Thread: I was just wondering about Tinsley

Default I was just wondering about Tinsley

I have a few questions.

1. I was reading this on the Pacers website.

"Took a major step toward stardom -- so much so, in fact, Larry Bird identified him as the player most likely to join Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest in the All-Star Game in the future."

And I was wondering if that has changed now that we have Stephen Jackson.

2. Has his leg healed I haven't heard anything about it.

3. You think the league will give him more credit. It seems like they underrate him all the time.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I was just wondering about Tinsley

I think he could become an All-Star.I think his leg has had the same time J.O.'s knee has had and it should at least be 80-85% by now.Yes you would think the league would give him more credit but after all we are just small town Indiana.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I'm pretty intrigued by Steven Jackson. He could really really help us out at shooting guard... It's been a while since I didn't go into every game feeling like we were overmatched at the 2. If S.Jax could change that, it would really affect our team this year.

I don't see why Tinsley can't enter this year at or better than 100%. Montieth says he's been training hard all summer, and this is actually the first time in his pro career that he ended the season at roughly the same weight as he started it. That's a pretty big deal, when you think about it. He's always spent the first part of the summer working off the extra weight he picked up over the season, and the last part of the summer preparing for the next season. With a training camp and a whole summer of work on top of the improvements he made last season, he could be pretty formidable this fall.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tinsley isn't going to put up alot of points. That is the only thing that will keep him from being an all-star.

He is a true PG and knows when it is his time to shoot the ball. On this team, that isn't very often.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCislandWarrior
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley isn't going to put up alot of points. That is the only thing that will keep him from being an all-star.

He is a true PG and knows when it is his time to shoot the ball. On this team, that isn't very often.
    I agree with that.Tinsley is a true PG and his scoring averges are the only thing that keep him from being a All-Star.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be honest , I hated Tinsley more than I did AJ this past year and that's alot of hate. Soon as KA got hurt last year and I seen tinsley and I just shook my head in disappointment , I would say after the all star break is when I started saying hey this Tinsley guy is GOOOOOD !!!

I don't think Tinsley gets enough credit , he was a big key to our victories this last season , yeah he doesn't score a ton of points but then again he is a pure point gaurd. Which is something that seems to be hard to find these days in the NBA , I would rather see Tinsley stick to what he does best , runing the offense and good ball distribution , his timely 3's are nice also sometimes

Probably the biggest reason I cringe when AJ is in the game is we seem to lose that offensive smoothness we have when tinsley is in the game , that can be frustrating to watch and sometimes painful.

If Tinsley can improve even more this next year which I think he will if he get's back 100% from his injuries before the season and dodge's major injuries. I think Alot of people in the League are gonna have to start giving Tinsley some props this next year around the league , If SJ can come in and make a contribution which I don't doubt that he won't . We should have a very good season baring in major injuries to key players and I think we have a very legitimate shot at a Title this next season.

I can't wait til the season starts , because it should be a exciting year , it's just right around the corner folks

With the quicker offense Carlisle is going to be using next season, that may benefit Tinsley alot. It just seems to me that Tinsley is the type of point guard that would thrive in a running game. The only problem that worries me is if he got to wreckless. But one thing I know Carlisle to not run is a wreckless offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tinsley get more props by leading the Pacers to their second best record seasson in a row, and lead them to the finals.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's possible. There simply aren't a lot of great points in the NBA now. Kidd and Payton's careers are winding down, which, IMO, leaves Bibby as the best PG in the NBA. Tins has as much chance as anyone of getting there, if he continues to improve his shot and defense.

A year ago, I NEVER would have even considered saying that.

I'm so glad that we have Tinsley around for the long haul, he is really going to be a great fixture on this team for many years to come.

Alot of people say that it takes 3 years to learn the point guard position, and Tinsley just completed his third year. I think this year, we are really going to see alot of good stuff out of him.

I don't think Tinsley has the numbers (either in points or assists) to draw the attention to be an All-Star. Plus, he's never going to be a top two player on his team.

And while there aren't a ton of great PGs, there are some other guards in the East who have yet to be All-Stars who I think are ahead of Tinsley in the pecking order (LeBron, Billups, Hamilton, Wade). But I guess you also have to consider that McGrady and Baron Davis have left the East, and Steve Francis and maybe Payton have entered it.

[edit=237=1094486182][/edit]
    [edit=237=1094486309][/edit]

I know this ain't going to happen, but I would love it if both Tinsley and Jackson were all-stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    I know this ain't going to happen, but I would love it if both Tinsley and Jackson were all-stars.
    Wouldn't we all?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

What's Tinsley's contract situation? Isn't he due for an extension?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    What's Tinsley's contract situation? Isn't he due for an extension?
    I think hes a FA after this year.I have heard they may offer him a new contract before the start of the season.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions