Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now was that so hard

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Now was that so hard

Look at the PT. Paul George logs big minutes, Tyler gets good minutes the last game and at least a little burn today. Collison goes longer, TJ and Posey have proper bench minutes (and you could even dial Posey down a bit more).

I mean its a bad sign to lose to the Wiz the other night, but if the team is going to have trouble winning on a regular basis doing it with these guys trying to learn the game is dramatically more tolerable.

I just wanted to start a thread on this since I'm as bad as anyone about complaining when it doesn't happen. The kind of PT we saw today is all I'm asking for. I do NOT care if Roy struggles or Rush struggles or Josh struggles. These are things I can understand and they aren't directly on the coach to fix (indirectly he should have influence)...perhaps we will find out that these guys just can't hack it and then it falls on to Larry to adjust the roster.

Get Price out there a little also and keep those TJ/Posey minutes to 15 or less and you'll find out if the kids are going to make it.

Losing games in the process of chasing that goal is something I can forgive. I can't forgive losing games while disregarding the future at the same time.

Gotta wonder if there was a management reaction to the Kravitz article or other fan complaining. If so then good. Or better yet would be if Jim himself read that and finally grasped that his career image would look a lot better as the guy that developed a great young core than a guy that went nowhere trying to lean on 3pt shooting PFs to win his way back to the playoffs.

I'd rather have JOB be finally on-board than to just be temporarily reacting to something from TPTB because that won't last and will only fester until it gets worse.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Now was that so hard

Have to say that one game does not a season make. Knowing the O'Brien pattern, I want to see a number of consecutive games with this same amount of PT before we can all believe that today's game will be the norm rather than simply an anomaly due to a column or two.
    The coming three games will tell a huge story as to whether we will see O'Brien revert to his usual self...especially if the Pacers are on the wrong side of the score.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:

The kid can play.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at the PT. Paul George logs big minutes, Tyler gets good minutes the last game and at least a little burn today. Collison goes longer, TJ and Posey have proper bench minutes (and you could even dial Posey down a bit more).

I mean its a bad sign to lose to the Wiz the other night, but if the team is going to have trouble winning on a regular basis doing it with these guys trying to learn the game is dramatically more tolerable.

I just wanted to start a thread on this since I'm as bad as anyone about complaining when it doesn't happen. The kind of PT we saw today is all I'm asking for. I do NOT care if Roy struggles or Rush struggles or Josh struggles. These are things I can understand and they aren't directly on the coach to fix (indirectly he should have influence)...perhaps we will find out that these guys just can't hack it and then it falls on to Larry to adjust the roster.

Get Price out there a little also and keep those TJ/Posey minutes to 15 or less and you'll find out if the kids are going to make it.

Losing games in the process of chasing that goal is something I can forgive. I can't forgive losing games while disregarding the future at the same time.

Gotta wonder if there was a management reaction to the Kravitz article or other fan complaining. If so then good. Or better yet would be if Jim himself read that and finally grasped that his career image would look a lot better as the guy that developed a great young core than a guy that went nowhere trying to lean on 3pt shooting PFs to win his way back to the playoffs.

I'd rather have JOB be finally on-board than to just be temporarily reacting to something from TPTB because that won't last and will only fester until it gets worse.
    I think JOB was drunk. He finnaly coached pretty good. I think this was the best win of the season because of the reasons u said

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    The kid can play.
    I've been saying that since last yr the first time i watched him at fresno. He has a incrediable abality to get to the rim and create his own shot. Him and Rush and T.J and DC2 are the only players who can create their own shot. We need him in the rotation this yr to get to where we want to be.

I missed the game, but wow. George had 5 steals. I'm incredibly impressed by how good he is defensively.

Tyler, Paul, and AJ all should have played more.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    I missed the game, but wow. George had 5 steals. I'm incredibly impressed by how good he is defensively.
    his defense was ok. not great. but he does have a nice nose for the ball. paul will be a really good player some day, hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    his defense was ok. not great. but he does have a nice nose for the ball. paul will be a really good player some day, hopefully soon.
    Like I said, I didn't see this game, but he's shown spurts of dominant defensive play. I think once he gets some burn he's going to be a hell of a defender.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Like I said, I didn't see this game, but he's shown spurts of dominant defensive play. I think once he gets some burn he's going to be a hell of a defender.
    his defense was great besides when he forgot to switch on John Wall but his on ball defense is really good. Off the ball needs some work still.

Sports Logo

The kind of PT we saw today is all I'm asking for. I do NOT care if Roy struggles or Rush struggles or Josh struggles. These are things I can understand and they aren't directly on the coach to fix (indirectly he should have influence)...perhaps we will find out that these guys just can't hack it and then it falls on to Larry to adjust the roster.

THIS + 1000

I'd be okay if we lose games just to see if we actually got something with McBob, AJ, Hansbrough, PG and even Lance.

That would be just like last season when JO'B was forced to play McBob and he goes out there and shows that he's worth something.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

It's been said that OB likes to play his veterans, whom he believes give him the best chance to win. I've got to beleive that after today's game, the coach has to be rethinking his position since some of the young players gave this team a chance to win.
    At least a little?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad that George has worked his way into the rotation. He's a great talent and if he continues to work hard and improve he'll play a role in the furure of this team.

Can we really take much from a win against a team who hasn't won a road game the entire year?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersAllDay For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersAllDay View Post
    Can we really take much from a win against a team who hasn't won a road game the entire year?
    JOB played a good rotation which is really cool and unlike him

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, for JOB? Yes...yes I think it was that hard.

Nope. But people can rejoice when they see the players they want to see.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I wish I could sneak my way into a post-game conference and bring up the records and stats since jim is into that thing apparently, and just ask him "It seems like you do better with the guys who normally either don't get playing time or very few minutes, why then do you not adjust accordingly?" I don't think any of these reporters have the testicular fortitude and are just very uninformed sadly to ask anything like that. A few have suggested it but has the topic ever been brought up to Jim directly?

If I recall correctly, didnt we just Lose to this very team a mere two days ago? Dont discount any victory.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes. It was exceptionally difficult. I don't know how Jim stood it. Probably being an afternoon holiday game that was not televised in Indy allowed him to tolerate it.

Yay.

Two basically equal teams simultaneously died by the 3 while committing huge amounts of turnovers. Thankfully, apparently Danny didn't join in the 3 point barrage, and instead concentrated on higher percentage looks.

Good for Paul George! Glad he did something with the chance he was given. And, it was not irrelevant because it came in a winning effort.

Perception vs reality.

Here are the minutes for the previous 5 games (before today) for Collision. 32, 32, 27, 34, 29, 33 - amazingly consistant. Today he played 30. So where is the change>

Posey played today 23 minutes. Which is the most he has played in quite sometime. here are his minutes in previous 5 games. 12, 17, 18, 18, 18, 18.

Tyler played 3 minutes today.

So the only real change today at all was that George played decent minutes. No other changes

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    JOB played a good rotation which is really cool and unlike him
    seemed the same to me plus George

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    his defense was great besides when he forgot to switch on John Wall but his on ball defense is really good. Off the ball needs some work still.
    Getting lost was his problem at the beginning of the year. On the ball he is exceptional and really seems to blanket guys as long as he avoids fouling. He plays really tight on guys and is good at getting through picks.

On offense he has a good (inconstant) shot, great athleticism and seems to handle the ball decently. We haven't really seen him enough to be clear on his strengths and weakness's but he seems to have a lot of strengths. The tools are there, He just needs time to develop. All the negatives I have are countered by the fact he is a rookie and will improve in all facets of his game, he appears to have no physical limitations.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

JOB can't win. The first time he finally plays Paul George and he was great. While Danny's been in a slump for almost a month. Having a hard time not being mad that this is the first time we've seen him in forever... and if he doesn't play the next game it will be very relevant to me.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

I'm not one of the people who skewers Jim O'Brien on here, but if Paul George doesn't play in the next game ..... I'll be near the front of the lynch mob this time.