Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

I think Anne Hathaway was a great choice :

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Sha-boing

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dark+knight+cat...%3Aign.com&l=1
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Folks who didn't think TDK was the best superhero movie ever are definitely in the minority, but count me among them. I liked Iron Man 1 which came out just before quite a bit more than TDK.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Folks who didn't think TDK was the best superhero movie ever are definitely in the minority, but count me among them. I liked Iron Man 1 which came out just before quite a bit more than TDK.
    I agree completely. Iron Man was pitch perfect.

For me, the best superhero movie ever was the first Superman. That was magical movie making.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I loved Iron Man. I think the Batman MOVIES are better, but I think Robert Downey Jr. is the best current superhero actor. He completely captures Tony Stark. Bale does a good job as Batman, but RDJ is just perfect.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Batman Begins was a very good Batman movie. The Dark Knight was an amazing Joker movie. Iron Man was a very good Iron Man movie. Spiderman 2 was a very good Spiderman/Dr. Octopus movie. Can't comment on anything before the Tim Burton Batman.

I love Watchmen and think it's by far the best superhero/comic book movie, at least going by big budget, blockbusters. I know I'm in a bottomless minority there.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really liked Watchmen too, but it's so different than your typical superhero film it's hard to compare it with Batman/Spiderman movies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have a hard time loving Watchmen because I read the graphic novel/comic first, which is truly excellent, and the movie couldn't match it's excellence.

But other than the different ending and the way-off casting choice for Ozymandias (way, way too boyish; Adrian was a mature man [closer to 40 than 20] in the book), it was an admirable effort. I still liked it.

Mood

Yeah that was my only problem with it. Ozymandias was too slimy and not gregarious enough, you were like, yeah he's the bad guy before you're supposed to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

Just watched TDK again on TNT. Parts of it don't seem as thrilling as it did in the theatre, but I freaking love that ending. So good. "He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now."
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Me not being a huge comic book/graphic novel reader (Translation: I've never read a single comic book in my life), I was wildly unimpressed with Watchmen the movie.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    I really liked Watchmen too, but it's so different than your typical superhero film it's hard to compare it with Batman/Spiderman movies.
    And that's one of the reasons I love it, because there aren't many movies like it out there. OTOH, I know it didn't live up to the source material in the way many fans expected/hoped for. I respect that. I still want to fart loudly on M. Night for Airbender. (Double fart joke, all the way.)

Btw, are you guys referring to the theatrical version? FWIW, I've only seen the Blu-ray, director's cut. For all I know the theatrical cut could be relatively poorly done. I've heard good things about the super extended cut with animation interspliced.

As for the topic, Anne is a great choice as an actress. She was strong in Rachel Getting Married and is really good in Love and Other Drugs, naked too.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Me not being a huge comic book/graphic novel reader (Translation: I've never read a single comic book in my life), I was wildly unimpressed with Watchmen the movie.
    I was wondering if I was the only one. I hated it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one.
    Really? I rarely hear people say good things about it. Most of my friends haven't heard of it, except for the nerdier ones who kind of hate it.

This article discusses the up-and-down reviews.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...isagrees.jhtml

Some snippets from http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/watchmen/.

That's most of the page. Overall score was 64%.

It does have a high IMDB score if I recall, though.

However, and most importantly, Armond White did not like it.

Neither political satire nor camp, it fails the unique, fantasy mix of classicism and modernism that distinguished both 300 and Vin Diesel’s The Chronicles of Riddick....The jumble of references, influences and icons bespeak a grab-bag cultural illiteracy disguised amidst the trivialities of adolescent fiction.

Mood

Armond White doesn't like anything good!

The extended edition of Watchmen is a far superior movie. It's better paced, it's richer in detail, and it seems much more epic.

My biggest complaint in the movie was the performance of Malin Ackerman. She blew it. and her downgraded career since reflects that.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Yeah, but Malin Ackerman has nice tits.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    My biggest complaint in the movie was the performance of Malin Ackerman. She blew it. and her downgraded career since reflects that.
    Better watch it, she's reportedly up for Lois Lane.

In other news, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is finally in talks to appear in Dark Knight Rises, and the cinematographer takes the first shot at setting the bar way too high:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/193...s-knight-rises-

Gordon-Levitt In, Pfister Talks "Knight Rises"

By Garth Franklin

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to reunite with his "Inception" director Christopher Nolan for "The Dark Knight Rises" at Warner Bros. Pictures says Deadline.

What role Gordon-Levitt will play isn't specified, the actor has previously been rumored to play the villain The Riddler. What is known is that he will be in the movie when Nolan starts production this May, after Gordon-Levitt finishes shooting the Rian Johnson-directed "Looper".

Meanwhile, cinematographer Wally Pfister has given an interview to BDK Reviews and was asked how Nolan can possibly top "The Dark Knight" to which he responded - “I asked the same question. I read the script two weeks ago, and he’s done it. Plain and simple — he’s done it. It’s a phenomenal script. He’s still in the process of cutting it back because it’s a very long script right now, but it’s really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, ‘dude, it is a perfect trilogy.’ I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it’s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.”

Asked about filming the next film in IMAX, he says “Our goal is to shoot as much in IMAX as we can. We’re going to put in on the screen, and put it on the screen big. And I really encourage everyone to see it in IMAX if they can because we’re really going for it this time. In terms of the action, we are all scratching our heads right now trying to figure out how we’re going to do it; how we’re going to do it in the amount of time we’re going to do it in. The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind.”
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have faith in these folks to at least give me something I think is good. I'll cross my fingers hoping that I ultimately think it's great.

He’s still in the process of cutting it back because it’s a very long script right now
    Here come the plot holes.

Mood

The teaser trailer is attached with Harry Potter this weekend. I just saw a bootleg someone made of it. Definitely need to see it in the usual HD quicktime, which, I'm assuming will be available in a couple of days.

After watching it twice, my initial vibes are split: Part of me is digging the tone (pretty dark, sad), part of me is still VERY nervous about Bane. He just looks 'funny' to me, still. They've got their work cut out for them making him serious, let alone menacing.

I very badly want this to be good, but I have concerns. Not only are part 3's very, very hard to do well, they had to scrap their original idea with the death of Ledger, so whatever we get is plan B.

I concluded long ago that there was no way they'd top part 2 (there is no better villain, and overall that movie was excellent), but I still want to see this one roughly on par with Begins (which I also like a lot).

Really crossing my fingers for this one!

Mood

I'm sure you've already seen the teaser poster image:

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

Here's the thing about Bane vs. Joker...Bane will be so much harder to show emotionally. It will be very difficult to make him ever appear the mental AND physical equal to Batman, which is what he's really supposed to be. I think the mask on his face will really hurt that. Part of what made the Joker so great was (admittedly this was probably mostly Ledger) the fact that we could see his facial expressions at all times. The scene where the Joker walks in with the grenades in his jacket? Priceless work there and all because of the tremendous facial expressions.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden