Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: N.Y. dealing Anthony Randolph for a pick/ possible pacers

Banned

Default Sources: N.Y. dealing Anthony Randolph for a pick/ possible pacers

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...e=NBAHeadlines

Sources: N.Y. dealing Anthony Randolph

The New York Knicks will trade Anthony Randolph for a first-round draft pick within the next two weeks, according to league sources.

Minnesota, Indiana and Portland are among the likeliest destinations.

A. Randolph

The Knicks' ideal scenario is to use the first-round pick they acquire for Randolph in a package for Denver's Carmelo Anthony. But the Randolph trade is not completely related to New York's pursuit of Anthony.

While the Nuggets and New Jersey Nets continue to discuss a possible three-team trade with the Detroit Pistons that would make Anthony a Net, the Knicks are seeking teams that might help them sweeten a potential offer to Denver.

The Knicks reached out to Memphis recently to discuss sending O.J. Mayo to Denver, but the Nuggets have made it known that they have no interest in Mayo.

Sources with knowledge of the Nuggets and Nets discussions said the two clubs have yet to reach an agreement in principle, and that talks are likely to drag out over the next week or so.

Anthony's willingness to go to New Jersey is a key holdup of the potential trade, as the All-Star forward has not agreed to sign the three-year, $65 million extension that is a prerequisite for the deal.

Even as the tension surrounding the Nuggets grows, sources maintain that Anthony is in no hurry and that he has not ruled out playing the entire season in Denver and signing with the Knicks as a free agent.

The problem with that scenario -- and one of the main reasons Anthony has not shut the door on New Jersey completely -- is that the upcoming collective bargaining agreement could force Anthony to settle for millions of dollars less. Also, the Knicks may not have enough room to offer Anthony a max deal (whatever that may look like under the new rules) unless they renounce Wilson Chandler.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Sources: N.Y. dealing Anthony Randolph for a pick/ possible pacers

I hope so. Our first round pick isn't going to get us anyone. Maybe Kyle Singler or someone like Marcus Morris. I'd rather have Anthony Randolph. He's only 21.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Yup, lets do it, were just gonna pick around 20 anyway and get nothing,.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

I'm guessing it is us.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

I bet he's going to Minnesota.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, lets do it, were just gonna pick around 20 anyway and get nothing,.
    20?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd go for it - this draft looks completely hit or miss across the board. Plus, news of Irving and Barnes maybe going back for another year, plus we won't be in range of any of the top talent anyway.

can we give them TJ too?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    can we give them TJ too?
    TJ Ford and Travis Best make me question why I like little point guards. They make me want to die.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hopefully he can become a decent guy off the bench and help this team's post defense if we do acquire him.

Please TJ Ford.

We definitely need him more than Minnesota and Portland. We need any kind of big man we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Hopefully he can become a decent guy off the bench and help this team's post defense.
    Anthony Randolph would start for us. That isn't a bash on Hansbrough or Josh, but Randolph is just a better player.

Banned

I don't think he will play if they get him, he is not the type of player JOB likes(can't shoot the three, too young and is too fast for his liking)

The only players that work in a trade for Randolph are Dahntay and Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    Anthony Randolph would start for us. That isn't a bash on Hansbrough or Josh, but Randolph is just a better player.
    For the first few games, we'd probably let him come off the bench and let him adjust to playing rotation minutes again and the other players on this team.

The PF rotation of Randolph and Tyler would be pretty good.

We may as well...

If it is going to cost us a 1st rounder, I really don't care where Randolph goes, as long as it's not here.

First off, Randolph adds nothing to our team... he is not playing any better than our current PFs. So why in the world would we want to spend a first rounder on a marginal player that is also redundant?

Secondly, I would hope that a 1st round pick would be much better used in a trade that would net us a lot better player than Randolph... so hold out for a later opportunity.

Our pick certainly will NOT be as low as 20 as stated by an earlier poster. If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs, we will have one of the two worst records of teams in the playoffs. So, our pick will be no worse than 16th. On the upper end, unless we totally tank, it will be no better than 13th.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

If he continues to add more weight and strength, his post defense can become a lot better.

He reminds me of JaVale McGee on the defensive end so far.

He's a good shot blocker around the post.

Banned

It would also suck if Larry helps Donnie get Melo, making it harder for the Pacers to do anything.

It's Minnesota, we're only mentioned b/c of the rumor we were offering a 1st over the summer.

Though I wouldn't mind it being us, as I don't like Granger at the 4, and I would prefer Randolph backing up Hansbrough over anyone else on the team.

Thing is, if it is us, we have to free a roster spot or throw in a player as well

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

Thing is, if it is us, we have to free a roster spot or throw in a player as well

Please. Please dear Lord.

Why all the love for Anthony Randolph? I'm confused...when was the last time you saw this guy play? If he comes here he'll be injured in a month. Let's give up a first round pick where we will be drafting anywhere from 10 to 16 more than likely for a guy that can't get off then bench in New York. I'll take my chances in the lottery or with an early playoff pick. Pass...
    Here we come lottery?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Not a fan, personally. Would rather package our first-rounder for something else (starting-caliber PF?).

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

There's no need to waste a 1st round pick on a player that won't get off the inactive list.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

we need a tough big man but how is he now

is he a tougher guy and actually have muscle and weight
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 01-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post

we need a tough big man but how is he now

is he a tougher guy and actually have muscle and weight
    That's the NBA for you. NO BOYS ALLOWED. Granted the kid was extremely young and extremely embarrassed. He got a little emotional. that doesnt minimize his toughness. Sometimes people get so angered that they get misty eyed. I'd be all for picking up AR. Some say he's redundant but the only player we have that is Comparable is Josh. He's miles ahead of Josh offensively and with the added bulk I'd say he'd be an asset defensively.

AR, Josh, Roy and Tyler would be a good collection of young bigs as all would compliment each others game.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post: