Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibbert, you're making me sick.

Default Hibbert, you're making me sick.

Let's face it: There are a lot of things wrong with this team. Danny is a choker, our coach thinks too hard and he's an idiot, we don't have anyone to guard bigs, and our system is flawed. But in my opinion our biggest flaw is the negative production from Roy Hibbert.

Jim gave him the green light this year, built the system around him, and he's given him all the encouragement Roy could desire. After a strong first month of the season, Hibbert responds since he airballed the gamewinner at Milwaukee by doing this: 10.0 points, 7.0 rebounds on .395 shooting percentage. I've heard enough excuses.

That is miles beyond pathetic. People complain about how bad Solomon or Posey has been but quite frankly they are disregarding Roy's awfulness. At what point is it not a slump? A couple more weeks, a year? He was 1-8 last game and he was 1-2 this game and he couldn't guard anyone to save his life (its not like he tried either).

When the focal point of the offense consistently sucks what in the world do we do? Give him a month off, trade him? I'd be more patient and just give Hibbert a bench role (about 15 minutes a game), but this is scary. I don't think this is a slump. Hes lost it all.

This isn't Jim's doing. This is Roy's. Roy if you read this I want to say that you need to get your panties out of a bunch and grow a pair and quit playing like you're frightened to death. Enough is enough.

We have gone from having a mini three headed monster in Collison, Granger, and Hibbert that has some potential to nothing ever since Roy got owned by Bogut.

Am I being to hard on him?
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:

"such is life" SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31's Avatar

Default Re: Hibbert, you're making me sick.

no your not
    THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU HEAR MY VOICE , NEXT TIME YOU WILL SEE MY FACE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the problem is mental, how is the fault not at least partially JOB's? Jim repeatedly put Roy down publically when he was actually playing well.

We have a lot of players "losing it" mentally. That's generally a reflection of leadership.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I think so, if you look at this basketball system, big centers are traditionally not the big time players. This system is set up for 1-4's that can spot up and hit the open 3, the 4's that have been successful are Tony Battie, Nazr Mohammed and Mark Blount, so as you can see, a player like foster would thrive where as a player like Roy would, fail.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady#6 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the problem is mental, how is the fault not at least partially JOB's? Jim repeatedly put Roy down publically when he was actually playing well.

We have a lot of players "losing it" mentally. That's generally a reflection of leadership.
    After three years of having a mean-spirited coach, you take the harsh things he says less offensive. If he doesn't take the things he says less offensive by now, than I think he has some serious security issues.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    I think so, if you look at this basketball system, big centers are traditionally not the big time players. This system is set up for 1-4's that can spot up and hit the open 3, the 4's that have been successful are Tony Battie, Nazr Mohammed and Mark Blount, so as you can see, a player like foster would thrive where as a player like Roy would, fail.
    We re-designed the offense this year to suit Roy's strengths.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Once I saw there were 3 replies I knew one would be a "blame JOB" type reply. Can't say I am shocked. It is rainy here today, that is O'Brien's fault too.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Center is one of the toughest positions to learn for a young player. Remember Hibbert is only 24 years old. Smits was not great right away. Hibbert dare I say has the potential to be better than Rik.

Let Hibbert gain some experience. He will be solid.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

hibbert rushes his offense and is weak , he needs to put some fat back on and stand his ground otherwise he aint going to get better

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Center is one of the toughest positions to learn for a young player. Remember Hibbert is only 24 years old. Smits was not great right away. Hibbert dare I say has the potential to be better than Rik.

I understand that. With that being said Hibbert is 24 and this is his 3rd year. The "he is young/center is hard/give him time" type excuses are not as legitimate now as they have been in the past.

The thing scaring people isn't his level of production per say, it is the fact that he appears to be regressing at an alarming rate.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post

Jim gave him the green light this year, built the system around him, and he's given him all the encouragement Roy could desire.
    Built the system around him? This system is terrible for Roy.

Not that I'm making any excuses for him. The way he is playing right now he wouldn't do well in any system.

I'm not going to say he has completely lost the ability to play yet. He's too hard of a worker for this to be it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    Am I being to hard on him?
    no, your not. roy is not playing well. teams are playing him more physically and he is not dealing with it. i wish he'd start running rim to rim more. think collsion [and maybe george] would get him the ball if he could get out on the break.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31 View Post
    hibbert rushes his offense and is weak , he needs to put some fat back on and stand his ground otherwise he aint going to get better
    prefer muscle over fat. it will take time but Hibbert will get it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I understand that. With that being said Hibbert is 24 and this is his 3rd year. The "he is young/center is hard/give him time" type excuses are not as legitimate now as they have been in the past.

The thing scaring people isn't his level of production per say, it is the fact that he appears to be regressing at an alarming rate.
    Alot of his weaknesses seem to be more technique and understanding of the game that will come in time. i will reserve calling Hibbert out due to current coaching.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...so without apologies, your saying yes Hibbert is a problem. Hibbert is not the answer, and as long as I don't go kumbuya like everyone else I will continue to believe so. I have never liked Hibbert. He's slow, clumsy, can't jump and can't shoot. The only reason he is in the league is he has a ridiculously long frame that allows him to get by. Outside of his lone physical attribute and good free throw shooting, I'd say he is borderline starter at best, and that is pushing it for me. He has a chance to be better, yes, but he gets the treatment and the minutes he deserves from his coach. There I said it. Sue me. Now, continue your childish JOB whining, thank you. Peace out.

Mood

Alot of his weaknesses seem to be more technique and understanding of the game that will come in time. i will reserve calling Hibbert out due to current coaching.
    Ahh yes, I forgot. We have a team full of hall of famers(according to some on here), yet OB is ruining them all.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not buying the whole mental thing. You're a grown man Roy. Sack up and start owning the painted area again.
    Grown Man Ball

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    ...so without apologies, your saying yes Hibbert is a problem. Hibbert is not the answer, and as long as I don't go kumbuya like everyone else I will continue to believe so. I have never liked Hibbert. He's slow, clumsy, can't jump and can't shoot. The only reason he is in the league is he has a ridiculously long frame that allows him to get by. Outside of his lone physical attribute and good free throw shooting, I'd say he is borderline starter at best, and that is pushing it for me. He has a chance to be better, yes, but he gets the treatment and the minutes he deserves from his coach. There I said it. Sue me. Now, continue your childish JOB whining, thank you. Peace out.
    childish whining.? glasshouses?

Hibbert is struggling, he needs post moves no doubt. a big man coach would be very beneficial. if hibberts attitude and work ethic were poor, i might throw him under the bus like you, but i believe with his desire to succeed, and considering he is younger than 25, im willing to give him another season before making and hasty judgements.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

this thread is full of all sorts of FAIL

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

prefer muscle over fat. it will take time but Hibbert will get it.
    wateva it takes for him to stand in his ground

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    this thread is full of all sorts of FAIL
    Dare I ask why? The numbers speak for itself.

Hence my recent thread titled HIBBERT.....I don't get it? Didn't see today's game but Roy has been throwing shots up for a while now that have no chance of going in. Wasted possessions. Even in Smits early years he was never this bad a shooter was he?

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Once I saw there were 3 replies I knew one would be a "blame JOB" type reply. Can't say I am shocked. It is rainy here today, that is O'Brien's fault too.
    Well, if the shoe fits...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Roy should have been benched a while back. These have been a long two months for Roy, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Roy should have been benched a while back. These have been a long two months for Roy, that's for sure.
    should have maybe, but he is still the best big or 2nd best behind jeff. he has to play. maybe shorter stints. so he can work harder.

or maybe tyler will start to play better and soak up some of the bigs minutes.