Thread: Pacers road schedule the rest of the way is easy

Default Pacers road schedule the rest of the way is easy

The most amazing thing about the Pacers 15-7 road record is the Pacers have played the toughest part of their road schedule.

Pacers have played the Lakers, Kings, Mavs, Rockets, Spurs, T-Wolves, Nets twice, Pistons once, Hornets once, Bucks once.

Total overall record of those teams the Pacers have played on the road to this point is 451-425.

Record for the Pacers remaning road games 335-427.

That is a wider gap than I even thought.

Pacers are done with the top 6 western conference teams on the road.

Remaining road games with teams currently above .500

Raptors - Hardly a powerhouse
    Hornets
    Utah -
    Nuggets
    Grizzlies
    Bucks
    Pistons
    Raptors

And if you look at that, The Pistons game is very tough, but each and every one of the other games is winnable. No reason the pacers can't win 4 out of those 8.

That is it. The pacers play 10 games against teams who are under .500
    No reason the pacers can't win 7 or 8 of those teen.

Pacers could easliy win 26 or 27 road games.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers road schedule the rest of the way is easy

Thats what has really impressed me. We have played the toughest part of our scedule and we have the second best record in the NBA. The team with the best record has a much tougher road ahead of them.

This is why we will NOT collapse in the second half

We will only get stronger

Sports Logo

No the reason we will not collapse is largley due to coaching. The reason we did colapse plast year is partly due to the easy scedule early but in large part to coaching.

Not to mention all the freaking back-to-backs.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

^^^^^AMEN to that

No the reason we will not collapse is largley due to coaching. The reason we did colapse plast year is partly due to the easy scedule early but in large part to coaching.
    And other distractions (2 deaths, near-suicide, Artest moments), plus the fact that our clogged rotations meant everyone had to keep looking out for number one.

This last is an issue I'm still worried about.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Yes... If people start to play selfish.....

We already had a minor issue with that

Carlisle seemed to squash that like a bug

I doubt we've seen the end of selfish play. The Al not starting thing has been going on forever and has been "resolved" several times before, yes? I've got a bad feeling Al will start playing more like the black hole again before the season ends.

I like the schedule, but it scares me.

This is truely going to be the part where mental toughness for our team will come into play.

It's easy to get "up" for the Spurs & Nets but it's equally important to get "up" for the Raptors, Heat & Clippers.

Because of our record, everybody & I mean everybody will be "up" for us. Let's just hope we don't play down to the competition.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo

Thats a great point Peck.

I dunno - I think Carlisle's a lot more proactive when it comes to sending "game messages" than Isiah was. It took two months last year before the Pacers addresses Ron's behavior problems (after he broke something in their locker room). Carlisle did it in one half. And Zeke used to let Jalen stand around and talk to officials without doing anything about it.

If the team turns selfish like they did last year I could see Rick sitting all the starters for an entire half if he thought he had to to get his point across.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire