Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Default Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Which probably means Catwoman's making a return.

Source: Deadline

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

I'm very interested to see how they interpret Bane. He wasn't just a brute in the comics; he was smart, had resources, and made plans.

Default Re: Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'

I don't care who is in it or what it is about as long as Christopher Nolans is the director - I know it will be good.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't go wrong with Anne Hathaway. Hardy is a solid addition too. Will be interesting to see what direction they go with this one. Hopefully the rumors of The Riddler being one of the villains is true.
    Grown Man Ball

It's not the Riddler. I think Nolan confirmed as much months ago. Sounds like Bane will be the main guy, with Catwoman a possibility. I don't necessarily think we'll see her, but then again at first I didn't think we'd see Two-Face in The Dark Knight, ether.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bane is hired by someone in Gotham to take out Batman for allegedly killing Harvey Dent and the others he took the blame for.

No, Catwoman will serve as a vigilante stand in for Gotham at the start of the movie while Batman is in hiding from the cops, but the Bat will grow curious of the Cat and come out of hiding. Bane will be the main villian.

Nolan has said no Riddler or Penguin and no Robin.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Are you assuming, or did you read something about the plot?

I read it on IGN.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Link?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

And as for Selina Kyle's role in TDKR, IGN reported recently that Nolan's story will find Catwoman filling the void left by a fugitive Batman, with her vigilante activity prompting Batman's return.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I cannot really see the girl from the princess movies playing Catwoman, but in Nolan we trust.

I really want to see how Nolan treats Bane. As another poster said he was not the brute that you saw in the movie or cartoon. He is supposed to be the intellectual and physical equal of Batman.

I cannot wait for this movie.

And no one thought the guy from Brokeback Mountain could pull off the Joker either.

We ended up with one of the most iconic movie villains ever.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And no one thought the guy from Brokeback Mountain could pull off the Joker either.
    Big time. I remember a LOT of doubt over that casting choice.

The only concern I have with Catwoman is believing she can go toe-to-toe in a fight with Batman. They can't have her looking like she's his match in strength.

I seriously doubt they will do that. While it is a superhero movie, they haven't given anyone abilities that aren't realistic.

I think the best part about the movies is just how realistic they actually are.

Mood

Am I the only person in America who wasn't absolutely in love with either of the past 2 movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Am I the only person in America who wasn't absolutely in love with either of the past 2 movies?
    No movie is loved by everyone, but you're definitely in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Pretty much.

Did you like the older Batman movies more? Actually, we'll break it down. Rank your favorite Batman movie directors. There was Tim Burton (Batman and Batman Returns), Joel Schumacher (Batman Forever and Batman and Robin) and Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins and The Dark Knight). I'm interested to see everyone's opinion too. I suspect most people (myself included) will side with Nolan.

Mood

Maybe it's just the hype that ruined it for me. All I kept hearing was how great it was and how it was the film of the year. I didn't see it right away, but when I did, I enjoyed it. Great movie. But not Film of the Year like everyone seemed to make it out to be.

Batman Begins, on the other hand, I hated. It was terrible. One of 2 movies I have ever fallen asleep in.

I loved the first one, but Dark Knight left a bad taste in my mouth. Too morose, too much hype.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Nolan's Batman movies have just really struck a chord with me. I loved Begins because I really identified with Bruce Wayne and (microwave emitter aside) I loved how real it felt. I loved The Dark Knight because it just rocked with regards to execution, excitement, great moments, higher stakes, and a tremendous villain in the middle of it all. I'm a fan of each one's music as well.

I regard both very highly. TDK exceeded my expectations. I'm expecting a let down with TDKR, but I bet it'll still be pretty good.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I very much enjoyed watching both of Nolan's Batman movies but I just could not forgive him for his egregious plot holes in The Dark Knight.

He had the movie going at such a steady clip that other people didn't notice them, but I was left just completely pissed off. That's not to say that I didn't love watching the movie, because I did. I still can't let some of the idiotic sequences go. The "getting a fingerprint from a bullet by shooting a bunch of bullets that the guy never used into bricks that weren't at the crime scene" sequence led to "The Joker has predicted that I could get an impossible fingerprint from a shattered bullet and has set up an elaborate trap based on this pre-knowledge" which led to "now that the Joker has set his trap into motion, and I'm looking out a window at an assasination attempt, I'm not going to go down three flights of stairs to catch him. I'm just going to show up HOURS LATER someplace ELSE to give Harvey a lecture on noble behavior."

I've seen the movie three times. That 20 minutes is a laugh riot of absurdities.

Batman Begins, however, is solid, succinct, consistent and fairly well executed.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I liked the Dark Knight but was not a fan of Batman Begins - it felt a bit too dragged out for me and a tad on the boring side.

The Dark Knight was certainly a good flick but I also would not say it was a movie of the year for me.

I don't know if this is the consensus explanation, but I found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2171653AAZMsa9

Beats me if that's what Nolan would say to it or not, but he's a smart guy known for thinking through his scripts, so either way I'm willing to believe there's at least some logic behind it all. I don't completely get it myself.