Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .500 finish is very attainable: Third times a charm!

Default Re: .500 finish is very attainable: Third times a charm!

I still think it is going to be very difficult to get back to .500 and finish the season 41-41. From 17-27 that would mean the pacers would have to go 24-14 to finish the season or a 64% winning % or a 52 game winning pace. Pacers are not a 52 win team

Sending in this update from hooters just outside conseco. Amazed Stephen Jackson didn't get that foul call at the end. It happened right in front of my section and it appeared to me he sufficiently drew contact. I'll take any break the refs give us though. GO PACERS!

As it stands we are:

2-0 against Group A (9-4)
    2-3 against Group B (9-9)
    2-0 against Group C (4-2)
    0-0 against Group D (3-1)

*Note record in parenthesis is what I projected us to be against that group.

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota, Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

2-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think it is going to be very difficult to get back to .500 and finish the season 41-41. From 17-27 that would mean the pacers would have to go 24-14 to finish the season or a 64% winning % or a 52 game winning pace. Pacers are not a 52 win team
    Who knows. I bet you never would have guessed we'd be 5-1 our last six games, either.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Hell I didn't really notice that we're only 6 games under .500.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Hell I didn't really notice that we're only 6 games under .500.
    Exactly, if we win even at a 2-1 clip the rest of the year, we should be back to .500 or so (too lazy to do the exact math)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Perhaps I'm a bit nutty, but I'm actually feeling a run towards .500 this year. The talent level is finally there to make it a possibility.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We might be 0.500 when March rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Exactly, if we win even at a 2-1 clip the rest of the year, we should be back to .500 or so (too lazy to do the exact math)
    you do realize a 2-1 clip (for a whole season equals 55 wins) would put the Pacers in the top 5 in the NBA. last season only 4 teams won 55 games or more. (cavs, lakers, mavs and Magic) and the year before only 3 teams won 55 or more games. So that just isn''t realistic unless you think the pacers are capable of being a top 5 team in the NBA with the lakers, Celtics, Heat and maybe 1 or 2 other teams.

you do realize a 2-1 clip (for a whole season equals 55 wins) would put the Pacers in the top 5 in the NBA. last season only 4 teams won 55 games or more. (cavs, lakers, mavs and Magic) and the year before only 3 teams won 55 or more games. So that just isn''t realistic unless you think the pacers are capable of being a top 5 team in the NBA with the lakers, Celtics, Heat and maybe 1 or 2 other teams.

That's true, but aren't talking a full season. We are talking less than a half a season, and against the easier part of our schedule.

While it may not happen, I think the author of the thread does an excellent job of showing how we can do it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phildog For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Phildog View Post
    That's true, but aren't talking a full season. We are talking less than a half a season, and against the easier part of our schedule.

While it may not happen, I think the author of the thread does an excellent job of showing how we can do it.
    I think a lot of people haven't realized that just like 2 seasons ago, the second half of the season is much easier than the first half. There's not a lot of games against the top 10 teams left.

The Pacers don't play the Lakers or Spurs again this season. They only have 1 more game against OKC, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, and Chicago. They play Boston and NY twice.

On the other hand, they play Detroit 4 times, Milwaukee and Minnesota twice, and have games against Sacramento, NJ, and Toronto remaining. They should be able to win at least 9 of these games... 8 at the very worst.

My guess is that they'll post a 20 - 12 record the rest of the way and finish 42-40.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I realize this, but you are stretching that success out over a whole season.

I am just saying that based on our schedule and the changes that have taken place on our team with Vogel coming in, I do not find it at all unrealistic to expect that we can win 2 out of every 3 games for the remainder of our season. Not at all.

we play minny and philly plays the spurs if we win and the phillies lose then well be tied for the 7th spot in the EAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Perhaps I'm a bit nutty, but I'm actually feeling a run towards .500 this year. The talent level is finally there to make it a possibility.
    i think your right.
    Btw i really love the dancing bananas.

Impressive come back win tonight. I like the poise and steadiness the team has showed over the past 7 games. Unlike earlier in the season, tonight I felt like even with a sizable deficit we were still right in it. I planned on one loss to the T-Wolves so this win tonight gives us some slack when we go to their place in March. We now have an even record for Group B.

As it stands we are:

3-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah, Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee, Washington, Boston

3-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)

Time for revenge tomorrow night in Milwaukee. I hope we jump out early and never let up.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Banned

Even with this hot streak we're still five games below .500. Damn you, December and January! Damn you to hell!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are 31 games left this year. That means we need to go 18-13 the rest of the way. That is definitely something we can do.

Another impressive victory last night. When it got to crunch time in the 4th, we came up with the stops we needed while putting the ball in the hoop on the offensive end. Too bad Philly and New York both won. But if we continue playing like we are, things will take care of themselves. Next game we have against Milwaukee will be in Conseco so that bodes well for us winning both matchups. Last night's win gives us a winning record in Group B for now.

As it stands we are:

4-3 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(1L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

4-3 against Group B (9-9)

We get another crack at the Heat Tuesday. I am hoping the Heat win today against the Celtics so that they may relax a little when they come to Conseco. Then I hope we absolutely stomp them into embarrassment.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

When this thread was started, I didn't think there was any way. Then the change was made and the team looks completely different. We were in a huge hole but we may have a chance to claw out of it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Tough game last night. As the Wade massacre was taking place in the first quarter and the Miami lead ballooned to 20 points, there was a little girl a row or two back from me (she couldn't have been more than 4 years old) that spoke one of the saddest sounding things I had ever heard. With her voice almost trembling she said slowly, "why are they playing so terrible daddy?" Her father was at a loss for words. Luckily AJ Price and company turned things around for us in the 2nd quarter and we made it not only a respectable game but a very fun and enjoyable game. Even with the loss, I had tons of fun last night. Being part of sell out crowd was awesome. The place was ready to erupt on the verge of every big play we had.

I will be honest, had it of been a "close" game the entire time with us trailing by 5 points or so for all 48 minutes i wouldn't be as up beat right now. The fact that we were down 24 and roared back to take a 5 point lead tells me we are fully capable of outplaying the Heat. Obviously we would have liked to of won that game but even though it was a loss it still gave me plenty to be happy about. Give us the rest of the season to hone our grind-it-out 4th quarter offense and I think we'll have what it takes to beat Miami. There isn't much we can do on the defensive end because the refs will bail them out. Wade's football stiff arm to D. Jones in the 4th was horrendous no call (granted Jones flopped a little but it was obvious Wade shoved him). The very first play of the game pretty much set the officiating tone when Hibbert got the ball down low and was hacked by two different Heat player on his way up with the shot. Regardless, to beat the Heat our guys just have to accept that they'll need to overcome lopsided officiating to get a victory. The fact that we were able to get a 5 point lead after being down 24 was nothing short of a miracle. We'll get the Heat eventually. And man it will be sweet when we do.

As it stands we are:

4-4 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

Group C (teams Pacers face 3 times the rest of the season): New York and New Jersey(2W)*

Gonna be a tough game tonight. I'm really worried about this one because I'm afraid our guys may be down after the loss last night and perhaps already in a vacation frame of mind with it being the last game before the break. Tonight's game will tell me more about Vogel's coaching than almost any other game we've played; be interesting to see if he can get our players pumped up to play hard.

Disappointing loss last night. It seemed for 45 and a half minutes of regulation and all of overtime our guys just didn't play with a sense of urgency. Going into the break just 4 games below .500 would have been huge but now 6 games below seems much more daunting. Luckily I planned for us to loose one game to the Pistons but now we have no wiggle room in the 3 remaining match-ups. The good news is so far we have performed exactly as I had hoped and we're still right on track for my path to .500.

As it stands we are:

0-1 against Group D (3-1)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington, Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1L)

See you all on the other side of the break!

Good start for the final 28. The bench was instrumental in last night's victory. We're just 4 games away from the Group B goal.

As it stands we are:

5-4 against Group B (9-9)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1L)

Let's not have a repeat performance of last Wednesday tonight against the Pistons.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Man I really don't wanna play Detroit 2 more times... They must match up well with us or something. Unlike the game last Wednesday, I felt like we played fairly well the whole time yesterday. They were just able to hang with us. Thankfully we pulled it out though.

As it stands we are:

1-1 against Group D (3-1)

Group B (teams Pacers face 2 times the rest of the season): Orlando(1L), Chicago(1L), Toronto(1W), Miami(2L), Charlotte(1W), Minnesota(1W), Milwaukee(1W), Washington(1W), Boston

Group D (teams Pacers face 4 times the rest of the season): Detroit(1W,1L)

Friday is a toss up. I originally "predicted" us losing to Utah but with the trade going through its hard telling what will happen. It would be nice to get the win and give ourselves a cushion game to use in case we lose to like a Sacramento or Toronto that I "predicted" us beating.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

First Group A loss last night but its not detrimental to the .500 goal as I had originally allotted for a loss to the Jazz. Jefferson and Millsap killed us. If we could have slowed down Jefferson in the 4th we my have had a chance. First quarter was the most stagnant I had seen the offense since Vogel took over. Hopefully they shake it off and have a good showing Sunday.

As it stands we are:

2-1 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

2-1 against Group A (9-4)

Todays loss was my first miscue on the predictions. We certainly had several chances to win. I think Channing Frye was more surprised his last shot went in than anyone else in the building. It was a nice crowd in the Fieldhouse today. The people up in the balcony were especially electric. I was happy to be there for Lance's debut. Although he didn't play much his brief stint had me dreaming of the possibilities. I know a lot of people on here want Lance to play at the 2 but he looked like a giant next to Steve Nash and Aaron Brooks and I think he could be an enormous match up advantage for us at point guard in the future.

As it stands we are:

2-2 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

2-2 against Group A (9-4)

We need the win Tuesday against the Warriors to keep from giving up another I didn't plan on us losing. We'll have a couple chances this week to steal back a win to make up today's loss when we go to OKC and Dallas.

Good start to March last night. We needed that one. Tonight and Friday we have a chance to steal a game to pad the .500 push. I'm looking forward to see how we play tonight. Interested to see if Lance gets a crack at Westbrook and if he can hang with him.

As it stands we are:

3-2 against Group A (9-4)

Group A (teams Pacers face 1 time the rest of the season): Cleveland(W), Portland(W), Utah(L), Phoenix(L), Golden State(W), Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Memphis, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta

3-2 against Group A (9-4)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post: