View Poll Results: Of the top teams in the East, who would you rather face in the first round?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston

2 4.35%
  • Miami

28 60.87%
  • Chicago

7 15.22%
  • Atlanta

4 8.70%
  • Orlando

5 10.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we make the playoffs, who would you rather face in the first round?

Question If we make the playoffs, who would you rather face in the first round?

^

Personally I would rather face the Bulls if I had to pick between those 5. Reason being is I just feel that over the course of at least 4 games in a row, whatever matchup advantages the Bulls have initially I think our roster has the type of players that can make the necessary adjustments to stymie those advantages. In addition, I also feel that our roster is deeper than the Bulls and that on any given night one of our "unknowns" has the ability to go off for a big game. If I look at the Bulls roster and compare it to the other top teams in the conference, the Bulls appear to have the least experienced playoff roster of them all... coach included.

who would you guys rather face?

*edit* I'll beat some of you to the punch and say it... "PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! I just hope we can win a game!"
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 01-14-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If we make the playoffs, who would you rather face in the first round?

Miami, no way they can compete with our bigs. Or Collison at the point for that matter. They aren't deep either. Let one of the big three go down and I see a reasonable chance to advance to the next round for our squad.

Default Re: If we make the playoffs, who would you rather face in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by pathil275 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami, no way they can compete with our bigs. Or Collison at the point for that matter. They aren't deep either. Let one of the big three go down and I see a reasonable chance to advance to the next round for our squad.
    of the top teams, miami is the best matchup for the B&G. i do know i don't want the pacers to get BOS or the ATL.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ignoring the match-ups, which I think Miami isn't all that bad of a match-up for us anyway, Miami is the best pick for the exposure and attention the Pacers would receive alone.

Even if they got swept by the Heat, having the chance to get 2 home playoff games against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would be huge for this franchise.

Miami

We actually matchup well with them, and as Mackey said they exposure will be good.

miami because they seem to be the best right now. we shouldn't look at it as teams we can beat because honestly, this pacers team is going nowhere if they make the playoffs. i'd rather play the best and see what our guys are made of. so miami, followed by a healthy boston.

I don't care who we play, as long as we are playing and they don't embarrass themselves.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody but ATL...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Miami by far, both from a matchup perspective and a fame/attention perspective.

Miami, so I can go.

I dont wanna play Miami because tickets will go fast as hell, and if you dont jump on it, those crack head scalpers down town are gonna charge an arm and a leg.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

I'd also agree with Miami.

Mood

Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league and they have 2 future HOFers on there team i dont want to play them. I just want to make the playoffs whoever we play im fine with.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league and they have 2 future HOFers on there team i dont want to play them. I just want to make the playoffs whoever we play im fine with.
    That is essentially why I would want to play them. The exposure would be huge.

If we get into the playoffs, it is going to be as the 7th or 8th seed. Assuming that Boston and Miami are the top two seeds, which I think is a fairly safe assumption, we can't beat Boston in a 7 game series. We probably can't beat Miami in a 7 game series, but we would have a better chance than against the Celtics.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

I'm saying ATL.

Only problem is Horford gives Hibbert problems. However, Bibby can't keep up with Collison and Johnson is having one of the worst years of his All-Star level career. If Hibbert can grow up and make Horford play his game, then thats our best shot.

Orlando, Miami, Boston, and Chicago all have too much firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    That is essentially why I would want to play them. The exposure would be huge.

If we get into the playoffs, it is going to be as the 7th or 8th seed. Assuming that Boston and Miami are the top two seeds, which I think is a fairly safe assumption, we can't beat Boston in a 7 game series. We probably can't beat Miami in a 7 game series, but we would have a better chance than against the Celtics.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    At positions we can actually guard.

Rush can do a good job on DWade, and when Danny is motivated, he can guard players well too.

Then we have the advantage at Center and Point guard..and lets be honest..Tyler would drive Bosh nuts.

We of course, would have the fact that DWade and Lebron are much better players than anyone on our team..and the refs..going against us. But in terms of matchups...Miami is a heck of a lot better than Boston or Orlando.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I'm saying ATL.

Only problem is Horford gives Hibbert problems. However, Bibby can't keep up with Collison and Johnson is having one of the worst years of his All-Star level career. If Hibbert can grow up and make Horford play his game, then thats our best shot.

Orlando, Miami, Boston, and Chicago all have too much firepower.
    Atlanta has clearly established themselves as a horrible matchup for us.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Ignoring the match-ups, which I think Miami isn't all that bad of a match-up for us anyway, Miami is the best pick for the exposure and attention the Pacers would receive alone.

Even if they got swept by the Heat, having the chance to get 2 home playoff games against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would be huge for this franchise.
    Exactly why I chose Miami, too! Having a packed house for 2 games would provide a very big boost in Pacers awareness - especially if they could win one of the first 3 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

When did the tank leave the area. and I thought we were starting to discuss draft picks. I cannot keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Atlanta has clearly established themselves as a horrible matchup for us.
    The only horrible matchup is Hibbert vs Horford, which is why I brought up Roy maturing. Smith is going to play great, but Hansbrough might at least annoy him out of his regular play.

Bibby can't keep up with Collison and like I said Johnson is having a bad year, plus we'd have Brandon on him.

It would depend on Roy growing up.

I'm not saying we could beat them, just that they are our best bet. I like Mackey's point about the Heat though.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    When did the tank leave the area. and I thought we were starting to discuss draft picks. I cannot keep up.
    Two game win streak - wait until the next loss and the tank will be back.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Just get in the playoffs, and I'll be happy this season. If we could put up a good show, like Atlanta gave Boston a couple years ago, it would be great for the franchise -- and maybe I wouldn't catch so much crap for wearing my Pacers gear around town. I think we could play Miami and Boston tough, and I'll have to reserve judgment on Orlando until after we play them later this month.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Banned

New Jersey?

I'm going with Miami for the exposure and the experience. Especially if we win more than 1 game. I don't think well get swept.

Then Boston. For the same reasons.