Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Murphy Excused From Nets

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Murphy Excused From Nets

    Jan 19, 2011 1:58 PM EST
    The Nets have excused Troy Murphy from the team, according to Al Iannazzone of The Record.

    New Jersey general manager Billy King is expected to address Murphy's absence on Thursday.

    The forward has been mentioned in the proposed three-team trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to the Nets.

    Since coming over in a trade with the Pacers last summer, Murphy has appeared in just 18 games for the Nets.

    Via Al Iannazzone/The Record
    New Jersey Nets

    Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets



    Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz1BWBlHtTc

  2. #2
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,985

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    wow

  3. #3

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Yea..wow..

  4. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,481

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Trade time?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #5

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    I think it's safe to say that Avery never got his poor man's Dirk Nowitzki.. Turns out he's more like a homeless man's Matt Bonner.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:


  7. #6

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade time?
    It's going to be unfair if we have to play Denver with Billups and Melo..and then have to play the Nets with Billups and Melo..

  8. #7

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    ... Yeah, it's a broken record, but I still can't believe we got DC for this guy.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Bird is terrible!

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... Yeah, it's a broken record, but I still can't believe we got DC for this guy.
    The kicker was having to take on Posey's contract too...

  13. #10
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,816

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Doesn't suprise me at all.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  14. #11
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,027

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Would anyone here take him back for Posey?

    I don't think I would.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would anyone here take him back for Posey?

    I don't think I would.
    yes he expires this yr. Posey doesnt expire till next year that is a easy yes.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird is terrible!
    Well he was, for letting the clown of Jim to use Troy as the best player on the team and play him infinite minutes.

  19. #14
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,816

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would anyone here take him back for Posey?

    I don't think I would.
    Hell no.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes he expires this yr. Posey doesnt expire till next year that is a easy yes.
    **** that. And have Murphy come in and sabotage our chemistry and steal minutes from McRoberts and Hansbrough? You are out of your mind. So what if his contract is expiring? We are already oozing with cap space and Posey's contract isn't that ornery.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #16

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would anyone here take him back for Posey?

    I don't think I would.
    I know you say "Would anyone here..." but we all realize that the Coach here would take him back, camp him out at the 3 point line and play him ungodly amount of minutes.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes he expires this yr. Posey doesnt expire till next year that is a easy yes.
    Are you serious?

    15-18 minutes of Posey is way, way better than 29 - 34 minutes of Murphy

  26. #18
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Why don't we just do the deal and waive Matador? Would Bird do that if the opportunity presented itself?

  27. #19
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you serious?

    15-18 minutes of Posey is way, way better than 29 - 34 minutes of Murphy
    Losing is still losing, at least they'd BOTH be gone after this season.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  28. #20
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    I would take back expiring for dead cap space every time.

  29. #21

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** that. And have Murphy come in and sabotage our chemistry and steal minutes from McRoberts and Hansbrough? You are out of your mind. So what if his contract is expiring? We are already oozing with cap space and Posey's contract isn't that ornery.
    Posey's taking minutes from them anyway.

    And I don't mind Posey..but I'd rather have the cap space or trade piece. (remember..he'd be averaging a double double for us)

  30. #22
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Losing is still losing, at least they'd BOTH be gone after this season.
    I never want to see Murphy playing center ever again.

    If we have a different coach next season Posey might actually be able to do something we might actually like...in probably less minutes.

  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** that. And have Murphy come in and sabotage our chemistry and steal minutes from McRoberts and Hansbrough? You are out of your mind. So what if his contract is expiring? We are already oozing with cap space and Posey's contract isn't that ornery.
    Thats easy LB buy's him out it is hypothetical anyway but that would be way smarter than another yr of posey

  32. #24

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's safe to say that Avery never got his poor man's Dirk Nowitzki.. Turns out he's more like a homeless man's Matt Bonner.
    And he used to be the Pacers' starter just a year ago...

  33. #25
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Murphy Excused From Nets

    I really don't understand all the Murphy hate... He was just simply misused, under a coach so enamored with his stretching the defense, that he got a pass on defense , instead of having his a$$ rode by coaching staff to PLAY DEFENSE...

    Sure, his defense was akin to tits on a boar, but he was/is still a consistant double double machine, whom btw was out most consistant offensive player for like 2 years in a row with us..
    The whole problem with Murphy , was how he was used, as well as the inflation of his ego..
    Murphy is the type of player that is the 1st big off the bench that needs to have a defined role... REBOUNDING, REBOUNDING, REBOUNDING ...... while scoring when the opportunity presents itself in the flow of the game...hitting the trailing 3 ..
    He also needs 14 to 17 mpg ..

    JOB really stroked Troy's ego (TWSS) to the point where I think in NJ he thought he'd be coming in a starter playing big minutes ...and when he didn't this story is what we read..
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-19-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
  2. Nets and Pacers, going nowhere, talking to each other (Yahoo Sports)
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
  3. 03/22/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Nets
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 12:15 AM
  4. Nets are thinking about picking up Campbell?
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:50 PM
  5. Teams looking to trade for Jason Kidd (Insider)
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •