Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers/Wizards

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

In my opinion,

Nick Young = Decent scorer, decent upside, bad defense, horrific shot selection

In other words, not an upgrade. Sure he's a nice piece, but he just doesn't do anything that our wing rotation can't do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have any of u seen Young play this year? The kid is good. Idk anything about Blatch but if we could do a Tyler and 1st for him or something I wouldn't even think about it. I would like to keep PG if at all possible but u all act like Tyler is some superstar and he is not and he will never be. Tyler hussels which is very good but when it comes to straight up talent he lacks. McBob is sloop much more athletic then Tyler could dream of being. If we can get a good piece for Tyler psh no questions asked...TAKE IT
    I have. But there's no way in hell I'm trading PG AND a lotto protected first for him. That's absurd.

I don't claim Tyler to ever be a star. But you're telling me Blatche will be? With one of the worst attitudes in the NBA, you're convinced beyond all belief that he'll be a star?

I don't know if Lance would ever be a star. But he probably could be. Know why he, in all likelihood, won't be? His attitude.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I have. But there's no way in hell I'm trading PG AND a lotto protected first for him. That's absurd.

I don't claim Tyler to ever be a star. But you're telling me Blatche will be? With one of the worst attitudes in the NBA, you're convinced beyond all belief that he'll be a star?

I don't know if Lance would ever be a star. But he probably could be. Know why he, in all likelihood, won't be? His attitude.
    Did I ever say that Blatche was a star??? I said I know nothing about the moron nor do I care if we ever get him. I saw today he has been suspended one game for some reason so no I prob wouldn't want him. I am talking about Nick Young. And I never said anything about giving up PG either. In fact, I said if at all possible we should keep him b/c he will be a star someday IMO. But if we could get Young for Tyler and a 1st. Heck yes.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

k_lewis, I think Psyren's reply was mostly directed at La_Confidential, not you my friend.

The way I read it he said something in this tone, "Yeah, I've seen him play. He's an okay player. But he isn't worth the first round pick and Paul George that some of the others were offering."

Again, that is at least the way I took it.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 12-26-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, count me out on any trade that involves us getting Blatche. He is a toxic personality in the locker room and a very mediocre player. Sure he can score (albeit with extremely low efficiency) but he doesn't do ANYTHING else well. And I don't think that combination suits us and our vision for the future.

And Nick Young is just really below average. He seems to heat up and score in bunches occasionally, but for every game that he scores 30 with good efficiency, he's going to have 10 games where he shoots 3-13 and contributes absolutely nothing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    k_lewis, I think Psyren's reply was mostly directed at La_Confidential, not you my friend.

The way I read it he said something in this tone, "Yeah, I've seen him play. He's an okay player. But he isn't worth the first round pick and Paul George that some of the others were offering."

Again, that is at least the way I took it.
    Exactly.

My apologies to k_lewis if you felt that it was directed at you, because it wasn't. It wasn't really directed at anyone.

I was just adding to the fact that if this trade was offered to me, I'd hang up the phone and laugh at the Wizards.

Again, my apologies if you felt this was directed at you, k_lewis.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is the thing guys. You are over reacting to alot of the points that LA was trying to make. He saw two up and coming players with loads of talent that could probably be had from a struggling franchise. I think the Wizards will be more apt to make a move out of impatience than we ever would. Andray Blatche is has excellent talent. He is a player that needs to be surrounded by vocal and tough veterans as he gets older. He was 18-20 when he entered the league, of course his mentality will be, "Oh damn, I have millions in my pocket, let's see what kind of trouble I can get into." Here's the thing. He is a very good scorer. He has a very nice skill set and the athleticism to match. He has touch and good vision for a PF. He plays good defense when he wants to, which, if you have seen him play this year, that has been a major improvement IMO. His best role model over the last two years has been Arenas. C'mon. He is a diamond, but needs a lot of polishing I agree. I would take a chance on the guy, because he has legit upside. I like Tyler and McRoberts, but if we could get Blatche for fairly cheap, I would take a chance on him. His teammates seem to like him though, so I don't know. He was the youngest player in the NBA at one point. I wouldn't give up the farm for him, and I think what was suggested would be a bit much, but I think LA is on the righttrack.

As for Nick Young. The guy has improved immensely since he has been in the league. I think he is a solid young player who is reaching his potential, but I wouldn't for him at all. We have so much more current talent and future talent at the wing that I wouldn't waste my time including him in any sort of deal.

If we were to swing a deal such as

Blatche
    Last guy off the bench

for

Tyler
    DJones
    SJones
    2011 Unprotected first

It would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Exactly.

My apologies to k_lewis if you felt that it was directed at you, because it wasn't. It wasn't really directed at anyone.

I was just adding to the fact that if this trade was offered to me, I'd hang up the phone and laugh at the Wizards.

Again, my apologies if you felt this was directed at you, k_lewis.
    No problem. Sorry I thought it was directed at me. My fault.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Wizards have been said to be looking to move McGee and Blatche. They seem to be testing the waters for the two young bigs to try to add more talent while their potential still exists.

I would prefer to go after McGee. He is super long and athletic. He would be able to play both PF and C. Nobody would be able to shoot over us as a team if you add him to your front court. He needs some work on fundamentals still, but his ability is there. I would love to plug him into our rotation as a Player "X", the term that tbird affectionately named our front court need.

I don't have a clue what the Wizards would be looking to get for him though. I would prefer McGee to Blatche, but Blatche is definitely more skilled at this point.