Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaman available

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kaman available

I was seriously thinking today where the hell did he go?

I wish we could bring him here to play PF, but he'd struggle with Roy who is the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy backs up Kaman, and if he ever gets his head on straight again, you decide which one to trade.

I realize the Clippers might find this too pricey, but I think you might be able to sell them on it. Granger would be better for them than he is for us; he'd be like Luol Deng has become for Chicago. Great to have when he's not one of your best guys.

Very soon, this lineup could be quite formidable:

Bledsoe
    Gordon
    Granger
    Griffin
    Jordan
    I hope we don't trade Danny at all and it's pretty doubtful we will.

The trade isn't terrible actually. I mean we're trading Danny for another guy who was a recent All-Star.

I would be interested to see a few times of Roy at center and Kaman at PF.

They'd have to adjust to each other which would require a new coach.
    Last edited by Trophy; 01-15-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Roy backs up Kaman, and if he ever gets his head on straight again, you decide which one to trade.

I realize the Clippers might find this too pricey, but I think you might be able to sell them on it. Granger would be better for them than he is for us; he'd be like Luol Deng has become for Chicago. Great to have when he's not one of your best guys.
    Probably too pricey for LAC... but man I love the way you think.

Kaman is not necessarily what we need because he does not address our primary need of a quality frontcourt running mate for Hibbert. We would have spent $10M+ for a player that will still leave us in need of a quality PF. But at least we would only be on the hook for one year and could reconsider at that time.

But if we would be landing going to land a 7-pick and probably another top 7 or 8 pick from Minnesota, you at least have to think about it.

This action would certainly put a ton of faith on George developing into a very, very good player.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody who thinks the Clippers are a destination for Dunleavy should remember the way they treated his father when they let him go. It wasn't pretty, and I would think there would be continuing animosity on both sides of that equation.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Anybody who thinks the Clippers are a destination for Dunleavy should remember the way they treated his father when they let him go. It wasn't pretty, and I would think there would be continuing animosity on both sides of that equation.
    Sterlirng sues all his former coaches it wasnt a surprise to me. You can sub him for TJ and solo it is just a cap filler

Very soon, this lineup could be quite formidable:

Bledsoe
    Gordon
    Granger
    Griffin
    Jordan
    If we involved a third team that wanted expiring contracts, I think we could get this type of deal done. Clearly, we need to make some kind of move like this to get some high draft picks...along with shoring up the front line. Danny is the asset that needs to be sacrificed for the next iteration of the rebuild. Without risk folks, there is little reward.

In the meantime, we resign Dunleavy for a more reasonable contract to backup Paul George.

I do think Kaman and Roy could play together. If they both averaged 30 minutes that'd would only put on the court at the same time about 12 minutes. One thing that would be interesting would be Tyler and Kaman if you want to have some rough play in the paint.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    In the meantime, we resign Dunleavy for a more reasonable contract to backup Paul George.
    I'd just rather be patient and draft one of Jordan Hamilton or Kyle Singler. That is, unless if Brandon Knight isn't available.

If we don't get a wing in the draft, I'd rather make a run for the following instead of resigning Mike:

-Marquis Daniels. We all know he's solid, and he hasn't had injuries in a while. Sign to a short contract.
    -Nick Young. He's inconsistent, but he just had a 43 point game and then a 29 point game. He'd start for us, and then become a 6th man. He's still young, and I don't really know if he's going to be hard to get or not.
    -Tracy McGrady. Changes the pace of the game. Solid defender, and can spot up. Short contract.

If we can't get any of them, just throw Lance out to the wolves and give Paul some extended minutes. I think Mike is good, but it's time to rid ourselves of the Murphleavy thing for good.

Danny for Kaman, their 1st (which is currently the 7th pick), and the rights to Minnesota's unprotected 2012 1st?
    Please Lord. Please.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

I really really loved Kaman coming out of Central Michigan, and he has done really well for himself, but I dont think we need Kaman at all. I think somewhere like San Antonio or Orlando will go after him.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I like that if we trade Hibbert this summer once Kaman is healthy.

NO ONE is getting traded this summer.... it's called a lockout.

Any trade would have to be done now b4 the trade deadline or after the lockout ends. I'm, personally, looking for "at least" a half season lockout.

That's why I wasn't opposed to taking on some players 2 year contracts b/c a good portion or all of next season's salary wouldn't have to be paid. Thus making the contract easier to handle. Kirk H. of the Wiz b4 the Pacers got DC. I read recently the Wiz are NOW open to trading Kirk. Not surprising with the way Nick Young is playing since Arenas was traded. They'll have to get a b/u for Wall if they do. I know just the b/u PG for them that has an expiring too!

I'd be interested in Kaman as the starter, and let Hibby be the b/u while he gets his game together.

I don't know, chain leg injuries aren't very promising. I'd much prefer a Nene, even if we traded Hibbert for him while he still has value. Denver would probably take it - drop salaries, get another young piece.
    As for Hibbert+Kaman combo together on the court, I don't like it at all. Twin towers strategy might work, if they are both very good, or complement each other extremely well. In this case, it would be disastrous.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Kaman has missed 111 games due to injury since the 07-08 season. No thank you.
    Grown Man Ball

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Thats why i said IF healthy would be a good pickup

Kaman isn't the major draw here IMO. I think the Pacers need draft picks to improve their talent level and continue the rebuild.

Let's not make the same mistake as we did with Jermaine O'Neal and not recognize when it was time to move him. As Hibbert regresses, the JO trade looks worse. No question we could have had Lamar Odom and other pieces...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

I wouldn't trade Hibbert for anyone except a complete young star right now. This season doesn't matter anyways. Give him some time this offseason to bulk up. And I don't want Kaman stunting his growth for the next 2 seasons. use the 12 million in cap space for something long term.

Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar

Hibb is 24 playing for a Coach who doesn't know, and won't learn how to utilize him best. I wouldn't even think about trading any of our young guys until we at least try a new coach, especially for veterans who may or may not have peaked.
    Protect the Promise!!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to HOOPFANATIC For This Useful Post:

So, we're talking about a guy that needs a lot of touches to be effective ?? In JOBs perimeter offense ??

Well THAT won't work.

That actually took longer to come out then I expected. I know he's had injuries but so has Nene who I would also like. I don't care about an injury from 2007 as long as it's not a reoccurring injury like a back problem or knee problems that linger. Nene had testicular cancer discovered in late 07 and has been solid since returning for the past 2 full seasons.
    Kaman had a dislocated knee during the 07/08 season. Last year he played in 76 games and made the all star team so it wasn't a lingering issue. This year Kaman is dealing with an ankle injury and doesn't look to return until Feb. I would expect a clear bill of health from an expert before we took on Kaman but I don't see an ankle injury as a long term risk. We're not talking about J.O. with a lingering knee problem. We're not going to get a superstar for an expiring contract and picks. I'd rather take on Kaman or Nene then to go after a player like Randolph. I think we're either going to have to take a risk and make a trade like this or let our contracts expire and overpay for a mediocre player in free agency.

The idea of trading Granger is one I never thought of. I don't think the Clippers would consider throwing in 2 picks. If Kaman were playing right now I doubt if they'd even consider throwing in a 1st. round pick at all. If we could get 2 picks and Kaman I'd we'd have to do it. If it came to giving up Granger to get Kaman and a 1st. or giving up Dun and a 1st. to get Kaman, I'd choose the later.

We would have to trade Roy they cant play together
    Then HECK to the NO.

Thats why i said IF healthy would be a good BACKup
    fixed

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    fixed
    Kaman was an all star center im pretty sure he will start some where. Just not here and in LA

Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    Hibb is 24 playing for a Coach who doesn't know, and won't learn how to utilize him best. I wouldn't even think about trading any of our young guys until we at least try a new coach, especially for veterans who may or may not have peaked.
    THANK YOU