Thread: Maybe we should take a look at Paul George starting.

Threaded View

Default Maybe we should take a look at Paul George starting.

Let me get something out of the way before I get started; Mike Dunleavy is one of my favorite players. I am not critical of him at all. He's just not a good fit for Danny. I also want to say this; I may love Paul George, but I am not going to be biased when it comes to other players like others are with Hansbrough when Josh was starting.

The main reason for my proposal is that Paul George can create for himself and others. Dunleavy and Rush don't have that ability. He needs a more solid role as he's been pretty good in pretty limited minutes. He's showing some crazy abilities, and his shot selection is better than Mike's. Rush's team defense isn't very good not to mention that he's kind of fallen off of a cliff since the beginning of the season when he was showing off his handles and driving ability.

We also need transition buckets. Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough will get those. Paul George is also the future. Even though he's going to give us some headaches, he is going to be here while Mike most likely is not. In Rush's three years, he's defined his role (sixth man). George has potential and not only will he get better with more playing time, but he's also already better than our other options.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post: