Thread: IND/PHI

Default IND/PHI

Ok so i've toyed around with unlikely 3 team deals just for fun but maybe this is a little more realistic.

Indiana gets:

1 - Iggy
    2 - Brand
    3 - Brackins

Philadelphia gets:

1 - Dunleavy
    2 - Ford
    3 - Posey
    4 - Stephenson

There is a lot of speculation of trading Danny to NJ for a similar package as the Carmelo deal......but if we could do this......I think we can beat anybody in the east. Sure Brand has a big deal but moving Posey would offset it somewhat and I think Brand still has a couple years left in the tank......

PG - Collison, Price
    SG - Iguodala, Rush, Jones
    SF - Granger, George
    PF - Brand, Hansbrough
    C - Hibbert, McRoberts, Foster

Thats a very talented rotation defensively and offensively.......if somehow this Anthony Randolph rumor is true you can add him in to the PF depth chart as well........I think Iggy and Granger are the perfect counterparts with one being a slashing shot creator with great passing ability and the other a world class shooter when not forced to be the go-to guy and trying to do to much. I think you would see Danny's defensive energy go way up with a guy like Iggy leading by exampe in that category......Brand and Hans are both great PnR PFs which would allow Collison to thrive and Hibbert should be have more room to operate with opposing defenses being forced to contend with Brand and as Hans gets more exp he as well..........would Phili do this deal to rid themselves of the salary cap purgatory they are in now as they continue to rack up the losses ? Would you guys be willing to throw in a 2011 1st rounder that is sure to be in the 20's after this deal goes down if thats what it takes to make it happen ?
    Last edited by Wylder1324; 01-21-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Default Re: IND/PHI

I really like the idea to get Iggy and Brand. But I would do :

Indiana gets:

1 - Iggy
    2 - Brand

Philadelphia gets:

1 - Dunleavy
    2 - Ford
    3 - Foster
    4 - Rush

I think they would prefer to have Rush than Posey and they need a PF/C to replace Brand, that's why I put Foster in.

If the 2011 1st rounder is not needed, i'd use it to get Randolph and then we'll have :

PG : Collison / Price
    SG : Iguodala / George / D. Jones / Stephenson
    SF : Granger / Posey
    PF : Brand / Hansbrough / Randolph
    C : Hibbert / McRoberts / S. Jones

Brand and Iggy have big contracts but they will end in 2013 and 2014, exactly when indy will need to renegociate with Hibbert, Collison, Hansbrough and Randolph.

What do you think ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the Sixers' recent resurgence, I doubt that they're going to look into trading Brand or Iguodala, even if they're both pretty overpaid.

Max - Of course they would prefer Rush to Posey.....but thats our price to take on both Iggy and Brand's deals. I don't think its worth it to take Brand with Iggy unless we can move Posey in the deal, otherwise we have too many big contracts.

Spreedom - I have read some of the same about Philly.....but to be honest I think its a mirage, I do not see Philly actually making the playoffs and I think that report is more less based on the fact that they have not been able to find anyone will to take on both of those contracts together.....which is something they have said from the beginning would be the price of attaining Iggy.

We need to do something like this. I'm tired of the same guys sucking every night. Please Bird do something. Including getting rid of the worst coach in history.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

If we have to pay Iggy and Brand over the next 3-4 years, we better win a championship with them because we won't ever have any money to spend..

..There are better options. We could probably pry Iggy away w/o taking on Brand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post: