Thread: The real problem - JOB needs an extension

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default The real problem - JOB needs an extension

I'm so stupid, I totally missed the obvious problem. I'm sorry about all the anti-JOB rants now.

The dude is flying lame duck, and as we found out last year when JOB got his extension players won't play for coach's without an extension. Look how much the Hawks sucked with Woodson hung out to dry all year. Look at how strong the Pacers turned it on once JOB was certain to return. Think about the never-ending struggles the Lakers have faced because they never know if Phil's coming back or not.

And yet with all that solid evidence the Pacers have failed to make the smart move and get JOB extended before the losing started to set in.

See all the kids bought in and tried to run the system, but then that no-goodnik Josh said "hey, wait a second, why are we worrying about doing it the way this guy wants to do it since he's sure to be gone next year...I think we should start phoning it in".

Naturally when Roy heard this he said "you're right, I just wish I hadn't wasted my money on those A55 tickets now because with the coach on his way out I really don't feel obligated to playing well for them, myself or my family".

Brandon put down his joint long enough to say "Phone it in, I'm way ahead of you".

Tyler sheepishly added "I was supposed to be trying before? Whoops."

Of course the vets all tried to tell the kids this isn't how you handle things as a professional, but they would have none of it. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that while Jeff was giving them a "you owe it to the coach" speech Paul George depantsed him, to which Jeff replied "not cool Paul, not cool".

Naturally TJ was off to the side doing his "I just got traded" dance, modified to match the "coach is gone next year" mood of the room.

And Posey ran off to tell the coach all of this and promising that he'd never phone it in as long as that meant "shoot as many 3s per minute as possible" to which JOB smiled, the warmth in his heart for Posey making his sideburns shimmer ever so subtly.

Really just a pitiful scene, one that TPTB should have fixed long ago with the proper message to the players via a new contract for the coach.

F'ing lazy NBA kids with no work ethic or respect for any coach that may or may not be back the next year. It's sad that it has to come to that, but clearly the W-L total shows that it does. Hopefully it's not to late to fix it.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The real problem - JOB needs an extension

Best. Thread. Ever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Posey ran off to tell the coach all of this and promising that he'd never phone it in as long as that meant "shoot as many 3s per minute as possible" to which JOB smiled, the warmth in his heart for Posey making his sideburns shimmer ever so subtly.
    Priceless, oh wait I didn't mean today's lineup. I meant this was literature for the ages.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Don't get me wrong, I don't like JOB as much as the next person, and I understand the fact that uncertainty makes things a little more difficult. But these guys are getting paid a lot of money to play basketball and should be professional and competitive enough to not mail it in (if this indeed is happening).

Weird how laughter-inducing sardonic humor tickles a different part of the body. Please help Peck make another animation skit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm so stupid, I totally missed the obvious problem. I'm sorry about all the anti-JOB rants now...
    I swear to (insert name of favorite supreme-being here), I read this first line and got called out of my office by my wife to help out in a household emergency. I had kind of half-concentrated on my reading, being as I was distracted by the commotion in the other room.

As I was running into the other room, I was thinking to myself, "What the hell was that?/!@#?" It hit me what I had read and I was really concerned that you had somehow converted to the darkside. But, alas I was relieved to see that instead you had walked into the light.

Thanks for an entertaining post... and it is much easier to read in black and white than it would have been in green.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

....while Jeff was giving them a "you owe it to the coach" speech Paul George depantsed him, to which Jeff replied "not cool Paul, not cool".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

You guys gotta understand, I got the Rosetta Stone "Learn Sarcasm" package for Christmas. I've always wanted to learn a 2nd language.

You guys gotta understand, I got the Rosetta Stone "Learn Sarcasm" package for Christmas. I've always wanted to learn a 2nd language.
    Can you send out some CDs of the Rosetta Stone "Learn Sarcasm" package?