Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

For everyone who's on the trade granger buzz who might have been faithful fans before, or not I wanted to ask...

Do you guys think we shoulda took the Al Jefferson, Devin Harris, pick trade.
    (even though we got pg out of it)

I know how u guys feel about the sa trade, but what about this? After reading an article a reporter suggested this....
    In summary, the trade involves the following:

Pacers: Danny Granger ($10.97 million), Jeff Foster ($6.66 million), Dahntay Jones ($2.5 million)

Mavericks: Caron Butler ($10.56 million), *Rodrigue Beaubois ($1.156 million), Brendan Haywood ($6.9 million)

Salaries match, I did the math.* Dallas can even throw a first-round pick in to the mix to sweeten the deal.* Both teams benefit tremendously from this trade.* It just makes a lot of sense.* Like I said, this is not something that needs to be done, but come the trade deadline, if objectives are not met, it would be ideal for both teams.

Jus asking to see what people think

Default Re: Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by King Phoenix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For everyone who's on the trade granger buzz who might have been faithful fans before, or not I wanted to ask...

I know how u guys feel about the sa trade, but what about this? After reading an article a reporter suggested this....

Pacers: Danny Granger ($10.97 million), Jeff Foster ($6.66 million), Dahntay Jones ($2.5 million)

Mavericks: Caron Butler ($10.56 million), *Rodrigue Beaubois ($1.156 million), Brendan Haywood ($6.9 million)

Salaries match, I did the math.* Dallas can even throw a first-round pick in to the mix to sweeten the deal.* Both teams benefit tremendously from this trade.* It just makes a lot of sense.* Like I said, this is not something that needs to be done, but come the trade deadline, if objectives are not met, it would be ideal for both teams.

No.

I don't think that trade helps us rebuild nor does it help us in the present. And a first-round pick from Dallas is essentially worthless. I know occasionally gems can be found in the late first round, but those are few and far between.

I don't want to trade Granger unless it's part of a package for a superstar.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No to the Jefferson trade. no to the harris trade but by not making that trade. we lost murphy and picked up a future all star point guard and maye the best player in the league in 5 years in paul george.

No to the SA and Dallas trades.

Trade Danny for young talent and picks. and freeing up cap space while doing that would be a bonus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

My opinion is that you build around Granger, or you build around Hibbert/Collison.

Not both.

no. butler is an injured expiring. he can't play now and will be gone by the end of the year. beaubois is a little very quick SG trying to play the point. nice scorer, but would have trouble defending the PD all star team starter. haywood is a big body with a bad contract.

nothing there is worth trading for.

What I have noticed is that anytime grangers name is mentioned on this board everyone says it is a bad trade when I think it is a fair trade based on where grangers value is. I have watched a lot of the games in which we have lost and granger has either been reason 1 or reason 2 on why we lost. I wonder where we would be if we excepted the Jefferson trade? I think it is a fair question
    JOB is a silly man

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please, for the sake of us all, dont bring Bleacher Report material to The Digest.

If Butler was about 2 years younger and not injured, i'd take Butler over Granger. I think even now, he may slightly be a better player. Reguardless, he's on the shelf for the season.

Brendan Haywood would probably become a major problem in a Jim O'Brien world. Also, ever since Haywood got paid, he's been on vacation.

First I'm not sure that everyone is really on board to trade Granger. I am certain that even Danny haters would not want to give Danny away without some form of value in return.

You are taking our "franchise" player and trading him for a player who you won't re-sign, a point guard who is just a duplicate of our point guards at present yet not as good and a backup center who has a contract that extends for a few years. Even if you included a first round draft pick from Dallas you are talking about a draft pick in the mid 20's.

I mean really the Pacers got more for Jermaine O'Neal who was already old, broken down, not producing and a much larger salary than what this trade would give us for our best player.

Now I know some of us over rate Danny but it's not like we are talking about a malcontent, a trouble maker, a bad player or a prima donna here. This isn't a player we have to trade and the only way I would want to trade him now (in his prime) would be to improve the club not make it more mediocre.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    the only way I would want to trade him now (in his prime) would be to improve the club not make it more mediocre.
    I'm not sure we're as 'good' as mediocre right now. And I'm not sure how a team can achieve 'more' mediocre. I think we'd just be going from bad to worse...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm not sure we're as 'good' as mediocre right now. And I'm not sure how a team can achieve 'more' mediocre. I think we'd just be going from bad to worse...
    Ok, point well taken.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    What I have noticed is that anytime grangers name is mentioned on this board everyone says it is a bad trade when I think it is a fair trade based on where grangers value is. I have watched a lot of the games in which we have lost and granger has either been reason 1 or reason 2 on why we lost. I wonder where we would be if we excepted the Jefferson trade? I think it is a fair question
    If you are down on Granger and high on Jefferson, it only exposes the fact that you watch the Pacers too much and formerly, the timberwolves, not enough.

Sure, Jefferson looks good when he is not the primary option in Utah, as would Granger, but trading Granger for Jefferson would have clearly been a lateral move, and a bad one, considering that Jefferson would have been a poor fit with our other building block, Hibbert.

Jefferson is slow footed and the reason he was traded is because he would have been a poor fit with primary Timberwolves building block Kevin Love, and guess what, our primary building block is also slow footed. It would make absolutely no sense to trade Granger for Al Jefferson. These are the kind of trades franchises like the Clippers make, and the reason they perennially suck.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I think we should focus on trading the coach, not Granger.

I want to see Granger, Hibbert and Collison under a quality coach. Only if that doesn't work, we should think about a trade concerning Granger.
    Thank you Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    You are right, he is reason 1 or 2 when the Pacers lose. That is because he does not currently have enough help where he can have an off game and the Pacers still play well enough to win. It happens occasionally, but not enough.
    DG for 3