2 - TJ Ford
    3 - James Posey
    4 - Dominique Jones

Dallas Gets:

1 - Mike Dunleavy
    2 - Dahntay Jones
    3 - Solomon Jones
    4 - Lance Stevenson

I know many will say this is going to cripple us adding Brand's deal but I disagree, as long as we can move both Posey & Jones combined salary of about 9.5 mil Brand's 16 doesn't look QUITE as bad. Iggy contrasts with Grangers game as well as any other guard in the league would IMO. They would make an incredible inside out wing tandem and with Iggy pushing Danny to play defense the way we know he can I think they would be incredibly formidable. Brackins has some upside and Ajinca may as well but both are more throw-ins than anything at this point. We give up our to largest expiring deals in TJ and Mike and a young prospect in Lance but Iggy as better than anybody we could hope to sign and with him brought in and Brandon backing him up, Lance wasn't going to see the light of day anytime soon (he is NOT a PG) I think this puts us over the top with a lineup of:

PG - Collison, Price
    SG - Iggy, Rush
    SF - Granger, George
    PF - Brand Hans, Brackins
    C - Hibbert, McBob, Foster, Ajinca

We become a pretty scary team IMO.....well there is still the matter of our coaching....but uh, thats neither here nor there. We prob need to get another PG and wing to fill out the roster but we can look to the draft possibly and even with this we will still have around 15 mil expiring contracts.

I guess it all depends on how bad Phili wants to rid themselves of those 2 albatross contracts as they really don't get a whole lot of value here. With this deal they go into the off-season with something like 37mil in cap space. They also do get Dominique Jones who does have some "upside".....whole deal though as I said probably depends on how much value the cap space is to them...and with how they are playing in their current incarnation....I would think its a lot !

For Dallas I think this move to bring in another swing-man makes more sense than Stephen Jackson, or any of the others if for no other reason than its just a rental if it doesn't work out, it doesn't cripple them with yet another big long term deal. They nab Dun, and a defensive guy in Jones who has really been criminally underutilized in Indy as well as some size in Solo, and a young prospect with arguably more upside than the only real asset they gave up in Dominique.

Default Re: IND/PHI/DAL

All I can say is that the Pacers make out like Bandits why the other teams get our steaming piles of crap.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Not too bad for Philly, but Dallas gets screwed big time in this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not too bad for Philly, but Dallas gets screwed big time in this deal.
    How do you figure about Philly. Caron Butler is injured for the rest of the year.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you figure about Philly. Caron Butler is injured for the rest of the year.
    As Wylder mentioned his contract expires this year. That, combined with Ford's expiring contract in this proposed deal frees up a lot of cap space for them.

It depends on how you look at it......Phili isn't going to find a taker for Brand's 3 year deal along with Iggy's 4 years so as I said it all stems on how much value they have in getting out from under and starting over......

For Dallas I dont see how they get screwed they give up Jones & Ajinca 2 players who aren't even rotational when other are healthy, and Butler who is done for the season and expires at seasons end so can be resigned if they want him in off-season.....so they give up basically nothing. Stevenson is an intriguing prospect, and Dunleavy gives them a quality wing to ease the loss of Butler and he expires at seasons end......I fail to see how Dallas loses anything at all.