Thread: Camelo: "I'm not Chris Bosh"

Mood

Default Camelo: "I'm not Chris Bosh"

Wow. I thought all of the main guys on the 'Redeem Team' were pretty close friends. Not saying that isn't true, but I wouldn't have expected one of them to say something like this about one of the others.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...ot-chris-bosh/
    No author
    SlamOnline

If and when ‘Melo leaves the Mile High City, he promises not to leave the way a certain former Raptor did. From the NY Post: “The lines of communication already had been connected almost immediately after the exaggerated trade report surfaced. Ever since the ‘news’ hit the doorstep, Kroenke and Ujiri have sought out Anthony for opinions on team matters, just as he’s gone to them with suggestions. Both sides now know exactly what must be done. He wants to see the team improved within the next three months, or shown a plausible plan to get better this summer. He promises not to leave his team hanging. ‘I’m not Chris Bosh,’ Anthony declared. ‘We’re not the same person. What I do will be straight up. Management knows that.’ Considering Anthony’s tentative Nuggets future, management has an almost impossible assignment. How do you get better when you’ve got to give up an asset to get one? How do you buy a wheel for a car that might soon be repossessed? How do you do balance business and justice when Martin and J.R. Smith are rising free agents and Chauncey Billups can be bought out of next season’s $14.2 million obligation for $3.75 million? The key is not to make hasty decisions. The idea is to see how things play out in the standings over x-amount of games so fantasy can be separated from reality. The hope is to get Martin and Andersen back on the court. If Karl, who’s back holding players accountable, and the two brutes were at the top of their defensive game, would Anthony be tempted to leave?”

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Camelo: "I'm not Chris Bosh"

Well I think Melo has always been close with Lebron and Wade. I think Bosh has always kind of been the guy who wishes he got to hang out with the cool kids and it just so happened his contract was up with Wade and Lebron so he got to be cool with them for a while.

Melo could have very easily swapped Bosh with Lebron and it probably would have been a more accurate statement. I just don't think they view Bosh as being on their level.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'm sick of all these cats. As a fan, you almost hesitate to root for these guys. Who knows how long they'll stick around.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I think Melo has always been close with Lebron and Wade. I think Bosh has always kind of been the guy who wishes he got to hang out with the cool kids and it just so happened his contract was up with Wade and Lebron so he got to be cool with them for a while.

Melo could have very easily swapped Bosh with Lebron and it probably would have been a more accurate statement. I just don't think they view Bosh as being on their level.
    I know that Melo has done more then Bosh ( in terms of taking his team further into the Playoffs ), but I don't think that Melo is that much higher on the "food chain" then Bosh is.

I simply don't think that Melo should even be mentioned in the same breath as Lebron or Wade.....much less even mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe.

IMHO....if the Nuggets are smart enough to ignore Melo's wishes and simply ship him off to the Nets for the standing offer price....then they are lucky. The Nets IMHO are overpaying for a Player like Melo.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I'm sick of all these cats. As a fan, you almost hesitate to root for these guys. Who knows how long they'll stick around.
    I already dislike Melo. The guy is trying to avoid the bad PR rep that Lebron got with all the garbage that he pulled....but IMHO...he's only doing a "slightly" better job then Lebron did. His indecision and "maybe I will, maybe I won't sign an extension with the Nets" response is what's bothering me.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I already dislike Melo. The guy is trying to avoid the bad PR rep that Lebron got with all the garbage that he pulled....but IMHO...he's only doing a "slightly" better job then Lebron did. His indecision and "maybe I will, maybe I won't sign an extension with the Nets" response is what's bothering me.
    The part that I don't like is that he (supposedly) informed Nugs he's not re-signing months ago and gave them 'the list', and now we hear that he might still re-sign. He should be clear about it.

As for extension, can't blame him. That would be cool for the Nugs, they'd be able to rob the other team with extension in place. But it would be bad for Melo, he'd have to play on a stripped down team for years to come. You can't ask a player to ignore his own interests. The Nugs can get a compensation even without an extension in place, and they aren't entitled to a young star or 5 picks in return.

Informing your team in time, letting them get something back - that's cool, shows good character. Saying 'I'm deff re-signing with Nets' - that hurts his interests, limits his options. Can't ask him to be a saint for the Nugs. Maybe the Nets get him for a couple picks, can trade for another star or win the next Chris Paul in the draft? He could resign after the draft, till June 31, instead of resigning with a skeleton of Nets now.
    Last edited by ballism; 01-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's at least leaving a decent team.

The only reason he wants to go to the Nets is because he wants to be near NY.

Well I'm not sure yet that he 'wants' to go to the Nets. The sources keep denying each other. Wouldn't surprise me if he does want to be there, his wife works in NY, his child lives there - among many other reasons. And Nuggets haven't exactly been the team with a plan the last decade. Opportunistic trades for old-ish big names can only get you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    I was never real high on melo or bosh for that matter. Like him or hate him lebron is great, but honestly i think wade is the best of the bunch
    Yea, I think Bosh and Melo have consistently been overrated just because of their draft class and the media wants to make it out to be the 'greatest class in the entire history of the NBA'.

Lebron, I've NEVER liked both because of his personality, his media coverage, and the fact he gets to travel and charge like crazy... but I'll admit he's a great player (still a crap shooter, regardless of media people saying otherwise). Wade is Wade.