Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

  1. #1

    Default Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    I have to admit I didn't see this coming from him



    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/23...etirement-card

    Mort: Carson Palmer Demands A Trade And Will Play The "Retirement Card"
    by Josh Kirkendall on Jan 23, 2011 1:39 PM EST in Rumors

    2 comments Email Print.
    More photos » Andy Lyons - Getty Images .
    about 1 month ago: CINCINNATI OH - DECEMBER 05: Jonathan Vilma #51 of the New Orleans Saints sacks Carson Palmer #9 of the Cincinnati Bengals during the NFL game at Paul Brown Stadium on December 5 2010 in Cincinnati Ohio. The Saints won 34-30. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)


    Browse more photos »
    Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's career has degraded in each of the past three seasons to the point that fans questioned if the Bengals should just move in another direction.

    However, the Bengals quarterback may be thinking the same thing.

    During ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown, Chris Mortensen reports that Carson Palmer is now demanding a trade. Says Mort that Palmer "wants a rebirth with a new franchise and will ask the Bengals to trade him this offseason to the team that he desires to play on to the point where he's willing to play the retirement card. He has enough money in the bank."

    Three teams that could interest Palmer are in the NFC West: Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    He sucks i doubt they will even get a 2nd rd pick for him. He was just terrible this year with 4 really good weapons around him.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Really he's doing them a favor.

  4. #4
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    I really didn't see this coming from him, but I'm not surprised.

    The Bengals are a complete joke. Continuing to bring back Marvin Lewis is the absolute dumbest thing you could possibly do. The guy is horrible coach.

    I'm not a Bengals fan, so I couldn't care less. But it's nice to see Carson get smart and realize that any team who continually gives Marvin Lewis chance after chance is probably not a team you want to play for.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  5. #5
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,151

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Carson Palmer stunk last year. If the Bengals can get a solid QB replacement and strengthen the defense some, they'll be tons better next year

  6. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Bears should trade for him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bears should trade for him.
    no he is worst than Cutler now thats bad

  8. #8

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Does anyone pay attention to these games ?? Palmer definitely ranks in the upper 1/2 of the QBs in the league. He finished the season strong - when T.O. and Ocho Whatevero gave up on the season and didn't play. Now, yes - the Bengals are a screwed up franchise. Why they re-upped Lewis, I'll never understand. And why they signed Owens is another baffler. He and 85 didn't do squat this past season.

    Palmer has a lot of good years left in him and wherever he ends up will be glad they got him.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone pay attention to these games ?? Palmer definitely ranks in the upper 1/2 of the QBs in the league. He finished the season strong - when T.O. and Ocho Whatevero gave up on the season and didn't play. Now, yes - the Bengals are a screwed up franchise. Why they re-upped Lewis, I'll never understand. And why they signed Owens is another baffler. He and 85 didn't do squat this past season.

    Palmer has a lot of good years left in him and wherever he ends up will be glad they got him.
    Palmer hasn't been the same since getting hurt in against the Steelers in that playoff game all those years ago. While the Bengals OLine hasn't been great, Palmer's accuracy has been horrendous over the past couple of years. He may turn things around once he gets outside of Cincinnati, but Palmer is not one of the top 15 QBs in the NFL right now.

  11. #10

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    I don't know if I'd call over 60% completion horrendous. But what are facts anyway ??????????

  12. #11
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Palmer's 2010 season

    19th in QB Rating
    4th in completions
    4th in attempts
    14th in pass completion percentage
    6th in passing yards
    12th in passing yards per game
    9th in TDs
    3rd in INTs

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if I'd call over 60% completion horrendous. But what are facts anyway ??????????
    facts are he had TO and Ochocico and Cedric Benson and he sucked

  14. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    facts are he had TO and Ochocico and Cedric Benson and he sucked
    Those 3 guys should make him better is what you're saying?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those 3 guys should make him better is what you're saying?
    I would kill to have TO and ochocino on the bears Benson'


    yes they should make him better

  16. #15

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...almer/#respond

    Mike Brown says Bengals won’t trade Carson Palmer
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
    We’ll it’s official. Bengals owner Mike Brown has confirmed that quarterback Carson Palmer has requested a trade.

    And Brown says he declined.

    “We are not trading Carson,” Brown said, in a quote posted by the team on Twitter.

    ESPN’s Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter reported on Sunday that Palmer wants out, and that he’ll possibly retire if he’s not traded.

    Since all of Palmer’s signing bonus money has been counted toward years he has played under his current deal, which runs through 2014, Palmer could retire without having to forfeit to the Bengals any money that he previously has received.

    That said, he’d also be giving up nearly $50 million in future salaries, assuming that the Bengals keep him for each of the next four years.

    Palmer turned 31 on December 27, 2010, and he presumably has at least another five years left, if he chooses to keep playing.

  17. #16
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would kill to have TO and ochocino on the bears Benson'


    yes they should make him better
    I disagree.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree.
    they beat the hell out of Johnny Knox's and Devin "is not a WR" Hester

    I dont like thier attitues but there is no reason that team should get worst with 2 HOF WR's

  19. #18
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Palmer should have done this a long time ago.

    That franchise is just a black hole and he should have got out of there a long time ago. He was really improving before that knee injury and he has only regressed. Though hard to blame a guy when his best WR is a huge diva and his third WR was one arrest from being gone from the NFL.

    Then when the Bengals finally find a formula that works and helps them win the division they say screw the running game lets throw it all over the place and bring in the biggest diva in the NFL. I can only imagine what it would be like to be a QB with TO and Ocho on the same field.

    The Vikings would probably go for him becuase their window is now and they are not building for the future. They do not have time to waste on a developing a later round QB.

  20. #19
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    You're looking at them as pure phsyical beings. They have mouths, and egos, along with their bodies.

    Being "football players" is second to them. Being "famous" is the first.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they beat the hell out of Johnny Knox's and Devin "is not a WR" Hester

    I dont like thier attitues but there is no reason that team should get worst with 2 HOF WR's
    You don't think there is a reason TO has been bouncing around constantly?

    And is Chad Johnson really a HOF wideout? I don't think so.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #21
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Frankly, if I could help it, I'd rather not have Knox, Hester, TO, or Ochocinco as my wideouts...

    Hester, as said above, is in no way a WR.

    Knox is just your average, everyday, "I can find you anywhere in the league" WR

    And TO and Ochocinco had their day. And it's long gone.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  25. #22
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Cutler still has the best target out of both teams. Greg Olsen.

    Man, I was hoping and praying that the Colts would have landed him.

  26. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,833
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cutler still has the best target out of both teams. Greg Olsen.

    Man, I was hoping and praying that the Colts would have landed him.
    I Love Greg but he needs better hands he drops a lot of balls. I would trade him for Reggie Wayne

  27. #24
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    I wouldn't.

    You can have anyone but Reggie, Dallas, and Collie. (And I mean from the skill positions)

  28. #25
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Carson Palmer to demand a trade

    I watched several Bengals games this season and Palmer was not good until the last 3-4 games. He threw pick after pick. It kind of became a joke among the guys I watch football with every Sunday that Palmer was going to do everything he could to lose the game. That said, a new environment could re-invigorate him. If I was the Cardinals, I'd offer a 2nd rounder, a future conditional pick, and one of their young QBs and if I was the Bengals, I'd take it.

Similar Threads

  1. Let's Make A Deal
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM
  2. Possible Laker trade?
    By Sollozzo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
  3. Insider Article
    By FiestyFosterFanatic in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
  4. ESPN Insider 8/3/04
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:56 AM
  5. 8/2 - NBA Insider - Underachievers
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •