Thread: Robin Lopez?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Robin Lopez?

Looks like the Polish Hammer is establishing himself as the long term center for the Suns.

That leaves last year's darling Robin Lopez a bit out in the cold. Granted he was not having a good year even before the trade that brought Gortat. But he's still a fairly decent big man prospect. And as the Suns roster stands now, the front court of Gortat and Frye seems set for the immediate future, so they might be willing to move Robin if it relieves them of one of their mediocre players with long contracts. In particular, Childress and Warrick can't get playing time despite getting signed to long contracts just last summer.

How about something like R. Lopez and Warrick for Foster? Warrick's contract (2 years $9m after this one) isn't that bad, and we could use another PF. I think that the Suns would ask us to take back Childress instead that though - his 4 years $28m remaining is as ugly as any of the other contracts that went out to mediocre players last summer.

Thoughts? Would you do either version - Lopez + Warrick or Lopez + Childress, for expiring contracts?

Default Re: Robin Lopez?

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the Polish Hammer is establishing himself as the long term center for the Suns.

That leaves last year's darling Robin Lopez a bit out in the cold. Granted he was not having a good year even before the trade that brought Gortat. But he's still a fairly decent big man prospect. And as the Suns roster stands now, the front court of Gortat and Frye seems set for the immediate future, so they might be willing to move Robin if it relieves them of one of their mediocre players with long contracts. In particular, Childress and Warrick can't get playing time despite getting signed to long contracts just last summer.

How about something like R. Lopez and Warrick for Foster? Warrick's contract (2 years $9m after this one) isn't that bad, and we could use another PF. I think that the Suns would ask us to take back Childress instead that though - his 4 years $28m remaining is as ugly as any of the other contracts that went out to mediocre players last summer.

Thoughts? Would you do either version - Lopez + Warrick or Lopez + Childress, for expiring contracts?
    We can't take back 2 for 1. No room. It would have to be a 2 for 2 or us sending 2 and getting back 1. I wouldn't mind Lopez, but no to Warrick and Childress. Those 2 won't make our team better and probably wouldn't get minutes. Lopez would be an upgrade over Solo in my mind.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I'd do Lopez and Warrick for an expiring and a throw in like Lance or Solo. That would be a no-brainer.

Phoenix might do it too because they have a big-time logjam.

i would go out and get a jersey within a week of him being here. he's one of my favorite players, so i would love this deal

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can't take back 2 for 1. No room. It would have to be a 2 for 2 or us sending 2 and getting back 1. I wouldn't mind Lopez, but no to Warrick and Childress. Those 2 won't make our team better and probably wouldn't get minutes. Lopez would be an upgrade over Solo in my mind.
    As BringJackBack says, it's easy enough to add Solo as a throw in.

No one wants Warrick and Childress, that's the whole point. Phoenix won't give up an asset like Lopez unless they're getting something else, like getting out of a bad contract.