Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

Default Re: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

So now Wade=The Team Makes perfect sense.

Your last words from what I can see, are quite pathetic. Try again.

And Like I said if Artest had been able to focus on defense we would not have had that problem.

Default Re: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

As I see it, there are 3 reasons to "dump" Scot.

1. David Harrison is progressing nicely, and is expected to, if not be in the regular rotation, can fill in as needed.

2. Management does not consider last year a "fluke", and has therefore lost all faith in Scot Pollard's abilities.

3. Management has a plan in place to better utilize his salary space.

I don't believe we'd dump him just to save money, Donnie-haters can whine all they want about us not spending the big bucks, but there's a difference between being fiscally responsible and dumping salary just for the sake of dumping salary.

Therefore, if we were to do this (notice the italicized if), that tells me that one of the above three statements, or a combination of those, is true.

Now, does Wolko fill the bill for #3? Please. Greg Foster's better. No, if we were cutting Pollard for salary reasons, that would mean we intend to use the rest of our MLE to acquire somebody with a pulse, not pull a Vin Baker and use it to sign someone we could have for the minimum.

But, I don't see anybody out there, at least with size, that's worth the coin. And yes, that includes Keon Clark. So that leads me to believe that we need to look at my first and second statements above.

We've gotten every indication that the team has resigned itself to JO being our backup center again, which I'm fine with. But, we do need someone to fill in due to foul trouble or injury, and, regardless of what Peck says, that's not Austin Croshere. Can Marvin fit the bill? He was hit-and-miss in the summer league, but Conrad has talked up how intensely he's worked out this summer. The thing is, the adjustment for big men coming into the NBA is more mental than physical, and I just don't see him contributing this year, even in a limited fashion.

Which, sadly, leaves #2. If we trade Pollard (excuse me, if we trade him), then not only has the team lost complete and total faith in him, they view him as a liability. Personally, I haven't seen that. Yeah, he sucks bad on offense, especially when the ball comes within 5 feet of him, but I've not seen anything to make me think he's not a servicable defensive and practice player.

IMO, you don't dump somebody just to dump him. In fact, Donnie's said the same thing. So, unless they've got a plan in place to fill the hole with a real player (which, again, is not Wolko, or, really, anybody else I see out there), then they must view him as a detriment to the team. We haven't heard anything like that. In public he's obviously frustrated, but he's given every impression he's more professional than some guys we've kept around.

This just doesn't fit the Pacers MO, unless I'm missing something. But again, maybe it's Larry's doing.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indiana Pacers, the subcampeón of the east.
    Love that translation

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know nothing of the guy. I agree that if he's been on two teams and gotten zip minutes of PT, there has to be a reasopn. In this instance, I say stick with POlly and see what rabbit he has up his sleeve.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

He was awful in Boston.

He couldn't get meaningful game minutes.
    He couldn't get garbage time minutes.
    He couldn't get apocolyptic post nuclear holocaust minutes.

he was the equal of Bruno Sundov on the Boston depth charts.

any other questions?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

hey Looks like Someone to Take Primoz Water and Towel Boy Position

I miss Primoz.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

For some reason my name has been invoked twice in this thread.

To the Croshere thing. You totally misunderstand my statement on Austin.

I'm just saying he is the best backup we have. I'm NOT saying that that is a good thing.

Isn't it funny how times have changed? In the 90's we always had a slew of big body's able to defend the post. Now, in truth we don't have anybody beyond O'Neal who is good at it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Where's Terry "Happy Meal" Mills when ya need him?
    [edit=136=1094573369][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just saying he is the best backup we have. I'm NOT saying that that is a good thing.
    Yeah, I know, I just can't pass up the chance to ***** with you.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Virgin ears! I didn't hear that! *Plugs ears*

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Dare I ask what must be done to make someone's ears no longer virgin?

Aural sex...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I'm trying to figure out what favor Atlanta owes us that they would take on Pollards contract for nothing. We're not even talking about a vital reserve here. We're talking about a guy with a bloated contract who barely got off the bench last year.
    Why should the Hawks do us any favors? What's in it for them???? They have capspace and if they want to use it up there are other players available that would fill their needs more capably.
    HEck, I even saw some Atlanta posters say that inorder to even this up (homer talk yes)...but in order to even this up they see it as Polly + our #1 + Tinsley for their number 2 and the cap relief it brings. Now I don't agree to this but that is just how badly the Hawks FANS think of it.

SO AGAIN, WHY WOULD THEY DO US ANY FAVORS????
    This makes absolutely no sense and I see it a some wannabe invoking the name of the Pacers just to make people think that there is some Norte Americano team interested in him.

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

How on earth can you take whatever a "Hawk" "fan" writes seriously, I mean, the fact they are "Hawk-fan" deminishes a lot of credibility doesn't it ?

But I agree it makes no sense and Tins in that discussion is as idiotic as bringing you or Btown into the discussion, though I must admit, some posters plus Polly and I might consider throwing in Larry

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Sorry Able, didn't mean to give the impression I took them seriously. I was trying to show the mood of the Hawks fans in regard to this trade talk. THey think it is VERY lopsided in our favor too, if yo're just talking Pollard for cap relief.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Billy Knight owes us *something* after trading 'Sheed to Detroit for nearly nothing in return.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

good point Jay....so does Boston.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

there were rumors earlier saying we had interest in fabricio oberto, also an argentinian center, but one who can conceivably contribute. apparently negotiations fell through. maybe next year...

we must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel if we think wolkowsky will cut it. at most he could probably hack shaq as well as anyone else i guess.

Mood

C Webb...Fushka...Shaq...Tmac...Walalalalla kiebalska........so, who's next?

Every trime a rumor comes up we are mentioned. We're good enough to interest some people and always just "not quite good enough" so our interest in somebody would be believable. Ergo, the rumor patsy's.

sweabs

One center who I'd like to see mature (in a Pacers uniform) would be Jerome Moiso.

I don't know if many of you guys know about him...he played sparingly for the Raptors this season, but is a long body with great athletic ability. I really like his rebounding/blocking skills for one. I'm sure we could get him for cheap...

Edit: I only mention him since we are on the topic of "cheap" centres...but I think we could get a deal there...
    [edit=290=1094760322][/edit]