Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: McBob to start Roy sick

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default McBob to start Roy sick

    Just heard on the fan. Sory no link I'm driving
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. #2

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    So he goes from not being able to get off the bench to starting again? I swear I don't get it.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert (illness) questionable 2nite vs Warriors. McRoberts will start if Hibbert doesn't play.
    http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he goes from DNP-CD to starting....again.

    As much as I want Josh to play, this is getting absurd.
    From Kester's thread.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he goes from not being able to get off the bench to starting again? I swear I don't get it.
    Jim got to see him in practice ......

  7. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    I like him at Center. I think he can guard the position and can run his guy ragged. I don't want him starting over Roy normally, but still. JMac and Tyler up front will be fun to watch, they really have complimentary skill sets, but both bring energy.

    It might do Roy some good to get some rest anyway.

    Now, does this mean 30 mins for Posey or Solo, let's hope not.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    I don't like to see Roy get sick, but if this means that McBob and Hans are going to run against the Warriors at the same time, I'm a little excited.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he goes from not being able to get off the bench to starting again? I swear I don't get it.
    Actually Jim has done that since his first season here. That is what he does. I think he does that to try and keep the same player rotation (except for the new player obviously)

    But isn't this what we all want? Josh getting some PT

    And agaisnt the Warriors you want as much quickness in the lineup as possible.

    Should be interesting to see this team without Roy

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Yes I can't wait too see small ball today with Posey as the center ............

  14. #9

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    That's a shame. I don't think the Warriors have the best defenders in the post, it might have been a good chance to get Roy some confidence.

    I am happy to see Josh though. And I really don't know what people expected. I guess maybe Solo? Maybe Foster..but I'd be hesitant to start him and use him huge minutes.

  15. #10
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,813

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I can't wait too see small ball today with Posey as the center ............
    That has never happened, at least not since Dec 21rst.

    http://www.popcornmachine.net/

  16. #11
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,165

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Where are those people that dogged McBob out in my other post?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Was Roy on the grassy knoll when he got sick?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  19. #13
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,813

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a shame. I don't think the Warriors have the best defenders in the post, it might have been a good chance to get Roy some confidence.

    I am happy to see Josh though. And I really don't know what people expected. I guess maybe Solo? Maybe Foster..but I'd be hesitant to start him and use him huge minutes.
    Your right. We are lucky to have him healthy and he may be the best center we have, however Foster doesn't have a good history and shouldn't be overused with his back issues.

  20. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I can't wait too see small ball today with Posey as the center ............
    what does that have to do with this thread.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    McBob has played a total of 15 minutes this MONTH.
    Grown Man Ball

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what does that have to do with this thread.
    My prediction ..... And that Roy is out and would need somebody to replace him, what a better guy than Posey to do this.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.

  25. #17
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McBob has played a total of 15 minutes this MONTH.
    Don't you know, you learn a lot more sitting than you do playing. Duh....

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't you know, you learn a lot more sitting than you do playing. Duh....
    No one has ever even suggested that.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    I'll be the "Debbie Downer" for this thread. Remember that McBob has started before and ended up playing very limited minutes afterwards.

    The Warriors play both Small Ball ( VladRad/Udoh at the PF spot and Lee/Biedrins at the Center spot ) but lean more towards a traditional PF/C rotation involving Lee and Biedrins.

    I know that it's mere speculation based off of our common thoughts regarding JO'B's rotation.....but I would look at McBob starting but for Solo and Foster to be manning the Center spot and looking for McBob to be playing about 10-15 mpg. Now that JO'B has Foster back....we're going to be watching him ( and Solo ) try to defend the paint from Monta continually driving to the hoop.

    My guess is that Monta will score 35 to 40 points with half of them scored while attacking the basket. Good thing that Foster and Solo are great shotblockers
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. #20
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    My guess is that Monta will score 35 to 40 points with half of them scored while attacking the basket. Good thing that Foster and Solo are great shotblockers
    I remember when we signed Solo and it was suggested that he was a legit shot blocking presence.
    Grown Man Ball

  31. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick


  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember when we signed Solo and it was suggested that he was a legit shot blocking presence.
    Yeah, I remember that....did that version of Solo show up?

    Unfortunately, Solo doesn't scare off Players from driving to the paint. Granger does a better job of doing that then Solo does
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  34. #23
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    twin towers time

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    I just want our guys to start growing their hair out. I want Mustache Mania II. I want to beat the Warriors. Make it a big charity thing where they give their hair to charity. Wouldn't Foster look great if he had a sweet mullet with that 'stache?

    Oh. And I like it that Josh and Tyler are getting playing time next to each other, no matter how limited it will be.

    UB - it is useless to get in between Since86 and vnzla81 when it comes to these conversations. Their sarcasm and hyperbole with offset any rational thought you have. No offense guys. It is just how you roll. I'm not saying I disagree with a lot of what you say either.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: McBob to start Roy sick

    I don't know what to say.

    I'm happy he's going to at least play, but I don't understand why Jim moves a guy from inactive to starter.

    Hopefully he'll take advantage and play a lot of minutes with Tyler.

Similar Threads

  1. comments from an O'brien supporter - warning its lengthy :)
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. Vick to start against the Colts
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 12:44 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 03:48 AM
  5. Reggie to wave green flag Sunday to start Indy500
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •