Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Pacers/Wizards

  1. #1
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers/Wizards

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2begmd9

    Pacers Get- Aundray Blatche, Nick Young

    Wizards Get- Paul George, Tyler, Solo, Dahntay and Lottery Protected 1st

    And Pray That Ernie Grunfeld Says Yes.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 12-25-2010 at 04:07 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but
    **** NO!!!!!!!!


    No way we trade two prospects and a first for two craptastic scrubs.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but
    **** NO!!!!!!!!


    No way we trade two prospects and a first for two craptastic scrubs.
    Wow. Im Sorry If This Sounds Harsh, But Your Judgement Of Talent Blows.

    Blatche/Young>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyler/Paul George.

  5. #4

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Im Sorry If This Sounds Harsh, But Your Judgement Of Talent Blows.

    Blatche/Young>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyler/Paul George.
    I'm Sorry If This Sounds Harsh, But Have You Watched Pacers Basketball For The Past Couple Of Years At All? Better Yet, Have You Ever Watched Andray Blatche Play?!

    Look At This:

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/t...urphy.jpg?o=18

    How many games has Troy Murphy cost us?

    Look at this now:
    http://www.wizardsextreme.com/forums...ead.php?t=2379


    There is no one on the entire team I hate more right now than Andray Blatche.

    The dude is a CLOWN. He has less passion for basketball than Kwame Brown. When Michael Wilbon makes a claim, he knows what he's talking about...and every single article he makes reference to how Blatche would rather be at parties than playing the game of basketball.

    How damn obvious is it? The dude is like 7 feet and gets FIVE REBOUNDS A GAME as a starting center. Dominic McGuire and Caron Butler OUTREBOUND HIM as starting TWOS AND THREES.

    He put on like twenty pounds of fat in the offseason. He's completely out of shape and is always the last person coming down the court. Apparently, team staff have forever been trying to get him on a consistent strengthening and weight-training program but he hasn't done ****.

    His weak-*** finger-rolls around the basket drive me nuts. So do his outside jumpers. You're SEVEN FEET TALL AND CAN JUMP OUT OF THE GYM. DUNK THE ****ING BALL!!!

    It seems like the only thing he's improved since he got here is his free throw shooting...which is ***damn great, considering he takes TWO FREE THROWS A GAME and never takes the ball strong enough to draw any contact.

    Why we made Ed Tapscott interim HC is beyond me. The man is Director of Player Development, and our development here has been ATROCIOUS. Blatche is a talented monster who is a fat lazy lard. Pecherov has gone nowhere. Young doesn't seem much different from last year, and was expected to step up on both ends. McGee and Crittenton he doesn't even play.

    Blatche epitomizes what is wrong with this team though. We gave him what, a 5 year, $15 million contract based on nothing but him having loads of potential, and after getting shot, being continuously lamented by his teammates for not going all-out, this is how he rewards us????

    If I was coach, I would tell Andray Blatche he's not playing in a game the rest of the season, and will be suspended indefinitely until he gets himself in suitable shape. That means a) being able to run up and down the floor, b) bulking up and not getting thrown out of the way by every player in the league, and c) developing some mental toughness, enough to learn how to take a charge, DUNK THE ****ING BALL, and not whine and sulk about coming out of games.

    THIS IS YOUR JOB. If I got paid $3 million plus a year to be a basketball player, I would not do anything else. Like Gilbert, I would live in the gym, do absolutely everything I can to get better, and not be satisfied until I win.

    I think some of the guys on our team are like that. Caron and Twan for sure. Songaila is a professional. Andray Blatche seems perfectly fine with being Darius Songaila for his career though, a possible 9th man on a playoff team, when IF THE MAN PUT SOME EFFORT IN, HE COULD BE A DAMN KEVIN GARNETT.

    It's time to get hard on Blatche and kick this loser off the team until he shows some more commitment than Kwame Brown. His conditioning is atrocious; I feel like I'm in better shape than him, and getting 5 rebounds a game in your 4th year as a starting center is just putrid..it reflects a lack of preparation, which leads to failure, as well as a lack of any heart or desire out on the court.

    "IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME." Someone tell Andray Blatche if he ever wants to be worth a **** as a basketball player, he better get his *** to work. And someone teach the man he's not a 6'7 SF...his outside shot will never be consistent enough to keep him in the game there, and as much as he hates it he's a SEVEN-FOOT-CENTER. Bulk up, and learn how to rebound, dunk the ball, and not get pushed around by bigs out there.
    Did you know about this? Kid has all the tools but he won't ever, ever be a part of a good team because he simply sucks. He tries to be a guard, he's soft, he doesn't love basketball, and he doesn't play hard.

    I guarantee that you went on nba.com and looked up his stats and said, "Hmmm, looks good to me." Then you are going to tell me my judgment of talent sucks? Wow.

    I wouldn't take him for free. And Nick Young sucks too. Fans won't admit it since he's till young, but 90% of the time he shoots the Wizards out of games with an occasional decent game. He plays no defense as well.
    Last edited by hoops_guy; 12-25-2010 at 05:13 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Yeah, I remember Blatche throwing a tantrum last year because he wasn't getting to shoot enough.

    He'll never be much of a winner. Kid just doesn't get it.

  8. #6

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    He also got a $15 million extension last year too.

  9. #7
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He also got a $15 million extension last year too.
    Did you mean to hit the 3, and hit the 1?

    It was $35 mil.

  10. #8

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    In that case then this goes out to Washington's front office:



    That should completely kill the mood for any Blatche fans.

  11. #9
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops_guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm Sorry If This Sounds Harsh, But Have You Watched Pacers Basketball For The Past Couple Of Years At All? Better Yet, Have You Ever Watched Andray Blatche Play?!

    Look At This:

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/t...urphy.jpg?o=18

    How many games has Troy Murphy cost us?

    Look at this now:
    http://www.wizardsextreme.com/forums...ead.php?t=2379




    Did you know about this? Kid has all the tools but he won't ever, ever be a part of a good team because he simply sucks. He tries to be a guard, he's soft, he doesn't love basketball, and he doesn't play hard.

    I guarantee that you went on nba.com and looked up his stats and said, "Hmmm, looks good to me." Then you are going to tell me my judgment of talent sucks? Wow.

    I wouldn't take him for free. And Nick Young sucks too. Fans won't admit it since he's till young, but 90% of the time he shoots the Wizards out of games with an occasional decent game. He plays no defense as well.
    You're Very Entertaining.

    Yes Ive Watched Blatche Play Since He Was Drafted, I Live In DC.
    You Accuse Me Of Going On NBA.com, But You Used A Fan Rant On Another BLOG Site From 2 Years Ago To Prove Your Point. Really?

    The Guy Would Be The Second Best Player On Our Team And You Call Him A "Craptastic Srub"?
    He'd Fill Our Most Pressing Need As Player X. You Know The Power Forward Who Can Also Double As A Center.
    He Only 24 And He's Already Got A 35Mil Extension From The Wizards, A Deal In Which His Salary Wont Reach 10 Million In Any Season. That's A Good Deal For The Garbage That I Proposed To Send To Washington.

    He' Does Dog It At Times But That's Because The Wiz Suck Soooooooo Bad.
    He Honestly Wont Have Any Shot At The Playoffs Any Time Soon So I Dont Blame Him. I Don't Condone It But I Don't Blame Him Either. The Kid Is Nice And He'd Be A Perfect Fit In Our Line Up. Washington Is A Wasteland For Big Men. I Bet You Thought Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace And Chris Webber Were Craptastic Scrubs Too Huh?

    You Probably Wanna Put Together A Mega Deal For Josh Smith, As If The Hawks Would Ever Trade Him To Us. Or You Wanna Wait To Let Guys Deals Expire And Sign Carl Landry In The Off Season. Either Way We'd Be Overpaying.

    He's A Good Player On A Good Contract And This Would Be A Good Trade.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,598

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I'd be extremely hesitant to trade PG and Tyler by themselves.

    Add that Lottery protected first to the deal, and you'd be out of your mind to make that deal if you were the Pacers.

    The Wizards would be ripping us off in the same way we did to NJ, Houston, and NO on the Collison deal.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  15. #11

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be extremely hesitant to trade PG and Tyler by themselves.

    Add that Lottery protected first to the deal, and you'd be out of your mind to make that deal if you were the Pacers.

    The Wizards would be ripping us off in the same way we did to NJ, Houston, and NO on the Collison deal.
    What he said.

    I'd rather take a JJ Hickson than Andray simply because he plays like he isn't the best player in the world. Andray is a scrub. He smells like a scrub. Has all the talent but won't put it together and has a scrub's game. All that goes to Nick Young too.

    The peeps aren't winning players. I don't understand why you are freaking out about them La_Confidential. They suck. Nick Young has been in the league for what 5 years? He can't hit a shot to save his life.

    Andray puts up DECENT numbers on a horrific team. Hooray someone call Clark Kellogg and Kevin Martin.

  16. #12

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're Very Entertaining.
    That's really sweet.

    Yes Ive Watched Blatche Play Since He Was Drafted, I Live In DC.
    You Accuse Me Of Going On NBA.com, But You Used A Fan Rant On Another BLOG Site From 2 Years Ago To Prove Your Point. Really?
    Yes because you obviously haven't watched him.

    The Guy Would Be The Second Best Player On Our Team And You Call Him A "Craptastic Srub"?
    He'd Fill Our Most Pressing Need As Player X. You Know The Power Forward Who Can Also Double As A Center.
    He Only 24 And He's Already Got A 35Mil Extension From The Wizards, A Deal In Which His Salary Wont Reach 10 Million In Any Season. That's A Good Deal For The Garbage That I Proposed To Send To Washington.
    Paul George, Tyler Hansbrough, and a first garbage? At least they aren't hot garbage.

    He' Does Dog It At Times But That's Because The Wiz Suck Soooooooo Bad.
    He Honestly Wont Have Any Shot At The Playoffs Any Time Soon So I Dont Blame Him. I Don't Condone It But I Don't Blame Him Either. The Kid Is Nice And He'd Be A Perfect Fit In Our Line Up. Washington Is A Wasteland For Big Men. I Bet You Thought Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace And Chris Webber Were Craptastic Scrubs Too Huh?
    Andray Blatche is hot garbage scrub material. And no. They actually like basketball. They don't think that they are guards.

    You Probably Wanna Put Together A Mega Deal For Josh Smith, As If The Hawks Would Ever Trade Him To Us. Or You Wanna Wait To Let Guys Deals Expire And Sign Carl Landry In The Off Season. Either Way We'd Be Overpaying.
    NOPE. Do what Larry has done this summer- be patient. Better offers are out right now; even better ones will arise.

    He's A Good Player On A Good Contract And This Would Be A Good Trade.
    Again I disagree. Similar to a Murph contract-lite.
    I may start a poll in a while.
    Last edited by hoops_guy; 12-26-2010 at 01:45 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:


  18. #13

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Hey Guy, You Are The Worst Poster Ever. Calm The F Down. Big Font = Small Mind.

    As for the trade, I certainly hope we would not consider that. I don't like Blatche enough to trade all of those assets, especially George, T, and the 1st.
    Last edited by redfoster; 12-25-2010 at 10:29 PM.

  19. #14
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Good god, this is terrible.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  21. #15

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    i really want blatche but no way would i give up part of our core (tyler and paul) to get him

    i dont want young nor do we need him with brandon manning the sg
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  22. #16
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by redfoster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Guy, You Are The Worst Poster Ever. Calm The F Down. Big Font = Small Mind.

    As for the trade, I certainly hope we would not consider that. I don't like Blatche enough to trade all of those assets, especially George, T, and the 1st.
    Thank You For The Kind Words. If You Read Any Of The Posts At All, You'd Notice That The Big Font Was Used As Sarcasm To Another Posters Use Of Big Font. Wise Guy.

    Instead Of Bashing, Why Not Offer An Alternative.

    As For Tyler And Paul, Both Good Young Prospects But Hardly Anything To Get Overly Protective About.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 12-25-2010 at 11:06 PM.

  23. #17
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i really want blatche but no way would i give up part of our core (tyler and paul) to get him

    i dont want young nor do we need him with brandon manning the sg
    Core? They Dont Even Play.

  24. #18

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I don't want Andray Blatche on this team. Ever. He's got ok talent but he makes really stupid decisions both on and off the court. Actually, his off-the-court issues are why I think he's an idiot (you can look that up for yourselves).

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solomon Grundy For This Useful Post:


  26. #19
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Ight, I'm Through. You Guys Go Ahead And Make Up Some Fantasy Trade Where We End Up With A Bunch Of All-Stars For The Garbage We've Got To Offer. .

  27. #20
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,598

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Core? They Dont Even Play.
    You're correct in the fact that they don't play. But that doesn't make them not a part of the teams core. While I'm not a coach, and have no inside information on the Pacers, most assume that if (if) JOB is not back next season, Paul and Tyler will both have much larger roles.

    It is highly likely than Dunleavy will be gone, giving Paul his playing time. Tyler is valuable to this team, unless of course your JOB. He does the little things you need to have to win. He is a proven winner. He plays with confidence, but not the arrogance and just overall crap attitude of Blatche.

    Remember, there's 15 guys on a team. The 5 starters don't have to be the only "core" players. Hell, Dunleavy starts some games. Is he part of our "core" then? Maybe I'm the only one, but I consider A.J Price to be part of our core. But he doesn't play either.

    Point is, Blatche has a ****ty attitude. Paul George's upside blows Nick Young out of the water. We don't need another wing to sit on our bench like Young. Then you want us to throw them a lottery protected first.

    You can't possibly think that's a good trade, unless you're secretly a Wizards fan simply trying to irk those of us on PD with god awful trades.

    Some people
    Last edited by Psyren; 12-26-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ight, I'm Through. You Guys Go Ahead And Make Up Some Fantasy Trade Where We End Up With A Bunch Of All-Stars For The Garbage We've Got To Offer. .
    Or just wait and don't trade anyone right now? Especially not Tyler, George, AND a future first. I thought patience was bad around here in the off-season, but wow...

    Surely the "capitalizing the first letter of every word" thing has been discussed at some point. What am I missing here?

  30. #22

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I personally think that Paul George can and will be the best player on our team in a couple of years so.. yeah.

    This has gotten a little crazy though. I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Just after so many years of having Andray Blatches (Artest, Jackson, etc.), I'm kind of appalled that we'd take someone like that.

    Just like I was upset and suprised when Stephenson was drafted here.

  31. #23
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,458
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I say now way as well. I won't be harsh on Blatche and young but I think we can get a little better deal out there. Trading George and the 1st rounder is too much for a guy that cannot make the right decisions quickly and potential.

  32. #24
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    Have any of u seen Young play this year? The kid is good. Idk anything about Blatch but if we could do a Tyler and 1st for him or something I wouldn't even think about it. I would like to keep PG if at all possible but u all act like Tyler is some superstar and he is not and he will never be. Tyler hussels which is very good but when it comes to straight up talent he lacks. McBob is sloop much more athletic then Tyler could dream of being. If we can get a good piece for Tyler psh no questions asked...TAKE IT

  33. #25

    Default Re: Pacers/Wizards

    I actually like Nick Young but I see no point in swinging a deal for him (unless it's straight up for Lance Stephenson or something). He's a decent scorer but a lousy defender. There are plenty of other wing scorers out there that can probably be had besides Nick Young.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solomon Grundy For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Is the Pacers/Wizards game on NBA League Pass?
    By SpADeD in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 06:21 PM
  2. The official Pacers/Wizards good karma thread
    By rabid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 06:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •