Thread: How The Nets Deal Affects Us

Default How The Nets Deal Affects Us

IC Cold Links: Carmelo Anthony Trade Could Change Things In East, Pacers Have Spotlight After Colts*Loss
    by Tom Lewis on Jan 10, 2011 9:01 AM EST in Indiana Pacers News

John Amis - AP
    Right about now would be a good time for Roy Hibbert and the Pacers to rise up and improve their level of play.
    Needless to say the Indiana Pacers have been struggling of late. But outside of the hard-core faithful, those struggles have happened largely under the radar.
    Consider that the Pacers are 1-6 in their last seven games, but four of those seven games weren't televised. Meanwhile the Indianapolis Colts made a late run into the playoffs and had everyone's attention right up until the last play of their game Saturday night, when Nick Folk and the New York Jets kicked them out of the playoffs.
    So now the Pacers have a brief window of opportunity to capture the attention of some casual fans looking for a diversion from thinking about timeouts and missed opportunities by the Colts. With three games this week, including two tough home games against Dallas and Chicago, the Pacers can start moving things back in the right direction before embarking on their final West Coast road trip next week.
    First they need to take care of business against the Philadelphia 76ers*tomorrow night in Philly, sight of one of the Pacers' worst performances of the year thus far, which is saying something. A road win in Philly and a split of the tough home games could snap the Blue and Gold out of their losing ways and keep them thinking playoffs. (I realilze this is an overly positive outlook, but the negative state of things is express quite well around here, so bear with me.)
    Also, aside from cranking up some local interest in the team, the Pacers could quickly slip down the slope of playoff contention if they don't win a few games soon. The fact that they haven't already is a testament to the weak middle of the East, but if the pending deal to send Carmelo Anthony and friends (including Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton) to the Nets goes through then the New Jersey could add their name to the list of playoff contenders this year.
    The Nets would be built to win right now (actually, they'd be built to win about four years ago) and it wouldn't take much more winning to jump into the playoff fray. If it does happen, hopefully the deal is finalized before the Pacers play the Denver Nuggets*on their road trip. Future draft picks are a lot easier to defend than Melo and Chauncey.
    But none of these external forces matter if the Pacers can't take care of what they control and find that winning flow they played with earlier in the season.

Pacers' Hansbrough stays on mission | The Indianapolis Star*Mike Wells reports on Tyler Hansbrough's approach to more playing time, Paul George not impressing his coach and the team spending some extra time in Philly.
    Sound-bites From the Hawks 108-93 Victory Over The Pacers - Peachtree Hoops
    Audio sound bites from the Hawks108-93 victory over the Indiana Pacers which includes Jim O'Brien's pre-game comments.
    Greene: Roy Hibbert Not Happy With Early Losses - Basketball News & NBA Rumors -
    Roy Hibbert*talks to HOOPSWORLD on his frustration with the early season losses, maintaining his weight loss and current Eastern Conference centers.
    Per Usual, the Pacers Lose to the Hawks
    Nets close to landing Anthony - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
    Woj has been plugged in on the particulars of the Melo drama all weekend.
    So Close, But Not Yet Done - NetsDaily
    NetsDaily is all over anything remotely related to the Carmelo Anthony trade discussions.

Unfortunately true, I hated the colts loss. Anybody else colts fan on here.
    From www.indycornrows.com

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How The Nets Deal Affects Us

Don't know if it is true for every one, but it would be nice if you cleaned up the format on your threads. I am guessing you just copied/pasted and there are a lot of places that could be fixed.

Otherwise, I wanted the Colts to win too, but only because I hate the jets more.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if it is true for every one, but it would be nice if you cleaned up the format on your threads. I am guessing you just copied/pasted and there are a lot of places that could be fixed.

Otherwise, I wanted the Colts to win too, but only because I hate the jets more.
    Exactly, and I thought we were discussing this in the other thread already?
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

It's hard to see Nets making playoffs no matter who they add. 10 win team at midseason, and then playoffs? That might be the biggest in-season turnaround ever. Even if the East stays this bad and 35 wins are enough... That would still be very hard. Nets would have to play better ball than Melo and Denver are playing this year.
    I'm way more worried about Philly and Milwaukee.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    It's hard to see Nets making playoffs no matter who they add. 10 win team at midseason, and then playoffs? That might be the biggest in-season turnaround ever. Even if the East stays this bad and 35 wins are enough... That would still be very hard. Nets would have to play better ball than Melo and Denver are playing this year.
    I'm way more worried about Philly and Milwaukee.
    Depending on IF AND WHEN this trade is finalized and when the Players are ready to play....the Nets have roughly 40 games left this season to eek out a 35-40 total winning record to simply make it into the 8th spot of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.

Ouch...given that they only have 10 wins....they'd have to have 30 Wins and 10 Losses ( or at the very least a 28 Win - 12 Loss record going forward to earn a 38 Win season ) for the rest of the season to ensure a Playoff spot....that's roughly 2 out of 3 games for the rest of the season.

You're right...that's tough...not impossible...but very improbable.

The only way that they make it in is if there is a huge chasm of Teams that fall off the face of the Earth. Given that the a JO'B-Coached Pacers are doing their best to jump off that proverbial "cliff" into LotteryLand ....there is still a small chance that the Melo-led Nets back into the playoffs as the 8th seed
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-10-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Smile Re: How The Nets Deal Affects Us

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    Exactly, and I thought we were discussing this in the other thread already?
    Appreciate the feedback. I was actually trying to put the whole thing to actually convert people to the website if they wanted to see those extra links. And about making a trade many people weren't talking about us really but might convert back to rip and opinions and I solely wanted to see what we think about the pacers and not Denver or whatever. But like I said, thanks for your opinions on the subject and will try to keep that in mind.

If the Nets make the playoffs....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

How us not playing is effecting us.....? Forget about the Nets. If we don't get it together we won't make the playoffs.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Don't look now but the Bobcats have won 3 in row under Paul Silas and are back in the mix in the playoff hunt as well