Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peja not giving up

Hybrid View

Default Peja not giving up

Theres another article on RealGm about how Peja isn't going to let this trade demand go, etc.

Who here thinks he actually is going to get traded from the kings at all? I'm starting to think not.

And I like it, I'm tired of all these trade demands, players need to suck it up, unless they're coming to Indy.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Peja not giving up

He's not going anywhere... if you don't want to be a pro baskeball player and be treated as property.... then DON'T do it!
    Here, everyone have a : on me

How serious is he? Serious enough to consider retiring or pulling a Carlos Rodgers?

If remains steadfast in his demands but remains a good soldier as far as his committments to the team go then it is a toss up.

If the team thinks he might actually retire or chuck the season if they don't meet his demands then they will trade him.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please don't trade Ron.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Why would we want a guy that demands to be traded?

It reminds me of the women that takes a married man away from his wife and marries him then is surprised he cheats on her.

In other words what stops Peja from demanding a trade if he doesn't like it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It reminds me of the women that takes a married man away from his wife and marries him then is surprised he cheats on her.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Nothing would stop him, but I think the reason he's even requesting one at all is because of Chris Webber. I think he'd get along with all our players. Basically it comes down to if he and JO would get along or not, and I think they would; JO's not gonna call anyone out in the papers or any of that stuff. Hell, if he can try his best to make friends with Ron (despite their differences, and Ron's.... temper), he can be cool with Peja lol.

I Agree, CWebb is screwing it all up there, Peja's a good guy.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, so do the Kings.

I can't imagine trying to move Peja over CWebb.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, so do the Kings.

I can't imagine trying to move Peja over CWebb.
    I agee I much would much rather trade CWebb.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I'm sure they would too, but there isn't anybody that will take him. He's now known to have chemistry issues, his contract is huge, he's injury prone, and his game has declined. No one is gonna touch that with a 10ft pole.

Mood

Try trading Webber a 31 yr oldforward who missed most of the season.

Add to that Webber's contract 4 years remaining 79.6 mil...

Peja at 2 yrs 14.4 (3 -22.7 counting his option year)is far easier to trade.

There's lots of bad contracts out there.

Sure, Peja's easier to trade. It's because he's more valuable. The Kings don't need much in return for Chris Webber, look how well they did without him. Antonio Davis could fill his spot on the injured list just fine.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sure, Peja's easier to trade. It's because he's more valuable. The Kings don't need much in return for Chris Webber, look how well they did without him. Antonio Davis could fill his spot on the injured list just fine.

Heck, even slow, overpaid, oft-injured, out of condition, no heart Brad Miller filled in fine while CWebb was out.

-Bball
    To view this post please turn your sarcasem filter to OFF.

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    He's not going anywhere... if you don't want to be a pro baskeball player and be treated as property.... then DON'T do it!
    Hmm a black person not wanting to be treated as property, wonder where that comes from.

I agree these bums need to suck it up. Except Shaq I think he had a valid reason. I mean he went to a team that was worse off. He just didn't want the organization. The rest just want to have a better chance at a ring without really earning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball

Heck, even slow, overpaid, oft-injured, out of condition, no heart Brad Miller filled in fine while CWebb was out.

-Bball
    To view this post please turn your sarcasem filter to OFF.
    Yeah, but only cause it was the beginning of the season. His play fell off as the season progressed.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Hmm a black person not wanting to be treated as property, wonder where that comes from.
    Peja's black!!!

Who Knew?

The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree these bums need to suck it up. Except Shaq I think he had a valid reason. I mean he went to a team that was worse off. He just didn't want the organization. The rest just want to have a better chance at a ring without really earning it.
    Peja must be one of those black Yugoslavians.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Man, if only Peja played against the TWolves with half as much effort as he's fighting his own management.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

HE does have the option of staying home and getting paid to play Euro ball. He would be HUGE in the euro leagues and not have to travel to the States or pay our taxes.
    IOW, he DOES have some options and leverage.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

Peja must be one of those black Yugoslavians.....
    Maybe I was speaking of the OTHER players, DUH. You know Shaq, T-Mac, and pretty much Harrington(Although I am glad he 'Asked' for a trade)

Maybe I was speaking of the OTHER players, DUH. You know Shaq, T-Mac, and pretty much Harrington(Although I am glad he 'Asked' for a trade)
    Of course... what were we thinking. Obviously this thread is about Shaq, T-Mac, and Al Harrington.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    HE does have the option of staying home and getting paid to play Euro ball. He would be HUGE in the euro leagues and not have to travel to the States or pay our taxes.
    IOW, he DOES have some options and leverage.
    I thought there was an agreement between the NBA and FIBA on stuff like that. IOW, I think the Euro team would still have to buy out his contract.

I know that's true when players come to the NBA from the Euroleagues. Don't know that there's any case precedent going the other direction?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I know this isn't the best offseason to be defending Webber but the fact remains that the Kings aren't going anywhere in the playoffs without the inside game Webber provides. The Kings knew that and thats why they threw him out there at the end of the season hoping they could rush him into playing shape.

I understand Webber isn't the greatest guy but an outside shooter isn't leading any team to the championship and Pacer fans should know that.

Whoops
    [edit=390=1094458367][/edit]