Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

Default DeAndre Jordan

This guy is really coming on strong lately especially on the defensive end. I wonder if he would be available once Kaman comes back. He would be a perfect fit at our 4.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

At the 4? No thanks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

he isnt a 4 he is a 5. He will be a free agent this offseason. But the clipps really like him. You are gonna have to over pay. He is far from a "perfect fit at the 4" but he is a "perfect fit" at the backup 5

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

thedoddage was all about drafting him coming out of a&m. jordan was a top 10 kid out of high school and was very solid at a&m. more teams should have looked to take a chance on him, including the pacers. he's still got too much of david harrison's personality for my liking but definitely has some potential.
    Last edited by croz24; 01-03-2011 at 08:19 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's one of the sleepers for our upcoming offseason. He's got the physical tools to be a great rebounder and defender. Could be another Kendrick Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's one of the sleepers for our upcoming offseason. He's got the physical tools to be a great rebounder and defender. Could be another Kendrick Perkins.
    Thats pretty much an apt description there. I like him alot after seeing what he has done over the last month. Though I think its more likely Kamen is traded away than Jordan. He and Griffin are going to become a dynamic duo on the front court. Those guys Jam off each other so easy. They make Baron Davis look like a good PG again.

would you offer him the mid-level ?

its questionable

but as a 6'11 23-year old he's probably going to get that salary.....whether he deserves it or not

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Thats pretty much an apt description there. I like him alot after seeing what he has done over the last month. Though I think its more likely Kamen is traded away than Jordan. He and Griffin are going to become a dynamic duo on the front court. Those guys Jam off each other so easy. They make Baron Davis look like a good PG again.
    Bold is truth. His value has grown lately just because he's been around these guys. I, for one, would love to have Jordan on the team, because he's not afraid to work through the post and jam on someone. And he's developing, so it'd be great to pick him up now.

However, on top of everything, you have to look at what Danny said about the Pacers as a market, and take that into consideration when you consider someone leaving Los Angeles (granted, it's the Clippers) for Indianapolis. Especially if the Clips front office over-pays, I'm not totally expecting DJ to sign with the Pacers of his own will, over anyone else.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer in Your Face View Post

its questionable

but as a 6'11 23-year old he's probably going to get that salary.....whether he deserves it or not
    I watch every clipper game and yes i would offer him Mid level. 3 in the league in dunks in just 22 mins. He shoots 70% from the field. He is a athelthic freak and rebs well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

13 blocks in his last 2 games. Nuff said.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady#6 For This Useful Post:

I mentioned DeAndre Jordan in a thread prior to X-mas, but didn't get much of a response. My feeling is the Clippers will re-sign Jordan and trade Kaman. I read today, somewhere, that Kaman could be traded by the Clippers.

Another young'n that's laying fallow, that I like, is Marreese Speights. He played last night as a starter due to Hawes injury. He's only getting 12 minutes a game this year. I'd definately be interested in a trade for him. Combining him in an Iggy trade would really be sweet!!!! If not, just getting Marreese would make me happy.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer in Your Face View Post

its questionable
    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I watch every clipper game and yes i would offer him Mid level. 3 in the league in dunks in just 22 mins. He shoots 70% from the field. He is a athelthic freak and rebs well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    13 blocks in his last 2 games. Nuff said.
    It's not questionable.

He's starting now, and I'd give him the same job here if Roy happened to be going through a slump. You know, like he is now. Regardless, he'd be great to back-up Roy, adding athleticism and some more dunks to get our fans (and players) energized. It would also be nice to have someone bigger AND better than Solo to challenge Roy in practice and push him to play harder in games.

I would definitely pay a person to do that job, and I'd use James Posey's contract to do it.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

He is definitely worth the MLE. He is an amazing prospect for a free agent, he is the most athletic center in the NBA besides JaVale McGee, and he is probably going to be the best shot blocker in the league one day.

I'd happily offer him the MLE for three years. Then we get great 3rd big play for three years and get a big time change of pace when we bring Hibbert out.

On another more lighthearted note, I remember seeing this one day and I found it:

Last edited by hoops_guy; 01-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    He is definitely worth the MLE. He is an amazing prospect for a free agent, he is the most athletic center in the NBA besides JaVale McGee, and he is probably going to be the best shot blocker in the league one day.

I'd happily offer him the MLE for three years. Then we get great 3rd big play for three years and get a big time change of pace when we bring Hibbert out.
    He'll get more than mid-level, wouldn't he? Some size-starved team will overpay for him.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Rather have Jordan than Solo. A guy I think would be worth trading for is Jordan Hill from the Rockets. Was a top 10 pick a couple of years ago and is definetely attainable
    Murph

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPride33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    He'll get more than mid-level, wouldn't he? Some size-starved team will overpay for him.
    Quite possibly, but I hope not. I just remember coming across a couple posts here a while back talking about offering him like 4 years/ 12 mill or even something close to vet. minimum.

He's only averaging 6.4 and 6.5 in 24 minutes. That's not his value though obviously but I don't think with those numbers a team would sign him to a Tyrus Thomas or Drew Gooden contract.

He's a lot like Birdman of '08 on steroids, more size, and has huge potential. He has .686 fg%, 1.5 blocks, and 2.3 offensive rebounds. Another downside though is that he's easily the worst free throw shooter than anyone will ever see in their lifetime.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    most likely plus the guy has tons of pontential which will get him overpaid. He look 100% better than he did last yr the kid is putting it together in limted time last game he had 7 blocks 12 rebs 6 pts not bad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    Rather have Jordan than Solo. A guy I think would be worth trading for is Jordan Hill from the Rockets. Was a top 10 pick a couple of years ago and is definetely attainable
    I would love for the Pacers to acquire Jordan Hill. He has yet to really get his chance to shine in the NBA. Whenever he does get that chance, he will prove why he was a top 10 pick.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Here is the deal the clippers have a core of 5 which is Blake, Eric Gordon, Eric Bledsoe, Aminu and DeAndre Jordan. Every one eles on the roster is expendable. So im pretty sure DeAndre will be a clipper next yr unless the pacers really overpay.

The point here - other than Griffin and Gordon (and probably Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan), the Clippers have pieces they can afford to move if it makes them better

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1A8IasBKI

This is from a clipper writer and i tend to agree with him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-04-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Mood

he has 4 blocks tonite and it isnt even halftime. last game he had 6 and the game before he had 7

That last block was sick. He's starting to look pretty good. 16-18 FG in last five games too.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    That last block was sick. He's starting to look pretty good. 16-18 FG in last five games too.
    ya he is looking really good. His hands are getting better which are a weakness. He is just really fun to watch. Him and Blake are really good 4&5 combo. I would love his defense and rebounding in a pacer jersey.

he just got his 5th block lol

Mood

ME O MY WHAT A DUNK

Wow, this is getting out of hand!

Mood

Ralph said he is a RFA i thought he was URFA. So most likely he will be a clipper next year.