Thread: IND/DEN/NYK

Default IND/DEN/NYK

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4gxf742

It would be hard taking back Harrington a 3rd time, but the Pacers get a young potential, and some solid vets that they are looking for.

Denver gets 3 nice expiring contracts in Curry, Ford, and Foster who they've like. Get young talent in Gallo and Fields while also getting a couple 1st round picks most likely.

Knicks get Melo, while keeping Chandler. they also get a backup PG and a defensive wing in Dahntay

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: IND/DEN/NYK

We'd have to give a young guy to Denver but I like it. Give them something like Rush or Hans.

Think we would have to give a young guy? I mean we're taking on Harrington's contract, and only giving back expiring contracts.

We would look like this if that trade went through

PG: Collison, Price, Stephenson
    SG: Rush, George
    SF: Granger, Dunleavy, Posey
    PF: Randolph, Hansbrough, Harrington, McRoberts
    C: Nene, Hibbert, Solo

Even with Randolph and Harrington I would keep Hansbrough, talented big men are harder to come by. If needed I would trade Rush, use Dunleavy and George at the 2.. perhaps Stephenson at times, and slide Randolph to SF.

You still have expiring contracts of Dunleavy and Solo worth about 11 mil if you need flexibility or want to bring in win depth. You also have Posey as an expiring contract a year from now

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

You don't think we can slide Nene to the four?

Denver gets burnt toast.

I like us getting involved in the deal but I think I like the trade more like this:

Indiana Gets: Harrington, Nene, Randolph, Rautins
    NYC Gets: Anthony, Balkman, Shelden Williams, Dahntay Jones, James Posey
    Denver Gets: Galinari, Fields, Bill Walker, Mason Jr., Auzibuke, Curry, Ford, Solo, 1st Rd

This is a little more well rounded I think. Denver still doesn't get what they could have from NJ, but if that deal is legit dead, then Denver might well be served to get a deal done thats better than the Raps or Cavs got...

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like us getting involved in the deal but I think I like the trade more like this:

Indiana Gets: Harrington, Nene, Randolph, Rautins
    NYC Gets: Anthony, Balkman, Shelden Williams, Dahntay Jones, James Posey
    Denver Gets: Galinari, Fields, Bill Walker, Mason Jr., Auzibuke, Curry, Ford, Solo, 1st Rd

This is a little more well rounded I think. Denver still doesn't get what they could have from NJ, but if that deal is legit dead, then Denver might well be served to get a deal done thats better than the Raps or Cavs got...
    Wow. Indiana gives up no one we really want except a possible 1st and we get Nene and Randolph and we were going to give up this same 1st for Randolph alone. But now we get Nene too.

Why would Denver give up Nene?

The main reason I see it happening is that Denver by trading Carmelo is in rebuilding mode.......which means a guy like Harrington on a 5 year contract isn't something they need or want. Essentially we give up a 1st AND take on Harrington's 5 year deal. New York doesn't have the pieces to match up financially to take on Harrington's deal, so we step in with out expiring deals and make it happen......I would even swap Foster for Bird Man to facilitate this deal and help Denver COMPLETELY clean house and have a clean slate.

Yeah, the Nuggets would be rebuilding and can do it quickly with picks and expiring contracts. Plus if they keep Billups, there may be solid free agents willing to go play there, unlike Indiana