Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Rush.. seriously?

Default Brandon Rush.. seriously?

I seem to overlook this thanks to Jim O'Brien being the only story right now, but did Brandon Rush really play 24 minutes last night with a stat line of: 1reb 1ast 1stl

Paul George got 7 minutes.. 7 and stat line was: 7pts 3reb

Brandon's defense has dropped as well? Is there anyway to light a permanent fire under this guy's a$$?

We need to play Paul George to find out if we have a SG or not, but Rush is not the answer.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

Default Re: Brandon Rush.. seriously?

I know that Rush haven't been that good in few games, but how you expect an inconsistent player to be consistent if your coach is inconsistent?

Well unlike some of the others, Brandon Rush gets consistent minutes, so I'm not blaming O'Brien for this one.

All the other young guys try to make the most out of there minutes.. Rush.. I don't know

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Rush has to take more than 2 shots. He and Posey played a combined 41 mins and did almost nothing at all. Play PG those mins and see what he puts up. Hell he did more in 7 mins than they did in 41.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well unlike some of the others, Brandon Rush gets consistent minutes, so I'm not blaming O'Brien for this one.

All the other young guys try to make the most out of there minutes.. Rush.. I don't know
    I'm talking about starting, this is really underrated, people don't understand that players need a rythm, there is a reason why some players don't want to come of the bench.

You know who really sucks - John Hollinger. He said BRush had a tendency to wander aimlessly, and at one point was the worst starter in the league, but what does he know? He doesn't even watch basketball games!

Oops:

Quote Originally Posted by Hollinger's twitter
    Final thoughts: 1) Can't believe Collison didn't pressure Rudy more, 2) Classic wander-aimlessly game from Rush -- 24 min, 0 pt, 1 rb, 1 ast
    Anyway, not saying I 100% agree with Hollinger, and BRush has certainly improved since Hollinger's infamous "worst starter" comment, but I think people need to have some perspective and think about how our team looks to outsiders. Not that good.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm talking about starting, this is really underrated, people don't understand that players need a rythm, there is a reason why some players don't want to come of the bench.
    He's not a starter, and even when Dunleavy comes off the bench, he attempts to make an impact.

Rush seems content to just be in the NBA. He hardly even plays or shows any emotion ever? I can't tell if he even cares if we win or lose?

I mean if you follow on Twitter, you see guys like Hibbert, Collison, Paul George tweeting that they're upset about a loss, have to improve, need to get the next one. Brandon Rush is tweeting about mixtapes, shoes, being bored.

Yeah others do this as well, but at least you can tell they care in between. I mean you get quotes from Granger, Dunleavy, Foster, Hansbrough about the same, and Rush just sits in the background, which in turns translates to the court

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

You can't be serious?
    He just doesn't always show up and give the impression he wants to play and yet you want to blame JOB?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I agree. In the month of January he has averaged 8.6 ppg on 36% shooting. Pretty bad, and he's lost a step defensively since last month. I'll reiterate; I am so hard on him because I know how good he can potentially be. I am seriously getting somewhat worried about his personal hygiene, if you understand what I mean. He's transformed from a nice 6th man to the Brandon Rush of old ever since the last game of December.

Sorry if that is politically incorrect or whatever for being concerned.

I mean if you follow on Twitter, you see guys like Hibbert, Collison, Paul George tweeting that they're upset about a loss, have to improve, need to get the next one. Brandon Rush is tweeting about mixtapes, shoes, being bored.

Yeah others do this as well, but at least you can tell they care in between. I mean you get quotes from Granger, Dunleavy, Foster, Hansbrough about the same, and Rush just sits in the background, which in turns translates to the court
    Now, I'm just going to have to point something out here.. When I played ball I would have a huge game, but I would never brag about it.. Rush is like that, I can tell. He doesn't like to show out and he doesn't like to give himself a load of credit, he finds it petty and goofy.

Maybe you're right that he should be more interested, but this is just the way Rush is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    You know who really sucks - John Hollinger. He said BRush had a tendency to wander aimlessly, and at one point was the worst starter in the league, but what does he know? He doesn't even watch basketball games!

Oops:

Anyway, not saying I 100% agree with Hollinger, and BRush has certainly improved since Hollinger's infamous "worst starter" comment, but I think people need to have some perspective and think about how our team looks to outsiders. Not that good.
    Hollinger wanted Paul George to play more last night instead of Posey it was in the pacers media chat on pacers.com

Saying that he is floating around aimlessly because he isn't starting is just ignorant, considering he did the exact same thing last season when he started 64 games.
    Grown Man Ball

Banned

He's not a starter, and even when Dunleavy comes off the bench, he attempts to make an impact.

Rush seems content to just be in the NBA. He hardly even plays or shows any emotion ever? I can't tell if he even cares if we win or lose?

Is funny that most of the things you are saying to describe Rush are pretty much the same things I can use to describe Mike, there is a reason why somebody took their time to make the MANLEAVY video, the only time I got to see any reaction or emotion from him was when he got the tip in on the NO game.

By the way I don't know if you know this but Dunleavy is been horrible lately too(he was ok yesterday) I would say that I agree with you on PG, he needs more playing time and he was the best SG yesterday, the problem is that the clown has a short leach on him and PG miss assignment on Batum made his benching easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Now, I'm just going to have to point something out here.. When I played ball I would have a huge game, but I would never brag about it.. Rush is like that, I can tell. He doesn't like to show out and he doesn't like to give himself a load of credit, he finds it petty and goofy.

Maybe you're right that he should be more interested, but this is just the way Rush is.
    I'm in no way talking about bragging b/c of a good game, I'm starting about showing emotion or fight when your team is struggling. You're suppose to be apart of the core moving forward with this franchise and you don't seem to care.

Did anyone see Hansbrough's reaction when he got taken out in the 3rd quarter I believe, quickly after coming in? He was not happy, he wants to be on the floor, and should be on the floor. He wants to win, he hates to lose.

Granger gets frustrated and starts jacking up shots no b/c he doesn't care, it's b/c he doesn't like to lose and tries to put it on himself.

Hibbert is thinking of getting mental help b/c he's not playing well, and he feels he's letting the team down b/c he doesn't like to lose.

Collison doesn't like to lose, Foster is tired of losing, Dunleavy is tired of losing. Paul George is just a rookie and he's tired of losing. I don't get that sense from Rush, I wish I did, but I don't.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Brandon rush is a joke. The guy has the athletic ability and shooting touch to be a star. But has no confidence in his game. he does not look to create. he does not look to shoot. You have to pray for him to shoot a three even when he is wide open.

Its almost laughable that the guy is so good yet SO BAD. I personally want him off the team in the offseason. Start PG next year and resign DUN to a smaller contract to be the backup for him and granger.

He has not made any progress on his game and just plays scared on the offensive end.

I know you guys are going to say well he is the best defensive player we have. What good is defense when our team struggles to put up 90 points. We cannot rely on two guys to get it done for us. Brandon was brought in here to be a difference maker and right now he is being outplayed by our new rookie.

Is funny that most of the things you are saying to describe Rush are pretty much the same things I can use to describe Mike, there is a reason why somebody took their time to make the MANLEAVY video, the only time I got to see any reaction or emotion from him was when he got the tip in on the NO game.

By the way I don't know if you know this but Dunleavy is been horrible lately too(he was ok yesterday) I would say that I agree with you on PG, he needs more playing time and he was the best SG yesterday, the problem is that the clown has a short leach on him and PG miss assignment on Batum made his benching easier.
    I agree Dunleavy has been terrible as well, and I'm a fan of him, but I can tolerate Dunleavy being bad b/c he'll likely be traded or gone next season anyways. Rush is suppose to be one of the core guys going forward, and those he has play better early, he still seems to be the same inconsistent guy.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I'm in no way talking about bragging b/c of a good game, I'm starting about showing emotion or fight when your team is struggling. You're suppose to be apart of the core moving forward with this franchise and you don't seem to care.

Did anyone see Hansbrough's reaction when he got taken out in the 3rd quarter I believe, quickly after coming in? He was not happy, he wants to be on the floor, and should be on the floor. He wants to win, he hates to lose.

Granger gets frustrated and starts jacking up shots no b/c he doesn't care, it's b/c he doesn't like to lose and tries to put it on himself.

Hibbert is thinking of getting mental help b/c he's not playing well, and he feels he's letting the team down b/c he doesn't like to lose.

Collison doesn't like to lose, Foster is tired of losing, Dunleavy is tired of losing. Paul George is just a rookie and he's tired of losing. I don't get that sense from Rush, I wish I did, but I don't.
    Yeah, there's nothing I can disagree with there.

The funny thing is that I went to a game and saw him drain like twenty threes in a row without flaw coming off of a dribble and a jump-stop, and ever since then I've held a high opinion of his basketball ability, but to hope for him to actually make something of it (15 ppg scorer or something) is wishful thinking because he just doesn't have the drive of a professional, I suppose.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    Brandon rush is a joke. The guy has the athletic ability and shooting touch to be a star. But has no confidence in his game. he does not look to create. he does not look to shoot. You have to pray for him to shoot a three even when he is wide open.

Its almost laughable that the guy is so good yet SO BAD. I personally want him off the team in the offseason. Start PG next year and resign DUN to a smaller contract to be the backup for him and granger.

He has not made any progress on his game and just plays scared on the offensive end.

I know you guys are going to say well he is the best defensive player we have. What good is defense when our team struggles to put up 90 points. We cannot rely on two guys to get it done for us. Brandon was brought in here to be a difference maker and right now he is being outplayed by our new rookie.
    I would rather have a Marcus Thornton/ Shannon Brown type next yr than bringing back Manleavy. A young guy who is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I would rather have a Marcus Thornton/ Shannon Brown type next yr than bringing back Manleavy. A young guy who is pretty good
    Actually.. scrap dun as well and let D.Jones play. He cant be any worse.

Banned

I'm going to say the same thing I said when people were going crazy about Hibbert and Danny, let's just wait until we get a real coach to evaluate our players, almost every single player has been sucking lately reason why I wouldn't go crazy about this situation.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If there is a polar opposite to Reggie Miller, it's Brandon Rush.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    Actually.. scrap dun as well and let D.Jones play. He cant be any worse.
    I was just about to say that why not just play Dahatay 10-15 mins next year in a backup role..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If there is a polar opposite to Reggie Miller, it's Brandon Rush.
    Some people are like Brandon who act like they dont care but they really do. Jay Cutler and Brandon have the same type of body language during a game but Jay cares a lot. When he is mic ed up u can really tell he wants to win he just doesnt show a lot of emotion.

we do need to upgrade the SG position going forward. There is a reason that Rush was being shopped last season. Maybe George is the answer? I find it humorous that posters have said in the past that we are set at the wing position. Nobody fears Rush/Dunleavy.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

I'm going to say the same thing I said when people were going crazy about Hibbert and Danny, let's just wait until we get a real coach to evaluate our players, almost every single player has been sucking lately reason why I wouldn't go crazy about this situation.
    Then don't criticize any player-Dun included. Just say "wait until we get a real coach".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be sure to show this quote to you the next time you complain about Dunleavy, too.