Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Monta Ellis?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Monta Ellis?

    what do u guys think of him, would u trade granger for him?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    no he doesnt play defense ( granger hasnt of late ethier)

  3. #3
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,279

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    I wouldn't trade Rush for Monta...and I want Rush coming off the bench.

  4. #4
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    I wouldn't do this and especially not for Danny.

    I'm happy with Brandon and Paul who are better defender playing SG for this team.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Monta is my favorite player, I watch most GSW games....I would trade Granger for him in a second.
    Here we come lottery?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:


  7. #6

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    I'm shocked.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't trade Rush for Monta...and I want Rush coming off the bench.
    now thats crazy talk

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Monta is best suited as a scoring 6th man coming off the bench for a contending team. Kind of the way Orlando is using Gilbert Arenas now. And he wouldn't be overpaid in that role, as a designated 6th man (like Ginoboli has been) is often a 3rd or 4th best player on a really good team.

    As a franchise player to build around, Monta isn't taking your team anywhere. But put him in the right role and he'd be an excellent contributor to a contending team.

  11. #9
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,600
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    What is his contract situation? It is a move I would be willing to consider.

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is his contract situation? It is a move I would be willing to consider.
    He signed a 6 year, $66M deal and has 3 remaining years on his deal after this one.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    11mil 11mil 11mil

    Monta Ellis is better then anyone on the Pacers.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11mil 11mil 11mil

    Monta Ellis is better then anyone on the Pacers.
    Thats not saying much

  17. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11mil 11mil 11mil

    Monta Ellis is better then anyone on the Pacers.
    Granger is a better player than Monta, but neither guy is Batman.

    Both guys are likely 3rd best players on a title contending team (Monta might be a 4th on some).

  18. #14

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    It's pretty obvious a few of you have not seen a lot of Monta Ellis this year or last. He's a lot better then Granger. And defense? I'm sorry, but Granger's defense isnt that much better then Ellis. And Ellis can get to the hoop anytime he wants. And he finishes. He doesnt miss routine layups like someone I know wearing #33 on the Pacers. He also has a really nice jump shot. He doesnt camp the 3 point line. He would be fantastic to pair with DC. And the Pacers could move Rush the SF. The contracts matchup as well.

    I've watched a lot of Monta Ellis this year. He's really good. @ him being more suited to come off the bench.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  20. #15

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger is a better player than Monta, but neither guy is Batman.

    Both guys are likely 3rd best players on a title contending team (Monta might be a 4th on some).
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Monta Ellis is a top 25 player in this league. Granger isnt even close right now. 25ppg, 5 assist, 3 rebound, 2 stls, 46%fg .

    You might try watching Ellis play before you say he's a 4th on a contending team.

  21. #16
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might try watching Ellis play before you say he's a 4th on a contending team.


    ...... you realize you're talking to a Warriors fan, correct?

  22. #17

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    ...... you realize you're talking to a Warriors fan, correct?
    That's even more mind boggling then. I have the Warriors on my league pass and have seen about 20 games. Ellis is outstanding.

  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty obvious a few of you have not seen a lot of Monta Ellis this year or last. He's a lot better then Granger. And defense? I'm sorry, but Granger's defense isnt that much better then Ellis. And Ellis can get to the hoop anytime he wants. And he finishes. He doesnt miss routine layups like someone I know wearing #33 on the Pacers. He also has a really nice jump shot. He doesnt camp the 3 point line. He would be fantastic to pair with DC. And the Pacers could move Rush the SF. The contracts matchup as well.

    I've watched a lot of Monta Ellis this year. He's really good. @ him being more suited to come off the bench.
    I agree with all of this. Granger is clearly a better defender when he wants to plaay defense. But the guy can just flat out score the basketball and finish with the best of them

  24. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Monta Ellis is a top 25 player in this league. Granger isnt even close right now. 25ppg, 5 assist, 3 rebound, 2 stls, 46%fg .

    You might try watching Ellis play before you say he's a 4th on a contending team.
    I watch him play all the time and the guy isn't a Top 25 player. He piles up stats on a losing team, often plays selfishly and good defenses that are prepared for him can shut him down when it really matters.

  25. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watch him play all the time and the guy isn't a Top 25 player. He piles up stats on a losing team, often plays selfishly and good defenses that are prepared for him can shut him down when it really matters.
    hate to say it but that sounds like Danny Granger 2.


    Monta has 26pts 2 nite while battling foul trouble. He has pg skills at the 2 which would help our team a lot.

  26. #21
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Ellis is one hell of a scorer. He's also seemed to find a jump shot this year too. However he's not a point guard, and he's not big enough to be a SG. He's stuck in between. He's also in the top 10 in the NBA in turnovers, and has the lowest assist/to ratio of anyone that's not a PF/C on that list. He's got plenty of flaws as a player, and I don't think he'd ever accept a 6th man role. Just a hunch.

    Granger 2 years ago is head and shoulders above Monta Ellis. Granger this year, however ..... probably close to even.

  27. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ellis is one hell of a scorer. He's also seemed to find a jump shot this year too. However he's not a point guard, and he's not big enough to be a SG. He's stuck in between. He's also in the top 10 in the NBA in turnovers, and has the lowest assist/to ratio of anyone that's not a PF/C on that list. He's got plenty of flaws as a player, and I don't think he'd ever accept a 6th man role. Just a hunch.

    Granger 2 years ago is head and shoulders above Monta Ellis. Granger this year, however ..... probably close to even.
    I said he has pg skills handles court vision not he is a pg.

  28. #23
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said he has pg skills handles court vision not he is a pg.
    I didn't even see your post when I posted mine. I wasn't refuting anything you said.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  30. #24

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watch him play all the time and the guy isn't a Top 25 player. He piles up stats on a losing team, often plays selfishly and good defenses that are prepared for him can shut him down when it really matters.
    There's a lot of guys getting big stats on bad teams. That really doesnt mean anything honestly. Granger is one of them by the way.

    As far as selfish play, he's shooting 46% which is pretty good for an elite scorer. He's still dishing 5 dimes a game and he getting 2 steals a game. I can deal with the 3 TO's a game if he's giving me that kind of production.

    The games i've watched, i havent seen him get totally shut down. The other night, against the Clippers, he only went for like 15 points or something, but he had the flu. There was one against the Spurs i saw that he was held in check, but all in all, his bad games are few and far between.

  31. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Monta Ellis?

    Kevin durant doesnt get a lot of assist either

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to itzryan07 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis has mild left knee sprain [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 02:10 AM
  3. Sources: No more penalties for Golden State Warriors' Monta Ellis [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:40 PM
  4. Monta Ellis Lied
    By RandyWrinkles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •