Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Artest best SF in NBA?

Default Re: Ron Artest best SF in NBA?

Kahn is a hack. I raised an eyebrow at the Tim Thomas honorable mention too.

Kevin Garnett is the best PG, SG, SF, PF, and C in the NBA, so making these lists is pointless.

Until Bender breaks out.

okemyselfintheeyewitharubberfoot:
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought Kahn was off his rocker last summer, when he listed Ron at #5.

Based on Ron's play, he's clearly better than #5.

Based on Ron's brain... well we've had that debate over and over and over ...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

leaving out AK-47 this year, and picking Mashburn last year

make this list lose any credibility that any sane person might have otherwise given it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

You might be asking, "Why would Fool post to a thread that everyone lost interest in so long ago?"

Zesty c&p'ed the article on Sept. 2nd. I have c&p'ed the list from that article as it reads today. Scan it for a second.

Ranking the small forwards:

1. Ron Artest, Indiana Pacers: He is incredibly strong and versatile on both ends of the floor, with the only question being if he can keep his head.

2. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics: His strength and ability to score inside or outside are unparalleled, and it will be interesting to see how he copes with the ever-changing roster of the Celtics.

3. Peja Stojakvoic, Sacramento Kings: The best pure shooter in the game and a much stronger rebounder/defender than people think, but he has struggled in the postseason.

4. Shawn Marion, Phoenix Suns: His unorthodox shooting style and relaxed demeanor often belie his impact on the game, although his name continues to float in trade rumors.

5. Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers: He is a blossoming superstar, with more size and natural tools than any of these players, but how will he adjust to his third team in three years?

6. Richard Jefferson, New Jersey Nets: There are people who love him because he defends consistently, but his shooting and ball-handling are very erratic.

7. Andrei Kirilenko, Utah Jazz: Clearly, the best defensive player in the group, he's improving rapidly on the offensive end as well.

8. Antawn Jamison, Washington Wizards: He is a great scorer who has extended his shooting range and is a much better offensive rebounder than people recognize.

9. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers: The pressure for him to rise above as the next superstar in the league is immense, but he has the demeanor and skill to meet the challenge.

10. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets: He is a natural scorer inside and outside, with an improving floor game. He, too, has great expectations.

He seems to have slid AK47 into the list after not even putting him on the list of those "also considered" but doesn't even acknowledge the oversight.

NewType

I still don't think RJ deserves to be #6. I would definitely rank AK-47 over him.

I'd disagree that AK-47's the best defensive player in the group... I'd put him at #2 behind Artest. Of course, it's difficult, because they're not similar players. AK is more of a 3/4, while Ron is a 2/3.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!