Thread: Notes: First game ever P's at Blazers

Default Notes: First game ever P's at Blazers

The LP feed was blacked out at the homestead.
    Does anyone have the Indy feed in a digital format?
    Did anyone see my gnome? Stacy said it made the air - but I may never know.

I watch a lot of league pass games but this the first time I was able to see the team in person.

There are plenty of sharp x and o commentators on the board so I do not have a lot to offer in that regard.

However, on a more visceral level:

2nd half offense last night was just as painful live. The team really looked confused. The words from a previous post (fire drill) came to mind as I sit there watching a passing sequence where every player touched the ball - perhaps only one inside the 3pt line - and resulted in a shot clock violation.

My wife is convinced she witnessed a paralysis of activity not unlike that seen in abusive relationships. Fear of doing the wrong thing results in doing almost nothing, and the other team takes advantage.

This is in part why we cheered for Tyler and PG - they seem less inhibited. I am sure I am not alone wanting someone to just go play hard - mistakes will be made - learn and improve. Failure only occurs if you are not making progress.

Also had the surreal feeling of watching someone try the same thing over and over thinking that the results would be different this time - as I realized that the game was over in the late 3rd. Of course I was primed by the two previous games, but you could really see that Portland had tightened up on defense, become a little more focused on offense, and that offense for the P's was going to be very hard to come by.

My perspective of late: this team needs a leader. Posey was the most vocal on floor presence in the 4th - and this is not a solution. PG may be that person. By the time he is ready Roy may be as well. Unless we can bring one in as a free agent it may be a while.

I am a great fan of the game and these players. Still love them, but it is getting hard to watch.

On a more positive note. Quinn, Chris, and Stacy were approachable and personable.

Managed to stand around enough waiting to talk to Stacy that Roy came out to visit with some folks and was gracious enough to sign the gnome. While we debating whether or not to leave, Josh was visiting with friends and was nice enough to sign as well.

All in all. Portland is a great place to go for a game. Look for the gnome next year.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mcampbellarch For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Notes: First game ever P's at Blazers

I do recall one Pacer fan in the crowd getting some camera time... although I don't remember the gnome. But I didn't watch every minute of the broadcast so I easily could've missed it.

Sounds like you had a good time and it's cool that you got autographs for the gnome.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd half offense last night was just as painful live. The team really looked confused. The words from a previous post (fire drill) came to mind as I sit there watching a passing sequence where every player touched the ball - perhaps only one inside the 3pt line - and resulted in a shot clock violation.

My wife is convinced she witnessed a paralysis of activity not unlike that seen in abusive relationships. Fear of doing the wrong thing results in doing almost nothing, and the other team takes advantage.
    Given the inconsistent minutes and very short leash given to the younger Players....I am not surprised if this were the case. I do not doubt the JO'B is not the only Coach that does this... Coaches like Sloan and Popovich come to mind....but our Team is not good enough nor in the position to afford the luxury to allow our young Players to not develop at the cost of not allowing them to make mistakes and ( in turn ) learn from them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember the gnome! The announcers talked about how they never signed a gnomes beard before.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I remember now too.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, you represented me well with my porcelain likeness!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Just got back from Portland last night.

Was a disappointing end after a promising first half. I agree with you efhead, the offense in the second half just feel apart.

It was more of the usual. P. George looked really good in the first half and then hardly played in the second. The Blazers shot the lights out in the second half, with Batum and Fernandez hitting just about everything! But to be up by 18 points and lose isn't acceptable. This is the second time I've been to a Pacer's game where they were up big and lost. Last time was in Indy and they lost to the Sixers after being up 25!

Hey efhead, were you and your wife sitting behind the backboard about 15-20 rows back? I saw two Pacer fans there and with you saying you were there with your wife, I figured that might've been you.

PDU - We were behind the Pacers bench 40-50 back. I was wearing my really loud (yellow orange) mad ants shirt. Did you drive or fly? Wondering if you wanted to try and meet up but then realized our schedule was pretty hectic for saturday.
    Last edited by mcampbellarch; 01-25-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: failed to load image

haha, I think I might have seen you. I remember looking for anyone wearing yellow (you do that when you're in the minority at a sports event!). I said to my buddy "Is that a Pacer shirt over there?" and he says "Nah it says Mad Ants or something".

I drove down. My friend and I are big NBA watchers, so we've driven down to a few games this year. We used to go to Sonics games all the time too.

Well, we should probably answer a 28 point questionnaire to determine compatibility and touch base next year if you will be making the drive again.