Netflix the past couple weeks and realized that the show hasn't been funny since then. It seems to have lost its freshness. Dwight is a completely different character than he used to be; while he used to rely on Michael and Jim for his humor, now he has to do it on his own and it's just not as funny. Jim and Pam were a better duo before dating, and Pam as a saleswoman is boring. Erin sucks. Kevin is no longer funny. And Ryan's character has been ruined. I think the only characters that haven't changed much are Andy and Creed. Creed still gets one line an episode, which is what Kevin, Meredith, Oscar, and Angela used to get when they were amusing characters.

No doubt I still love The Office, but it's just not the same. I would enjoy seeing Ricky Gervais (David Brent) come in and be the boss. That might be the only way to salvage the show after Michael is gone, but I seriously doubt that will happen.