Thread: Kevin Pritchard traveling w/ Pacers?

Threaded View

Default Kevin Pritchard traveling w/ Pacers?

Rather interesting to see former Blazers GM, Kevin Pritchard, traveling with the Pacers during this West Coast trip. There had been some talk a while back that he might be brought in to work for the Pacers in some capacity. He's not employed as of now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers offered him a deal. See below: http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...-Warriors-game

Pritchard traveling with Pacers

Former Portland Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard spent the first part of the trip traveling with the Pacers.

Pacers president Larry Bird invited Pritchard, who was fired by Portland about an hour before last summer's NBA draft, on the trip. Their friendship goes back to when the two were teammates with the Boston Celtics during the 1991-92 season.

Bird, who is in the last year of his contract, respects the job Pritchard did in rebuilding the Trail Blazers. Pritchard played a significant part in acquiring guard Brandon Roy and forward LaMarcus Aldridge.

The Pacers do not employ Pritchard. Bird likes to pick the brains of people who have held front office positions. Golden State's former executive of basketball operations, Chris Mullin, also a former Pacers player, might hang around the team later in the season.

"There's a lot of guys around the league I talk to," Bird said. "I've always done that."

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post: