Paul and Tyler 2, Jim 0

Next up: Lance?
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Default Re: Told ya so!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul and Tyler 1, Jim 0

Next up: Lance?
    What are you talking about? Paul has been playing a few games now and still had foul problems tonight. All season they have cautioned that Tyler was essentially a rookie and would be brought along slowly. He didn't know the plays and had problems with the system. Five days of practice is the perfect time to acclimate a new starter. Jim Obrien gave Tyler the start and its not Jim against any of our players. Don't be to quick to stroke your ego.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    What are you talking about? Paul has been playing a few games now and still had foul problems tonight. All season they have cautioned that Tyler was essentially a rookie and would be brought along slowly. He didn't know the plays and had problems with the system. Five days of practice is the perfect time to acclimate a new starter. Jim Obrien gave Tyler the start and its not Jim against any of our players. Don't be to quick to stroke your ego.
    You can't be serious. You've got to be kidding me.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    You can't be serious. You've got to be kidding me.
    Add some content.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Sure.

Hansbrough should have been getting back-up minutes all season- if not he should have been starting all season knowing the system or not.

One game surely does not tell the whole story but he's been good all season and he hasn't gotten fair time and that is silly.

Paul George is too good to be sitting, and he should have never ever sat in the first place.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure.

Hansbrough should have been getting back-up minutes all season- if not he should have been starting all season knowing the system or not.

One game surely does not tell the whole story but he's been good all season and he hasn't gotten fair time and that is silly.

Paul George is too good to be sitting, and he should have never ever sat in the first place.
    Let's don't go that far... unless you are just talking about a couple of minutes in close games and mop-up minutes in out of had games.

Add some content.
    Here's one, Paul George had 2 fouls.

That's not 'foul problems'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Here's one, Paul George had 2 fouls.

That's not 'foul problems'.
    They were basically back to back before he left the game, but after looking at the stats 2 in 10 minutes isn't that bad. He had 5 against the Knicks. I like him as a prospect but he is still a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Let's don't go that far... unless you are just talking about a couple of minutes in close games and mop-up minutes in out of had games.
    I should have worded that better. He wasn't "clueless" to the system because he still had very good games vs. Denver, @ Charlotte, and vs. Philly.

He just doesn't have the playmaking ability in the mid-post and that is what I believe JOB was referring to a couple of months back. He got pulled in favor of three point shooting.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:

Look I am not going to defends Poseys minutes this season, but Hansborough has always been part of our core and he has been expected to grow into a larger role. You need to argue wether it was Rush, Granger, or Dunleavys minutes you want to give to George. Danny is playing the four to give George minutes currently. Danny is also took Poseys minutes at the four so that should make alot of people happy.
    Sure.

Last edited by spazzxb; 01-07-2011 at 10:09 PM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Tyler's good outing in a loss?

Irrelevant obviously.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I think it's also a miracle that somehow Tyler went from suck to star and Josh went from starter to DNP.

Of course the list of players who that's happened to also includes Tinsley, TJ, Rasho, Price, Rush, Jack, DJones, George, Roy, Solo....

I understand fluctuation with lineups based on who is hot and matchups, but come on already. Tyler could have been playing 10-15 minutes all along, just like Josh easily could have been in for a good chunk of Foster's minutes as he often struggled against Duncan and hurt the offense.

I'm glad that something made Tyler and George be in this and recent games, but that shouldn't be a trade with Josh and it shouldn't continue to keep Price out when his per minute numbers continue to dwarf TJ's. What's the worst that happens, they play more, stink it up, their numbers dip and you can tell the fans they were wrong.

I honestly think JOB fears what happened tonight, that Tyler will play well which in turn puts pressure on him to play him some more, since he hates being "forced" into doing anything he doesn't want to do...or so it would seem.

Look I am not going to defends Poseys minutes this season, but Hansborough has always been part of our core and he has been expected to grow into a larger role. You need to argue wether it was Rush, Granger, or Dunleavys minutes you want to give to George. Danny is playing the four to give George minutes currently. Danny is also took Poseys minutes at the four so that should make alot of people happy.
    Right now that isn't even a question. You take minutes away from Granger. He isn't playing well enough to play near 40 minutes every night. With that said unless George is playing exceptionally well he really should only be playing about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I think it's also a miracle that somehow Tyler went from suck to star and Josh went from starter to DNP.

Of course the list of players who that's happened to also includes Tinsley, TJ, Rasho, Price, Rush, Jack, DJones, George, Roy, Solo....

I understand fluctuation with lineups based on who is hot and matchups, but come on already. Tyler could have been playing 10-15 minutes all along, just like Josh easily could have been in for a good chunk of Foster's minutes as he often struggled against Duncan and hurt the offense.

I'm glad that something made Tyler and George be in this and recent games, but that shouldn't be a trade with Josh and it shouldn't continue to keep Price out when his per minute numbers continue to dwarf TJ's. What's the worst that happens, they play more, stink it up, their numbers dip and you can tell the fans they were wrong.

I honestly think JOB fears what happened tonight, that Tyler will play well which in turn puts pressure on him to play him some more, since he hates being "forced" into doing anything he doesn't want to do...or so it would seem.
    Playing well doesn't mean they'll play.

Roy's sat after fantastic games at the end of the game.
    AJ gets benched when he plays well. Pretty much every time. In fact I cringe every time JOB compliments him.
    PG got benched earlier this season after being the only pacer to play well.
    Tyler got benched this season three games after he pretty much got us the win against Charlotte

Honestly, they'd be better off sucking, that seems to earn players time. Ask TJ and Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Right now that isn't even a question. You take minutes away from Granger. He isn't playing well enough to play near 40 minutes every night. With that said unless George is playing exceptionally well he really should only be playing about 15 minutes.
    I see where your coming from.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Is Tyler going to start the next game?
    LeWade are going down.

I don't blame Jim for giving Foster the backup minutes tonight. Jeff has traditionally played well against Duncan and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Is Tyler going to play the next game?
    Fixed.

We will find out, but I am guessing from Josh's DNP CD that we used our 5 days of practice to adapt to Tyler being our new starter. I certainly hope that is the case.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post: