Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

Default pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

Here I am, in Malaga, in the beach with my family, very tranquil, expecting and still celebrating the medal of gold. ..". Another player would be able to be anxious or worried about have not club to this height of the pre-season, but is not the case of Rubén Wolkowyski. The Red one was from Athens to Malaga —there the family of its wife resides Mariana— to rest and to expect news of her possible return to the NBA to play in Indiana Pacers, the subcampeón of the east. "In Greece they had said me that was all fixed, but evidently they hurried to tell me that.. Now they tell me that they need to be removed of Scott Pollard in an exchange to Atlanta so that they can sign me me", it counted the pivote.

Olé ascertained in Indiana that, for now, the Pacers only are offering a contract done not guarantee. The I Strain ratified it. "Yes, is thus, but therefore I do not go neither crazy. They tell me that they need to do that I transfer to give me an agreement guaranteed", it added. The Pacers are far above the run into salary for the next season (is of 43.9 million and Indiana is in 62) and therefore should be removed of Pollard, who will gain 5.6 million. Besides the former one pivote of Sacramento, Indiana only has 13 players with contract and barely three grandotes: Jermaine OR'' Neal, Jeff Foster and the inexperienced one David Harrison.

Rubén trusts in its return to the NBA, where passed for Seattle, you Mow and Boston. "The coach (Rick) Carlisle wants me since directed to Detroit.. It spoke me when we were in Cordoba and told me that had seen mark me well to Yao Ming, to Nowiztki, that interested it to have me. ..". The I Strain does neither see nearby an arrangement with a European club. "As it of Indiana was very serious, my agent to stopped speaking with teams of Europe and today I do not have anything. Only I know that Tomic, the technician of Olympiacos, told myself in a supper that retains me", counted. "There it will be that to expect. ..", closed.

User Thingfish said -

"Great season guys, it's a progression. 10-11 - first round vs Bulls, 11-12 - 2nd round vs Heat, 12-13 - ECF vs Heat, 13-14 - Finals "

Default Re: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

That's better than my translation from the other thread. What's clear is we want to sign he, he seems to be up to do it, but we want to first trade Scot to Atlanta (presumably for a 2nd round pick) to shave off salary. I haven't even looked up this guy's profile yet and it sounds good to me

I'll post some links to profiles if I find them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: pollard to atlanta and then to sign Rubén Wolkowyski (this has been translated from spanish)

So, it comes down to...we traded Brad Miller for a second round draft pick.

Yay.

ed:

Here is his nba.com profile (he played for Boston in 2002-2003).

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ruben_...yski/?nav=page

Absolutely nothing impressive, however he didn't get minutes either (3 per game). He's 6'10", but I like that he's 275lbs (would be the biggest guy on the team then).

If the Pacers think he can be any good, I wouldn't mind swapping him for Pollard. Let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is his nba.com profile (he played for Boston in 2002-2003).

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ruben_...yski/?nav=page

Absolutely nothing impressive, however he didn't get minutes either (3 per game). He's 6'10", but I like that he's 275lbs (would be the biggest guy on the team then).

If the Pacers think he can be any good, I wouldn't mind swapping him for Pollard. Let's do it.
    Sure, why not?

It gonna be pretty interesting when the Hawks come into town, what with Al and Scot over there...

Sports Logo

If we get rid of Pollard I would be willing to take John Starks. Well not John Starks but just about anyone else.

BS

sorry but more then a look in camp he's not worth, career shooting of around 30% ? for a C???
    his rebound numbers are pathetic to, certainly compared to the Scola numbers.

dropping Scott's contract to loosen the weight of the 62/63 mil we're at now, I can understand, but this one should be in the row of ones that were in Pacers camp earlier on.

minimum salary players there are plenty, no need for this guy.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be willing to trade Scot Pollard for a bag of chips, he's that worthless to this team.

If the Pacers can make this move, do it. This guy can't be any worse than Pollard, and he will be alot cheaper.

Who else wishes we could rewind to July 2003 and keep Brad?

just a simple question, can we get over the B.M thing, it's getting older then me and that is dangerous.

and no, this guy is worse then Scott, a LOT.

Don't think Pacers would drop Polly to add something else, this one would definitely rank behind Harrison.

and that bag of chips story, they might come in handy when hungry.

able, look at ALL the stats. he barely got minutes. the #s are essentially meaningless. There's far more to a person's game than #s they had when they played 6 minutes per game during a year. It's worthless.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

There's no way he's worse than Pollard... and didn't that translation say nonguaranteed or partially guaranteed contract?

Drop Pollard's absurd salary. Adam, that poor bag of chips is insulted that all it can get in a fair trade is Pollard. If this kid is a bust, so what? At least Pollard would be gone.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I looked at his 00/01 stats as well (Seattle) and more importantly his stats at the Olympics

shotavg = 30% avg rb = 1 per 6 minutes (defensive) 3pt shooting 1 for 15 in 6 games (one game 1/7 rest 0/x

avg playing time 23 minutes

Jay, this guy was a bust at two NBA clubs, why would he do better here ?

we had more prospects in camp (Cons) then him
    I'd say sabe the money completely

Oh and i forgot his 19% FT shooting

Quote Originally Posted by able
    Oh and i forgot his 19% FT shooting
    No, not at all a stat you throw away for being skewed

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Well, let's get the first part done... dump Pollard...

then we can worry about the next step.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

canyoufeelit

As a Boston area fan I can assure you that there is no way Pollard is worse than Ruben.

Remember this theory: "If a player does not get PT then there must be a good reason"

I am sure Pollard can contribute and sure we didn't see the real Pollard last year due to a number of reasons (back injury, carlisles system, etc)

Whereas in Ruben's case, the reason is that he may just suck
    [edit=44=1094489866][/edit]

I gotta say that I don't really like the idea of signing Ruben... There are much better centers out there... I'd really like to go after Keon Clark if we could dump Pollard...

Pollard may not be great, but we need a backup center. His contract sucks, but if we dump it for nothing, its essentially like giving up in my mind...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What happened to the notion that Pollard would be valuable against Shaq? Without an answer for Wade coupled with the the idea of Foster, Croshere, Harrison, and Wolkosomething guarding Shaq, I might buy into Peck's armageddon theory.

IMO worrying about Scot's salary now will be just as bad last year when we got caught up in th salary of another center. I don't think we can afford to dump yet another bigman on salary alone. I'd rather bank on Scot (a vet I might add) rebounding after an off year rather than getting a "no name never will be".
    [edit=43=1094496285]I had Wolko down as a has been...[/edit]
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Without an answer for Wade.

WHAT. We can stop him from owning the court, and as long as we stop that, no worries. Unless Wade and Shaq score like 70 points a game combined, no worries.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Without an answer for Wade.

WHAT. We can stop him from owning the court, and as long as we stop that, no worries. Unless Wade and Shaq score like 70 points a game combined, no worries.
    Uhh we couldn't stop him last year in the playoffs and we have basically the same backcourt defensively...

Really he owned the court thats why the heat advanced to the Conference finals.

Mood

Really he owned the court thats why the heat advanced to the Conference finals.
    He did own the court against us, I guess one of us didn't watch the playoffs last year. Anyway, our team outplayed their team, that's why we went to the conference finals. If you honestly believe that we can now contain Wade who now has one more year under his belt and also has the most dominate center alongside him then more power to you.

If he had actually owned the court they would have advanced. Not us.

Besides the 2004 Heat > 2005 Heat.

And maybe if Artest could have focused in on Defense instead he had to take up O'Neals slack.

Mood

If he had actually owned the court they would have advanced. Not us.

Besides the 2004 Heat > 2005 Heat.

And maybe if Artest could have focused in on Defense instead he had to take up O'Neals slack.
    If their team had "owned the court" against our team they would have advanced. Seeing how you faired in your argument against Soup and Kstat, I seem to be wasting my time. I have posted my last words in this thread.